Return of Mark the magpie ??

westTAHger

I know this maybe wishful thinking, and bear with me in this bit of fun:
if wests-tigers make it through to the finals, :pray: and progress to the grand final, will we see a guest appearance of the beloved mascot Mark the Magpie?
I am sure his presence, would be welcomed by all.
thoughts anyone??

They could have Gary the Goat for all I care.

If we make the finals the mascots will remain something I couldn't give two craps about

Would be good if he made an appearance at one of the two remaining Campbelltown games.

Bring back the NRL Mascot Race. I'm just not sure which team Gary the Goat would represent.

Better get the thinking cap on…

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
But….we're not the magpies? So no, it wouldn't make sense.

Well here is a perfect example of you so called Tigers fans. I hate the way us fans only use 'Tigers' the idea of the merge was to go 50/50 and in this case we are regarded as the 'WESTS Tigers'.
So it does make sense!

@WSTigers said:
Well here is a perfect example of you so called Tigers fans. I hate the way us fans only use 'Tigers' the idea of the merge was to go 50/50 and in this case we are regarded as the 'WESTS Tigers'.
So it does make sense!

Except we are the 'Tigers'…. and not the 'Magpies'....

@WSTigers said:
@TheSunTanSuperman said:

So it does make sense!

Why the hell is the mascot even a point of discussion?

God people get hung up on some trivial garbage

Morris the Magpie has been at some of the Wests Magpies home games @ Leumeah this year.

I thought it was a nice touch at the 2005 grand final when the tiger mascot and the magpie mascot left the field with wing and a paw around each others shoulders ….... but maybe I'm a bit sentimental !

It doesnt demean the Wests Tigers.
Just paying respect to the past.
Bring it on.
Great memories of the Maggie and Reggie the Rabbit sparring at Lidcombe Oval.

Remember it well Tom ….... all the kids loved it ....... at least this one did ......... have to admit I still do !!!!

@TheSunTanSuperman said:

Agreed. One of the main motives for Western Suburbs to merge with Balmain was to gain access to the powerful marketing logo of the Tiger. It was the same reason Parramatta courted Balmain as well.

To not use the Tiger or confuse the public with another mascot would be of detriment to the club.

Yeah it would really hurt the club. :unamused:

I can't believe some people. :laughing:

I can't understand why the current Tiger mascot seems to be wearing more and more clothes as time goes by. When did he start wearing shorts, and why? is this political correctness gone mad!!! :laughing:

ps. i thought it was a nice touch at the 05 grand final. Mascots arm in arm was a great touch.

@WSTigers said:
@TheSunTanSuperman said:

So it does make sense!

So I guess you wouldn't mind if we called the NRL team Balmain when they play at Leichhardt?

the purpose of this thread was a bit of fun only.
the only point i was intending to raise that it would be nice to see both mascots, each one a representative of the merged clubs, if wests-tigers make the finals to encourage the team on.
nothing more, nothing less.

@westTAHger said:
the purpose of this thread was a bit of fun only.

And that is exactly what this thread is - fun. It would be nice to roll out Mark, but it would be novelty gesture for a few die hard Magpie fans.

Despite that, and this is coming from an old Magpie fan, Mark the Magpie has lost significance as this successful merger has moved along. Young fans (ie: those less than 10) associate "Wests" with "Tiger" which is what a mascot is supposed to achieve. This is an evolution in the fan base wanted by the club and rightly so. No more "Western Suburbs," no more "Balmain," just a legion of Wests Tigers fans who hate Souths, Manly, Parra, St. George, Canterbury and anyone else who has ripped us off over the years.

@alien said:
Morris the Magpie has been at some of the Wests Magpies home games @ Leumeah this year.

It would be awesome if he made an appearance at all Campbellttown games.

Remember we are a JOINT VENTURE. That is two clubs combining to become one team in the NRL. But it is Balmain and Western Suburbs that do all the hard work that gets very little notice. That is bringing up the next generation of Wests Tigers.

The Wests Tigers wear their heart on their sleeve, so why shouldn't we let the Magpie walk the sidelines, defend its territory. Especially at Campbelltown Stadium!

Back