Raspberry award

Tiger_heart

For mine, goes to the Shane Hayne tonight, turned a blind eye on Manly slowing us down in the play the ball..
Hey, did anybody notice no video ref used tonight? :laughing:

The refs dont like a lop sided penalty count .
They penalised manly early for their slow down tactics and manly eased up a bit.
The rest of the match the refs were just trying to square up the count.

Anthony Watmough and Des Hasler for their lack of sportsmanship.

Manly had their chances in the 2nd half, we were out on our feet for the last 30 min.

@Tiger_heart said:
For mine, goes to the Shane Hayne tonight, turned a blind eye on Manly slowing us down in the play the ball..

agree

Shane Haynes is usually one of our better refs but in the second half he let both teams stand up on each and slow the play the ball, this suited manly to a tee, stopped our free flowing style and let their big forwards get on top

@Tiger_heart said:

Video ref denied David Williams a try.

hasler and wattmough were quick to have a cry about our luck ,,,, but after 4 penalties to blot … they got 5 to blot ....thats why they were able To come home,,, plus we started to play negative ,and tried to protect our lead .....

Deffinately the referees. The way I see it is they are the ensure the law is enforced. If something doesn't happen inside laws, stop play and deal with it. Because one team keeps doing it, doesn't mean you should stop penalising them because you may ruin the game. Call it as you see it and forget the penalty count.

@tiger tigers said:
hasler and wattmough were quick to have a cry about our luck ,,,, but after 4 penalties to blot … they got 5 to blot ....thats why they were able To come home,,, plus we started to play negative ,and tried to protect our lead .....

i LMAO when andy raymond called des on that, at the start of the presser, hasler whinged about the 4-0 penalty count at the start, and andy quickly reminded him manly got the next 5 des soon moved on from that rant

That def shut Des up; he had nothing but a blank stare when Raymond stated this; Well done Andy!

Hayne and Cechin…..did their best for the defending premiers tonight....Jesus I loathe refs..

I have a question....when is a player tackled....

Watmough I have to give him one......This bloke is a cheat and is a prime example of Manly scum....You watch him in the defensive line....2 metres in front 85% of the game....he is invisable...Hayne and Cechin look left for crying out ...and from what I hear from you guys a sook as well...get that up ya Watmough....

Beau Ryan a little one.....he paniced....

Heighno....I hope that was tentative first game back

It's 'catch-up refereeing' - the penalties had to go to Manly in the second half because they went to Wests in the first half (for perfectly good reasons).

The refs need to clarify the notion of when a player is tackled, Manly players ran on many times after they were tackled, under the old definition of tackled. We did it once.

Manly were offside all game and lay on the tackled player all game. They didn't get penalised because the referees are scared of being accused of influencing the result through an unbalanced penalty count.

The overall award should go to David Williams though. Just the performance in general rather than any particular moment but that chip kick was selfish as.

Sheens for not playing Morris. Huge mistake. Worse than any any refereeing decision, drop ball or stupid penalty. Sheens is a goose living solely on past premierships.

Checcin.

He is a turd with an agenda.

One of the times Chocmough was held and got up with a player on his leg still and was allowed to pass. This led to a try from memory

Staff online

Back