Raiders sign Tedesco - Official

@ulluru22 said:
Is Tedesco's manager the same one that manages Milford? Cause if it is then u can put two in two? Can anyone clarify?

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Yep same shonky manager, also reps Proctor and (I think) Mansour, so he simply played them all of against each other.

@TigersFan4Life said:
Did anyone else see the Channel 10 sports bulletin? Tedesco said, "It was never really about the money. I visited Canberra and saw an opportunity there…"

So if he is telling the truth (LOL), he is saying he would prefer to live in and play for Canberra under stupid head Ricky, rather than continue playing for the team he started with as a 13 year-old, where he has not only some great mates, but a bunch of talented team mates who will make him a better player with each passing season?

So, if he is telling the truth, he's not greedy. He's a moron. Perhaps that is worse, LOL.

Obviously it's BS, but I wonder who advised him to say that? I'd have more respect for him if he acknowledged that it was about the money, than giving us such filthy BS.

Signed in for the first time in a long time to say the say thing, Opportunity? What a joke, he had plenty of that at the Tigers with a lot more upside.

Good luck to him he will have plenty of time to count his money & watch his ex team mates during finals time over the next few years. If Ricky Stewart makes the finals in the next 3 years it will be an absolute miracle.

Seriously, why doesn't Harry just give Teddy's parents a Meriton Apartment in Rhodes to making up the shortfall .
The Man has got billions….more .money at 80 years of age wouldn't excite me , but helping your team win a premiership or 2 before you turn out the lights ,would seem like a very smart investment

I feel the pain but the club has made the right decision imo.

We have a cap to manage and the money Canberra have offered is risky bordering on insane.

Lathami, I don't remember too many fans wanting Fafita to leave. It was your man Sheens that didn't like his attitude that threw him in as a set of steak knives to get rid of Gibbs.

I understand the calls to drop him but don't agree. He should play firsts for the sake of the club, we are still a massive chance imo and I have a lot of money riding on us to finish strongly.

If he ends up dogging us like Scott Prince then I would stand him down from duties.(not play any grade). No doubt there is extra pressure for him to perform but thats his problem.

Finally I can barely remember a game where we haven't worried if the kid had hurt himself again…. now all Canberra's problem and Ricky seems like a nightmare boss.

Also his game has gone to a new level this year …..it's not a coincidence that he spent a full off season with a Daly M winner fullback as a coach ....can't see how his game will improve at th same rate with Ricky as his coach

I seem to be reading too many nice words about Tedesco. He is a traitor in my opinion. I would stand him down for sure.

The earth just shifted. It can't be underestimated what has just happened. A kid in his local club, benefiting from their faith in him since a 13yo and supporting him through major recovery and rehab on his way to supposed nrl stardom, has just turned his back on them for the filthy dollar. Tedesco will learn a hard lesson in life through this.

I'm not disappointed. I am angry. Utterly disgraceful.

Let him get fat on the sidelines for the rest of the year or release him now to the care of the most overrated, narcissistic, ego maniacal coach of all time….Ricky Stuart.

Good riddance. Bring on the karma.

Worst thing he could of said was that it wasn't about the money - plus he has the same opportunities (or better) at the Tigers.
He should have been honest and said the money was just too good to refuse - which it probably is when you don't know for sure how past injuries may affect him in the future.
If you come out and tell the truth you will always get some respect , even if people don't agree with your decision.

Well Teddy is gone see you champ go after the bucks, so guys lets move on better players have come and gone who do we look too to play fullback do we buy or look to our lower grades is there anyone putting his hand up.

We be interesting if they (Raiders) sign more players…

They thought they had Proctor sign and sealed.

Well here goes

The Tigers offered Teddy
2015 330 k
2016 370 k
2017 450 k
2018 575k

The Raiders offered Teddy

2015 600 k
2016 650 k
2017 700

Teddy would of stayed at the Tigers if they had increased 2015 offer to 370 k and 2016 offer to 400 k

Very sad to see him leave from my POV but to those who suggest Teddy shouldn't play again , why would you jeopardise our season We still have a good side that could challenge late in the season if we perform

Best of luck Teddy , save your best games for the 15 other club and maybe we will see you in the future

Watch out for the sidestep

One question happy, did either club offer any third party agreements as extra on top of those numbers?

@happy tiger said:
Well here goes

The Tigers offered Teddy
2015 330 k
2016 370 k
2017 450 k
2018 575k

2015 600 k
2016 650 k
2017 700

Teddy would of stayed at the Tigers if they had increased 2015 offer to 370 k and 2016 offer to 400 k

**Very sad to see him leave from my POV but to those who suggest Teddy shouldn't play again , why would you jeopardise our season We still have a good side that could challenge late in the season if we perform**

Best of luck Teddy , save your best games for the 15 other club and maybe we will see you in the future

My only concern with all this Happy is will it have a negative effect on the team for the rest of the season? All the players will say that they are professionals and that playing with Teddy for the remainder of the season won't be a problem, but these sorts of things can have an underlying and destabilizing effect - we've seen it before.

@Pokies said:
One question happy, did either club offer any third party agreements as extra on top of those numbers?

I asked that late last week and didn't receive an answer Pokies

@Flippedy said:
@happy tiger said:
Well here goes

The Tigers offered Teddy
2015 330 k
2016 370 k
2017 450 k
2018 575k

2015 600 k
2016 650 k
2017 700

**Very sad to see him leave from my POV but to those who suggest Teddy shouldn't play again , why would you jeopardise our season We still have a good side that could challenge late in the season if we perform**

My only concern with all this Happy is will it have a negative effect on the team for the rest of the season? All the players will say that they are professionals and that playing with Teddy for the remainder of the season won't be a problem, but these sorts of things can have an underlying and destabilizing effect - we've seen it before.

Flip this sort of thing happens all the time

He is still mates with all the players and I'm sure while disappointed they would wish him the best

@happy tiger said:
Well here goes

The Tigers offered Teddy
2015 330 k
2016 370 k
2017 450 k
2018 575k

2015 600 k
2016 650 k
2017 700

Very sad to see him leave from my POV but to those who suggest Teddy shouldn't play again , why would you jeopardise our season We still have a good side that could challenge late in the season if we perform

If your figures are right Happy this club is a joke - why wouldn't you fork out an extra 70k over 2 years to keep probably one of the best prospects in the game - I'm dumbfounded. This club will be the laughing stock of the NRL when those figures get out.

Still massive overs for potentially good player with history of injuries

Personally I would play him as long as we are in contention. I actually think we can do some damage this year if we have a healthy squad. I don't see it is a development year when everyone is fit. Like people have said you don't punish the whole squad by putting him in reserves.

In saying that I say zero inclination to cheer a single thing he does for us from here on in. The second we are out of contention I would demote him to the reserves. Otherwise play him and try and get something for all the work the club has put into him.

Then be done with him and heckle him every time he comes back to play against us. Sorry but 25 odd games in 3 seasons, 5-6 of them were great. He may go on to become one of the great but he has not done anything great at our club. Good riddance.

Back