One thing I never understand

Mothermagpie

Am I the only one?

I never jeer at the losing supporters, I cant understand other people getting off on others pain. I am just happy to win an enjoy the win :crazy

What do you do when we win, rub it in??

I always think how I feel at moments like last night and never want to make others feel like that.

Guess I am in the minority!!

Shattered today :frowning:

@Mothermagpie said:
Am I the only one?

I never jeer at the losing supporters, I cant understand other people getting off on others pain. I am just happy to win an enjoy the win :crazy

I always think how I feel at moments like last night and never want to make others feel like that.

i normally only do it to dragons fans, and manly

and parra

and maybe the roosters

oh and canterbury

brisbane too, i dont like them

My computer at work understood
Went to check the labour at work this morning and went to type in Tigers based password.
It failed (I'm not kidding ) Password not working

@Mothermagpie said:
Am I the only one?

I'm with you Mothermagpie, I don't get it either. The only time I would give a bit of stick to other supporters, when their teams lose, would be in jest when I'm with a couple of my non-Tiger friends, but otherwise I try my best to live by the credo "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Never give it to blokes who support a loosing team, even Souths! I coped a few msg's after the game and thought it was pretty average from the guys who sent them… w..kers

I'm exactly the same. great OP mothermaggie!

as i said in another post, it makes me proud that we tigers fans seem to have a good attitude in these matters. granted, i am not at the games, but my web experience has shown me this.

worst example i found of this, and i don't mean to be…country-ist?!! is that a word i can invent? - was when i lived in UK for a few years. not a peep when they lose (any sport) but after the rugby world cup in 03 i never heard the end of it! i always said i thought it was good for england to win, but i swear i got that email with the bottle of wine made with sour grapes 2,434,612 times!! :laughing:

I will do it to my friends, and I expect it when we lose. I never do it to people I don't know at the game though, that's just poor form.

I always end up sitting one row behind supporters of the opposite team when I go to games. It happened last week and last night. Both sets of fans were idiots.

I don't know why they buy tickets to another teams supporter bay.. :wtf

Lol forget fans on the winning team rubbing it in. I was in bay 34 and had orange face paint thrown out over us.

Still trying to get rid of the stains now..
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Totally agree. I'm happy to get the win - I don't need to rub opposition fan's face in it to feel good. At the end of the day they're out there to cheer on their team. Unless someone is a complete knucklehead I try to treat everyone with respect. Sadly every team's fans has them, including ours. In fact I remember this poor bloke at the 2005 Saints final just getting bagged by these half tanked Tigers fans. All the guy was doing was cheering his team on. At the end of the game I felt the only thing to do was to shake the guy's hand and wish him luck next year.

Even worse than this kind of stuff are the people who yell out the car window as they drive past fans. I don't mind the "Go Tigers!" or "Go Panthers!" stuff but the "[insert team nae] suck" is pretty poor. Weak too.

The only fans I like giving it to are the dragons fans.
most of my mates and my father in law are dragons fans so I hate to lose against them, a win is so sweet.

Dragons fans are way over the top when the tigers lose, even if it's not them playing each other.
Funnily enough all those that were quite vocal on friday night have gone rather quiet after last nights game

Dragons fans bring it on themselves. There isn't a cockier set of fans in world sport when they are winning. They don't have any problem telling you they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. How can you not enjoy it when they get humbled. I soak up every second of it

Funny that Broncos beat them by the same scoreline they beat us by last season
KARMA I say

lol alien what supporters don't you give it to…

Funny thing about if you jeer other team's supporters you can beat ya money on that little thing called Karma coming back to bite ya on the butt at some point because not one team in this comp is invincible :slight_smile:

@Kaiser said:
Never give it to blokes who support a loosing team, even Souths! I coped a few msg's after the game and thought it was pretty average from the guys who sent them… w..kers

agree kaiser … even though i cannot stand sowffs or the dragons and having been through tough losses over years with the tigers the last thing you want to hear is moronic comments from dickheads after a sudden death end of season match. achieves nothing and to be quite honest shows no class.
:sign:

I could not agree more.

Im lucky most of my mates are proper supporters and no the last thing after a loss is a smart arse comment, so I dont get any of that, but I see it all the time, very annoying, as you say, why do you have to make someone else feel bad

One thing I have taught the young bloke (10) from day one is to respect the other team and their supporters. They want their team to win just as much as we want to. Even when the crowd boo as the opposition run out, he claps as they run on. Then when our team run out its raptuous standing ovation. Last year at the Dragons semi he was upset at the way we lost only to have their supporters screaming in his face and giving it to him. I also don't understand rubbing it in to the losing supporters.

I was disgusted on Friday night when the Tigers fans started booing and chanting over the Warriors fans doing the Haka.

That flagrantly disrespected the opposition supporters and none more so than our own five-eighth, who is Maori and the captain of the New Zealand team.

Back