Prediction for captain 2023

1. Big, dumb, oaf. Couldnt imagine him engaging sponsors and the like
2. Hasnt bought into the culture of the club yet, being traded here isnt the same as wanting to come here off your own bat
3. Pretty heavily penalised from memory, goes a bit silly at times. May be a disruptive influence
That's more than three 🤣
I get your points

That's more than three 🤣
I get your points
If we’re going for experience and respect( most important) I’d go API but not sure if he’s a strong personality or not.
And of course he has the Origin conviction that may preclude him from consideration.
It’s a very tricky decision for Sheens and Co,

If we’re going for experience and respect( most important) I’d go API but not sure if he’s a strong personality or not.
And of course he has the Origin conviction that may preclude him from consideration.
It’s a very tricky decision for Sheens and Co,
Browny, having slept on this and read other member's opinions, the standout is Joffa, especially now that he's recommitted.

Tigers’ headache amid captaincy drain.
Staff Writers from Fox Sports
December 14th, 2022 8:58 am

Tigers coach Tim Sheens is adamant he has enough players capable of captaining the team in 2023 despite a leadership drain at the club.
Doueihi is the early favourite for the job, but forwards Joe Ofahengaue and Stefano Utoikamanu could also be in line to lead the side.

Star recruits Api Koroisau, Viliame Kikau and Isaiah Papali’i are unlikely to be considered for the role in their first seasons at the club.

I stopped reading after that... Great accurate journalism 🤣

Tigers’ headache amid captaincy drain; Returning Bronco eyes starting role: Off-season Central

Tigers coach Tim Sheens is adamant he has enough players capable of captaining the team in 2023 despite a leadership drain at the club.
Doueihi is the early favourite for the job, but forwards Joe Ofahengaue and Stefano Utoikamanu could also be in line to lead the side.

Star recruits Api Koroisau, Viliame Kikau and Isaiah Papali’i are unlikely to be considered for the role in their first seasons at the club.

Up to the Murdoch media's usual low standard,mix a few facts and complete and obvious lies to present a distorted and biased narative.

I think the new recruits are all great leaders, but I doubt the club will go in that direction. gun to my head, I can see Ofahengaue and Brooks being co-captains.

I think the new recruits are all great leaders, but I doubt the club will go in that direction. gun to my head, I can see Ofahengaue and Brooks being co-captains.
If we are hoping to get the best out of Brooks then he shouldn't be captain, he shouldn't have any added pressure added onto him & should just be allowed to play his game. I think Joffa would be a good candidate.

Last edited:
Wow, some suggestions are ludicrous , Joffa deserves it, tough ,level headed and a leader. Brooks and AD,-- the media would have a field day,-- Tigers captain does not have a contract for next year.
Bateman- played in a second rate England side, and selected over Kleemer and Api, both internationals,and 2 of the best in the game, boy would they be pissed off .-Great for morale.
Some of the other suggestions, not worth talking about.

Tigers’ headache amid captaincy drain; Returning Bronco eyes starting role: Off-season Central

"Staff Writers" - either the Year 10 work experience kid or Buzz.... not sure which ??

What a load of crap, how far will these clowns at Fox stoop to write something about WT.

I like the thinking outside the box of appointing a player from another club as our captain, tele are really onto something. Do we have to consult kikau or do we just announce it? He'll have to watch our games and phone in for captain's challenges. When we play the doggies, he can just call them for us from the other side. It'll become the latest craze, like the everyone's a captain trend. Keep up the quality journalism tele!

Browny, having slept on this and read other member's opinions, the standout is Joffa, especially now that he's recommitted.
I see where you’re coming from CC but is he going to be a regular first grader. - A lot of new, up and coming players, and he might revert to some bench time.
A tricky situation .

Latest posts

Members online

Back