NYC result - Dogs 36 WT 30

Yossarian

According to nrl.com

We were up 30-8 5 after half time, let in 4 tries in 20 minutes to make it 30-all and then let them in for the winner on the bell. Looks like a very disappointing result on the surface but I'll wait for the reports of those who were at the game.

Actually led 28-8 I believe and then down 30-28\. Kicked penalty goal to draw level and Bulldogs scored try in 80th minute to win the game.

I'm sure they'll learn from this result. Bye weekend,sure some of the boys will head home for a couple of days, then regroup and give it to Canberra.

They'll be there when the whips are cracking at seasons end.

You are probably right about that. I was just doing quick calculations… Be nice to get the two starting wingers back

I think the team needs the bye next week to recharge, plus they have 4 good players available for selection against the Raiders with Finau, Savau and Joel Jackson which will add a lot of strikepower for the backline, and big Aaron Woods is due back which will add some extra grunt for the forward pack.

1\. Mullaney
2\. Savao
3\. Jackson
4\. J Clarke
5\. Finau

That is a quality back five. I think all five of those boys will become NRL players.

@Yossarian said:
According to nrl.com

We were up 30-8 5 after half time, let in 4 tries in 20 minutes to make it 30-all and then let them in for the winner on the bell. Looks like a very disappointing result on the surface but I'll wait for the reports of those who were at the game.

I made the way out there and it was very disappointing effort in the second half. Led 22-8 at half time and scored soon after the break to make it 28-8\. They then made a mistake in the next set of six and let in a soft try. You could tell their commitment to defence was starting to wane and Canterbury started to get a roll on and with 10 to go hit the front 30-28\. Jake Mullaney levelled it up after a spear tackle was penalised. (I had an argument with the Canterbury Trainer because I had the temerity to call for the player to be sent off). The Tigers then had chances to seal the game but couldn't quite do it. Jay Florimo dropped the ball 20 out under the sticks while setting up for a field goal. The Tigers then
inside the last minute dropped the ball and the bulldogs came up with the match winner in the ensuing set.

As a team they didn't look to be as sharp as I've seen them. They got a 20 point lead from some individual flashes of brilliance but their defence was soft and when the Bulldogs cam at them they couldn't hold on. The bye has come at a right time for them to recharge.

Back