Once again...

O

ozcrusader

We can't finish a team off. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this team. Last week I said:

" As for the second half, ONCE AGAIN we didn't go on with it. We never go on with it. Every time we are up by 6 points the boys decide their job is done and go to asleep. If you are leading 19-0 at half time, then you put on another 20 and smash them, You don't let them back in the game. But we do - each and every week."

At which point I was accused of 'trolling'.

We need to learn to finish teams off, not continually letting them back into the game. Thank God Farah had the common sense to kick that FG.

True.

Although Manly are not defending premiers for no reason. they have some fair players..

its a problem i know but i think with their energy levels and enthusiasm its very hard to keep it going the full 80\. i knew straight away with the lead the got theyed flatten second half.

@Ghostdogg said:
Great win but yes, another poor 2nd half. Needs to be addressed.

Definitely agree, that second half defense was pathetic.. missed tackles must be in the 40's… first 40 was fantastic though.

But the difference this week was that u could feel Manly were on the verge of cutting us up all game, so luckily we took advantage of our opportunities in the first half. Very dissapointing to not score in the 2nd half. We should have scored of at least one of Ayshfords plays.

@ozcrusader said:
We can't finish a team off. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this team. Last week I said:

" As for the second half, ONCE AGAIN we didn't go on with it. We never go on with it. Every time we are up by 6 points the boys decide their job is done and go to asleep. If you are leading 19-0 at half time, then you put on another 20 and smash them, You don't let them back in the game. But we do - each and every week."

We need to learn to finish teams off, not continually letting them back into the game. Thank God Farah had the common sense to kick that FG.

It is quite difficult to get into the mentality of playing the game as if it is NIL ALL instead of 18 or 19-0 after putting lots of tries on.

Not a great second half, particularly in the ruck. But it was a very fast, uptempo game. Difficult to be too critical given the circumstances. I am not one to normally blame refs but I certainly thought they allowed Manly a lot of latitude in laying on our tackled players.

I'm just happy with the two points. Remember who we were playing. Manly put plenty on the knights last week and they have been in great form. I think we don't pay our guys enough credit for their wins.

Go you Tigers!!

pathetic negative post

I don't think it's that pathetic, it's a perfectly fine critique on the performance and something that will need to be addressed if we're serious about going far in the finals.

Last week may have been a worry, but tonight we were up against the defending premiers in good form. A win is a win. Comp points are the only thing that matters now.

I actually don't think we were all that bad in the second half. We evidently got tired and lazy in the last 20 minutes, but the bottom line we still managed to hold Manly out and take the two points.

Manly threw everything at us in the last 15 minutes, and we defended extremely well, despite the fact we let them score 18 points. I am satisfied with the performance.

The ref evening up the penalty count had something to do with it.
I'm pretty proud of them holding Manly out actually.

gee i dont know …. if it was a horse race, we just won a group 1 in grand style......1 point 40 points it was a win against a quality side who we have struggled to beat since we formed the jv.......

@tiger tigers said:
gee i dont know …. if it was a horse race, we just won a group 1 in grand style......1 point 40 points it was a win against a quality side who we have struggled to beat since we formed the jv.......

Well said…..It was a teriffic win.......they put in for 80mins.....

@ozcrusader said:

we weren't dominating them by any means in the first half, our tries were against the run of play… its not like we grinded it out or anything..
our seasons still alive... i'll take it.

In the 2nd half - Hayne had us back 12 metres, while the other boof head only had them back 9!

Manly won the back end penalty count 5 - 0.

Manly players were allowed to get up and run when they should have been called held.

Manly off-loaded like there was no tomorrow.

Out first half up in their face D really took the petrol out of our tank.

We were good enough to hold on…........just. Manly would have beaten every team except the Dogs and Dragon tonight. We did well.

Rubbish post, playing Manly who last week moved into equal Prem favourites, we didnt get a penalty after the 17minute mark and conceded 5, we played up tempo defence early on, we had 2 blokes (Galloway/Heighno) with limited fitness coming back after long breaks, of course we were going to die in the ring at the back end. Get a clue.

As for luck, no doubt we were lucky, but how many games have we lost in the last few minutes by a few points this year, we were due a bit of luck and the hungrier you are, the luckier you get.

@Geo. said:
@tiger tigers said:

Well said…..It was a teriffic win.......they put in for 80mins.....

Whole heartedly agree.

Latest posts

Back