Positives from Today

Not sure about recent weeks but the middles hardened up and were pretty good last night.

I was just talking to my son because he didn't see the game live and only just watched the replay this morning.

I told him, and he basically agreed, what really pissed me off was how the media were talking up Parramatta and how they were too good and unlucky that they had some disallowed tries.

Mind you, no mention of the sin bin being a turning point and now the young bloke doesn't even have a charge to answer.

The other thing they were banging on about was how great Campbell Gillard was, which apart from scoring what I considered to be a pretty lucky / fluky try, our middles were constantly putting him on his arse, which to me was a high light of the game because I hate that turd.

Apart from Papali'i, the other guy that was more of a threat was Turtle Head Lane, but I put that more down to our defense on that side.

Just my observations though.
I agree with this big time.
RCG got belted every time he hit the ball up, and was just plain lucky for the try. He was completely underwhelming for someone wanting to state a case for origin. Our young kids hammered him completely.
Pole, Matamuta, Tupou etc were huge last night. There is a lot to like about the forming of our squad for next year.

I appreciate the feedback but respectfully, I don't really care.

They can have those opinions and be as passionate as they want but when you endlessly defend the indefensible in spite of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I will call them out for what they are; Insecure fanboys who can't admit that they backed the wrong horse and would rather the team continues to fail with Brooks.

I don't respect that and I wouldn't classify them as fans. Not when they put the interests of one overpaid player over the interests of the team because "loyalty".

Not to mention I've seen how they've piled on Brooks detractors or any player that has threatened his position over the years so I really don't care how they feel.
OK, but as shown here, you can be respectful about it.

We actually scored 4 tries I guess that is a positive but
Tries are what this game is about and we have the worst attack in the NRL
Top 3 for tries -1.Storm 83
2.Panthers 82
3.Cowboys 71
Worst 3 for tries
1.Tigers 39
2.Dogs 42
3. Warriors 44
Since scoring tries is mostly about playmakers running game ,kicking game and passing game coming last on tries scored less than half of top 2 teams it is obvious we are deficient in this area and we've got worse last year for example we put 8 tries on against broncos at suncorp cant imagine that now
Time to change our halves IMO Douehi at 6 and Hastings at 7
Something has to change
By the way just for info top try scorers tigers Kenny 10 Nofo 8 Garner 5

How good was tupou eh

I can see why they are trying to make him a fullback

He is elite at breaking tackles... that break he made inside our own 20m was freakish

Last edited:
Back