Remember the good ole days...

Wow: Neil Pringle was the best lock, always brought them down with boot lace tackles
David Grant was my hero as a kid - those massive shoulder charges of his brought the crowd to their feet
Alan McMahon with those towering punt kicks
Larry Corowa - Thea best attacking weapon of all time - Larry, Larry, Larry, Larry - I can still hear the chant!!
Laurie Nicholls - absolute legend supporter.
It was great to see how much room the backs had (without the backline clogged with dopey structured forwards) ..
Look at the poor state of the turf - the pussies today get to on luxurious turf
It was great to see the push in the scrum.
Thanks for the great memories!!
The vision of this game should be ample enough to justify throwing a heap of money at this heritage ground to restore the magnificent atmosphere this ground generates!

I remember that every year there would be a late season crunch game. This would be it. Win and you're in. WT often started these games as favourites but would always lose, usually badly. There has long been a problem with the team dealing with favouritism.

Thats the thing.. We lost our Soul.
Yes, WT tried to be a solid defensive outfit under Madge and that was never going to work. This was always a club of razzle dazzle, as capable of smashing teams as being smashed. It was fun and it was frustrating. I liked that commitment to attack - they put on good games to watch, no matter who won :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back