Really surprised

happy_tiger

I'm really surprised we didn't take the kick to take us to a ten nil lead late in first half Robbie Farah's shocking kick trned the game

Wonder if any one else agreed ???

Pretty sure someone brought this up already; It was a good option IMO.

We had them under so much pressure, not a big difference between 8-0 and 10-0 psychologically.

This has been debated at length Happy. Personally, I don't see the difference in an 8 or 10 point lead. Its easy to look back now and question the decison, but at that moment i doubt anyone would have been calling for them to take the two

Personally, considering the opposition, I thought it might have been better to take the points wherever you can get them.

@GNR4LIFE said:
This has been debated at length Happy. Personally, I don't see the difference in an 8 or 10 point lead. Its easy to look back now and question the decison, but at that moment i doubt anyone would have been calling for them to take the two

Sorry Guys been away a while and couldn't see a thread

And the chances of basically putting back to back tries on Manly is not a high percentage option in my opinion

This is our problem , we don't always take the high percentage option I'm happy if we win ugly no matter who we play

@innsaneink said:
Im not surprised…or wasnt surprised at the time, because at the time we were all over them.

I'm wondering what option Melbourne ,Manly and Brisbane would of taken

They imo are the benchmark sides in the NRL and I bet they all take a deep breath and take the 2

No matter if they think they have a side on the ropes This is what grinding teams in to the ground is all about If we are going to win the premiership that is what we have to learn to do

i agree with ink and you cant compare us with other teams we play different…id say most clubs would have went for the try under the same circumstances.

Cant win either way if we went for a goal and got the 2 points and we lost...it would have been said why didn't we go for a try when we had them on the ropes....blablabla Ive heard it all before

@GNR4LIFE said:

i felt they gifted us a try.
we go up 8-0 and all we did after was take a set,and manly get penalized with the ball.
we take the 2 there and we have scored 4 points without doing anything.

it's funny,the set before the penalty to go up 8-0 we took on manly up the guts,got 6 to go and kept going up the guts.took the 2 and took them on up the guts and could of got another 2.
we were doing it easy and then we go away from it and things start to go awry.

@tiger4ever said:
i agree with ink and you cant compare us with other teams we play different…id say most clubs would have went for the try under the same circumstances.

Cant win either way if we went for a goal and got the 2 points and we lost...it would have been said why didn't we go for a try when we had them on the ropes....blablabla Ive heard it all before

Sorry T4E but we got to learn to play like other sides sometimes

Especially when the other sides have basically ruled the NRL for the last 6 seasons playing a style which many on here seem to abhor

the tigers are false favorites who lack the real defensive grunt needed to win the premiership….
rugby league is won on good defence ,,,,not just good attack.....

@tiger tigers said:
the tigers are false favorites who lack the real defensive grunt needed to win the premiership….
rugby league is won on good defence ,,,,not just good attack.....

Yeah agree to a point I thought the idea of signing Blair was to give us a harder edge in defence and toughen us up phsyically and mentally

We still seem to be a bit soft defensively but again it is still early days

@happy tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:

Especially when the other sides have basically ruled the NRL for the last 6 seasons playing a style which many on here seem to abhor

Mate im not having a go at you…im just saying thats what would be ask if they didnt go for a try when we had the momentum.

Our key players play a different game to the other teams like storm manly etc....if we want to play like them then we will need to get rid of marshall and farah who seem to play off the cuff to much.would you agree

I'm not saying i want WT to get rid of them either

@tiger4ever said:
@happy tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:

Mate im not having a go at you…im just saying thats what would be ask if they didnt go for a try when we had the momentum.

Our key players play a different game to the other teams like storm manly etc....if we want to play like them then we will need to get rid of marshall and farah who seem to play off the cuff to much.would you agree

See where you are coming from but teams in a similiar situation over the years have had to make the same decisions Bennett at the Broncos comes to mind He always used to tell Lewis ,Langer and Walters that it is a fine line and that if they made the wrong call he would kick them up the arse
We are a similiar side to the early Broncos and they seemed to make the right calls more often than not

We seem to make bad decisions which can be costly too often I don't have an issue with us taking a quick tap but it is the options at the end of the set which causes the problems and then we will compound it . That is the problem
If playing like Melbourne or Manly is what it takes to win the premiership then thats how I want us to play and to hell with the consequences

@happy tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:
@happy tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:

See where you are coming from but teams in a similiar situation over the years have had to make the same decisions Bennett at the Broncos comes to mind He always used to tell Lewis ,Langer and Walters that it is a fine line and that if they made the wrong call he would kick them up the arse
We are a similiar side to the early Broncos and they seemed to make the right calls more often than not

We seem to make bad decisions which can be costly too often I don't have an issue with us taking a quick tap but it is the options at the end of the set which causes the problems and then we will compound it . That is the problem
If playing like Melbourne or Manly is what it takes to win the premiership then thats how I want us to play and to hell with the consequences

The comps alot tougher these days then when bennett had the queensland broncos…..it was a 2 horse race back then.

We are not like the broncos we are not packed full of origin stars.....i see your point but our players obviously dont play like that....melbourne and manly won comps but gees they have had a good run with hardly any injuries to their key players ...i think thats the key myself.minimal injuries helps

Melbourne would have 100% taken the tap.
Brisbane probably would have taken the tap.
Manly probably would have taken the points.
Dragons would have 100% taken the points.

Point being there is no set formula. Taking the kick may show weakness or a lack of conviction .

…anyways, this didnt turn the game. It was athe p1ss poor attitude and apptitude of the entire team just after half time. 22 unanswered points had nothing to do with that penalty.

Back