Rd 26

innsaneink

BULLDOGS GAME ON A FRIDAY NIGHT
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
>
Wests Tigers will play the Bulldogs at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night, September 4.
>
The NRL today released the round 26 draw. Kick-off is 7.30pm with NYC kicking off at 5.15pm.
>
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19221

Good….plenty time to recover for the semis

i think we can beat the dogs and titans but with marshall and moltzen as our halves and no other combo. at least we will know where we will finish early im predicting with the for mentioned halves combo of course us finishing 6th, if we dont have that halves combo i predict 10th and this game will hold no signifigance

We have certainly had our share of Monday and Friday night games this year.

Recovery time won't be much of an advantage if we play the Dogs the following week though (2 vs 7)

Hopefully we finish 5th, as we will play the first final in the same conditions (Fri night)

There is a God, I live in Brisbane and am in Sydney for a wedding that weekend! I was hoping not to get a Sat game.

I've never been to the SFS, anyone know where is good/bad to sit?

Cheers

I hope we dont come 5th … that means we'll play on the Friday night in the first week of the finals on the 11th of September and I have a Uni exam that Friday night from 6-8\. I have been to every game this year and would hate to miss the match coz of an exam!

6 day turnaround so we should be okay. Dogs play against the Dogs on the Sunday in Rd 25 so we'll have an extra day to prepare.

In regards to seating at the SFS, you get a pretty good view all round. Even with a 15,000-20,000 crowd you mainly get people sitting on the east or west sides, not the north or south. At night, sitting on the east side wont matter as you wont have the sun in your eyes. If you like to be close to the action, get a row with a single letter. If you like a bit of a wider view, get a row with double letters as the rows start with A being the closest to the fence and work their way back to Z then after Z is AA. We sat in row FF in Bay 38 (east side, south 30m line) on the weekend and had a great view.

i was hoping this games played on a sunday afternoon, but friday night would be better coz if we make the finals, it will give us at least 7 days preparation if not more.
if we finish 7th, we will play the dogs the next week in finals week 1.
id rather finish 7th n play dogs at anz where we can fill the ground than finish 8th n have to play dragqueens at either kogarah or wollongong where refs are scared sh*tless to blow a penalty against st george n will probably shred us.

@alex said:
I hope we dont come 5th … that means we'll play on the Friday night in the first week of the finals on the 11th of September and I have a Uni exam that Friday night from 6-8\. I have been to every game this year and would hate to miss the match coz of an exam!

6 day turnaround so we should be okay. Dogs play against the Dogs on the Sunday in Rd 25 so we'll have an extra day to prepare.

In regards to seating at the SFS, you get a pretty good view all round. Even with a 15,000-20,000 crowd you mainly get people sitting on the east or west sides, not the north or south. At night, sitting on the east side wont matter as you wont have the sun in your eyes. If you like to be close to the action, get a row with a single letter. If you like a bit of a wider view, get a row with double letters as the rows start with A being the closest to the fence and work their way back to Z then after Z is AA. We sat in row FF in Bay 38 (east side, south 30m line) on the weekend and had a great view.

I think you're pretty safe on the Friday night for the semis…we'd have to win all 4 matches coming up.

firstly i'm hoping we make it, it's far from certain - but a dogs match at ANZ would do me fine.

Hopefully they will be on a bit of a downer after the Hazem tribute

@innsaneink said:
BULLDOGS GAME ON A FRIDAY NIGHT
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
>
Wests Tigers will play the Bulldogs at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night, September 4.
>
The NRL today released the round 26 draw. Kick-off is 7.30pm with NYC kicking off at 5.15pm.
>
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19221

Good….plenty time to recover for the semis

Hope it's not a full moon !

Amazing what a bit of success can do. Ch 9 are on the Wests Tigers bandwagon. 2 Friday nighters out of the last 3 rounds. Parra and Canterbury under lights, on the big stage. Doesn't get any bigger. A great test, respectively. Can't wait. But first….Cronulla this week :smiling_imp:

Bloody NRL, put that game on a Sunday we'd get a huge crowd (30k+) providing we're still in finals contention, but instead they put us on Friday, with another blockbuster on at Win Jubilee (Dragons vs Eels) on at the same time.

@Marshall_magic said:
Bloody NRL, put that game on a Sunday we'd get a huge crowd (30k+) providing we're still in finals contention, but instead they put us on Friday, with another blockbuster on at Win Jubilee (Dragons vs Eels) on at the same time.

Hi everyone

I wonder which one will be the "live" game on TV. (Not that it will matter to me as I will be there, but I have a feeling the other one will get the gong!!)

Tigergran

@Marshall_magic said:

There is logic in their decision making though….think about. the Wests/Canterbury game could very well determine whether the Tigers qualify for the Finals as is the same case with the Illawarra/Parramatta Game. That clash could very well determine the Eels fate in 2009\. A lounge chair fan's ultimate delight on a friday night :smiley: Pity, i'll be at the game :sunglasses:

@Gobbs said:
@Marshall_magic said:

There is logic in their decision making though….think about. the Wests/Canterbury game could very well determine whether the Tigers qualify for the Finals as is the same case with the Illawarra/Parramatta Game. That clash could very well determine the Eels fate in 2009\. A lounge chair fan's ultimate delight on a friday night :smiley: Pity, i'll be at the game :sunglasses:

IQ…......... :sunglasses:

Back