Possible silver lining....

bbobb

I am as disappointed as the next supporter but believe it or not I do feel differently to '06, '07 and '08\. Even though we lost today and against the Eels (call me blindly optimistic) but there was something different this year. I think with the addtion od Gareth, Robbie and Benji actually looked more "mature". Sure, if you look at the 4 years without a finals birth you could say same old same old but while the result was the same, the effort wasn't - it was better this year.

IF we can get a couple of good buys or Dwyer, Fifita et al come on I actually think the future looks quite bright.

In other years I always thought it was effort, lack of maturity, mentality that beat us. This year they were all there - we got done by depth. Sheens promised a clean-out and he has delivered on that. He also said one marquee signing - i await in anticipation.

Look at 2010 and beyond, i think it wil be good (very good) to be a tiger.

Heads up fellas - the worm has turned.

@bbobb said:
I am as disappointed as the next supporter but believe it or not I do feel differently to '06, '07 and '08\. Even though we lost today and against the Eels (call me blindly optimistic) but there was something different this year. I think with the addtion od Gareth, Robbie and Benji actually looked more "mature". Sure, if you look at the 4 years without a finals birth you could say same old same old but while the result was the same, the effort wasn't - it was better this year.

IF we can get a couple of good buys or Dwyer, Fifita et al come on I actually think the future looks quite bright.

In other years I always thought it was effort, lack of maturity, mentality that beat us. This year they were all there - we got done by depth. Sheens promised a clean-out and he has delivered on that. He also said one marquee signing - i await in anticipation.

This is what I want to hear. Yes, we didn't make the finals but some positivity at last!

Could be worse, we could all be Cronulla fans. Holding hands with the Chooks and nothing in the cabinet. Now, where's my Season 2005 Highlights DVD? :laughing:

@Gobbs said:
Could be worse, we could all be Cronulla fans. Holding hands with the Chooks and nothing in the cabinet. Now, where's my Season 2005 Highlights DVD? :laughing:

:wahoo:

Gotta love them tiges

Silver lining = Sheens getting the sack / falling on sword

Where are you silver lining? :frowning:

@mikey said:
@bbobb said:

This is what I want to hear. Yes, we didn't make the finals but some positivity at last!

Yep - gutted to not reach the finals, but we have seen some promising things this year. I hope we see Moltzen in the #7 and Gallant in #1 for season 2010.

@Suzie-Q said:
@mikey said:
@bbobb said:

Yep - gutted to not reach the finals, but we have seen some promising things this year. I hope we see Moltzen in the #7 and Gallant in #1 for season 2010.

I agree that the losses this year weren't as soul destroying as some over the past few years we seemed to be competing longer into the back half of games and showed a lot more ticker.

competitive this year at least, the heart was back….. just a shame about injuries, bench selection, overall team selection....

@bbobb said:

I have that feeling too.

11 wins in 2007
11 wins in 2008
11 wins in 2009

Looked like we tried harder then 07 and 08, which is a small consolation. However it doesn't mask that ultimately with out list the season was another one of missed opportunity, inconsistency and ultimately failure.

@bbobb said:

Geat post i think you are on the money! Thought the boys played with more guts this year, so we missed the finals we where never gonna win the comp imo not this year any who!

I don't think anything has changed. We were unable to win the close games once again. We had a big winning streak but also had a big losing streak. It all show inconsistancy. Has there every been a coach in the NRL that has failed to get his team into the finals for 4 years in a row and survive to coach the team the next year?

@Gobbs said:

The bulldogs were LAST on the ladder in 2008,Now!!! look at them

The only difference between this year and the last few is simple ELLIS. Our forwards went better and were not rag dolled by every second team as in past years. As for the other players nothing much changed, they missed plenty of tackles,gave away dumb penalties, took dumb options and guess what we came empty once again. Ellis saved us from being with the chooks

@Danos said:

If that is what you wnat name a better coach to come in…

Sheens is still the best option for us by far...

Sheens gone = Benji gone IMO

@Tiger_Al said:
@Danos said:

If that is what you wnat name a better coach to come in…

Sheens is still the best option for us by far...

Sheens gone = Benji gone IMO

Benji is contracted til the end of 2011, he can't just leave.. and who knows? He might like Kearney :slight_smile:

@supercoach said:
The only difference between this year and the last few is simple ELLIS. Our forwards went better and were not rag dolled by every second team as in past years. As for the other players nothing much changed, they missed plenty of tackles,gave away dumb penalties, took dumb options and guess what we came empty once again. Ellis saved us from being with the chooks

Unfortunately, I think you are right, because we are going to end up wit the same result as the last three years. If the result is the same, nothing has changed, because results are the thing that matters!

Back