Open letter to the team

westie18

to players & staff,
it is 6 hours since the end of one of the worst efforts from wests i have seen this year so far,to all those individuals who showed no resolve today,i pity you,to put yourself in front of supporters,most of which are from working class backgrounds and push on each and every day to support their families and who keep pushing on because there is no other option,those supporters who cannot just go to a doctor because they have a twinge or a sprain,those supporters who do not earn $200k or more a year,those supporters who love the game of league and try to pass on the message to their children,that,it is OK not to win all the time,but you should press on and play as hard as you can,so you can hold your head high,knowing you gave it your all.
Think about it team,you are not just playing for the big dollars or the lifestyle or the fame,you are playing the game of the people and there are people in the real world who would give a days pay to play even just one game in the big league and these people do not have the luxury of giving up,of having a bad game or "not showing up on the day"they have to keep pushing on,there is no "bad game".I hope you guys sort yourself out and start playing the game of the people as it should be played - hard,fair and no giving up.
Lets see what you can do.

What about the average punter who spent over $100 for a family outing? not to watch their team win, but to have be entertained by a team who has go?. They would have been better off going to watch a bad movie it would have cost much less in money and pain

Passion aplenty in that letter mate. Great to see!! Just wish the boys come out better for this, and wear there jersey's with pride and never put in a diabolical performance like today again!

I can not blame the players as they have clearly lost faith in the coach and are absolutely disheartened in my opinion and they look to be at their wits end with a fool for a coach who does not give the side the grunt up front they need.

Turn it UP Bug….

Grunt up front would have made no difference today...

You think Pearn , Poaneki, Vunakece or Gower would have made a difference....seriously....

@Geo. said:
Turn it UP Bug….

You think Pearn , Poaneki, Vunakece or Gower would have made a difference....seriously....

If they were blooded a while ago they would have. If the fool recruited front rowers instead of State Cup wingers we would be in a better position.

Right so 4 of the Souths tries came from us giving them the football…..

Yet Marshall's try assists read zero,,,

Bout time the blokes on the field stepped up and stopped hiding behind Sheens pathetic Coaching...

You know have a dig.....

We should do what the Broncos did back in 1988

Match win/loss payments

$500 a loss (enough to feed themselves and get to training for the week)

$3000 or whatever for a win
\
\
I bet we'd see players putting in a bit more and if they don't we'd save the club some money

@westie18 said:
to players & staff,
it is 6 hours since the end of one of the worst efforts from wests i have seen this year so far,to all those individuals who showed no resolve today,i pity you,to put yourself in front of supporters,most of which are from working class backgrounds and push on each and every day to support their families and who keep pushing on because there is no other option,those supporters who cannot just go to a doctor because they have a twinge or a sprain,those supporters who do not earn $200k or more a year,those supporters who love the game of league and try to pass on the message to their children,that,it is ok not to win all the time,but you should press on and play as hard as you can,so you can hold your head high,knowing you gave it your all.
Think about it team,you are not just playing for the big dollars or the lifestyle or the fame,you are playing the game of the people and there are people in the real world who would give a days pay to play even just one game in the big league and these people do not have the luxury of giving up,of having a bad game or "not showing up on the day"they have to keep pushing on,there is no "bad game".i hope you guys sort yourself out and start playing the game of the people as it should be played - hard,fair and no giving up.
Lets see what you can do.

great letter loved the references about the working class and pushing on to support families and how the clubs results mean so much to the fans.

@Balmain Bug said:
@Geo. said:
Turn it UP Bug….

If they were blooded a while ago they would have. If the fool recruited front rowers instead of State Cup wingers we would be in a better position.

So true!

Look at the players HE recruited for this season.

Tuqiri was a very good signing.

The rest? What use have they been to the NRL team?

Members online

No members online now.
Back