NRLW Wests Tigers 2023

Just finished watching the game, yeah that was alright.

I was getting flashbacks though, lots of ball in the opposition 20 and nothing to show for it, but it all changed when Lutu hit the field.

Jakiya Whitfeld a good chance for winger of the year. No other Tigers will be close for anything.
I reckon Apps might be in with a shot at one of the second-rower spots.

Togatuki's suspension will likely cost her.

I reckon Apps might be in with a shot at one of the second-rower spots.

Togatuki's suspension will likely cost her.
Think apps missed a couple of games through injury. Played well in a few but was quite in a couple aswell. I would be surprised if she gets it.I don’t know how other teams went went in the second row though

They dropped off the cliff.

Shame, I was really looking forward to.deeing that brand of play.

Injuries to our best players played a large part in their demise also fading/losing closely in the last few minutes a couple of times.Considering it was their first year at the NRL i would rate the year as a decent foundation for the future.Kimmorley who i don't particularly rate very high did a decent job under the circumstances imho

From West Tigers f/b page today:

Last week, Wests Tigers Pathways team held U17s Lisa Fiaola trials at Hillier Oval. More than 60 girls showed up to trial this year and were accompanied by NRLW players - Kezie, Salma, and Brooke. Each of our women's players was assigned a group to coach through the evening.
It was a successful evening and an opportunity to see how much interest is peaking in Wests Tigers women's pathways.
The 2024 season will be the first season to include 9 rounds in total! Summer squads will be selected in the coming weeks, with training to begin officially on November 1 #WestsTigers

1695792156337.jpeg

In the NRLW, their winger Jakiya Whitfeld had an outstanding debut season and was a worthy winner of the Dally M winger of the year.
But yet she wasn't even nominated for the rookie of the year award.

When Tigers officials asked about her omission, they were given a simple answer - the NRLW forgot she was a rookie!

In the NRLW, their winger Jakiya Whitfeld had an outstanding debut season and was a worthy winner of the Dally M winger of the year.
But yet she wasn't even nominated for the rookie of the year award.

When Tigers officials asked about her omission, they were given a simple answer - the NRLW forgot she was a rookie!
Not picked in the Australian side either. Go figure. IMO she was the best winger by a long way and yet?

Not picked in the Australian side either. Go figure. IMO she was the best winger by a long way and yet?
I think the fact she never played in the finals didn’t help her. I’d assume Chapman will play on one wing and also covers center. Can’t remember the team list to think of the other but most likely a qld player as I think there’s generally an even number of qld/nsw players

Back