Rhino a blue?

tiger_tigers

if the selectors didnt see how good the guy is on todays performance, then they dont deserve him in their side ….rhino was the best player on the field by a country mile ....and gee 19.000 at leichhardt... rubbish ., the old lady was chockers ......

One of the best individual performances I've seen from a Tigers player in a long time! Our forwards were doing nothin and he single handedly lifted the entire team after that kick chase with Benji!

Heighno was awesome today. Won't get a blue jumper tho. The selectors are colour blind. They simply can't see anything in orange…

Dont be silly, If they pick Heigno, they'll have to get rid of someone like White or Creagh…. :unamused:

EDIT: He played the full freaking 80! Well done Rhino!

Should have been selected for Country and should have been selected in game 1 for NSW. Has been the Tigers best forward this season along with Ellis and is replicating his form of 2008.

@Kaiser said:
One of the best individual performances I've seen from a Tigers player in a long time! Our forwards were doing nothin and he single handedly lifted the entire team after that kick chase with Benji!

Spot on. Got us back in the game, reminded the boys the game was still there to win.

@G. Strombolli said:
@Kaiser said:

Spot on. Got us back in the game, reminded the boys the game was still there to win.

seriously,put up your hand if you were not fired up by rhino on that play.
how can a selector not look at that and see that is missing from nsw origin.

that is what will help win games,not the niggle crap the selectors seem to think will win.

maybe voss should be a nsw selector

if he mises this week due to the tackle, he wont get picked…

Its a tough gig to get into that backrow. While we can question some of the players picked, the backrow for NSW is doing an ok job.

I really cant see Chris offering anything different than what they already have there, other than his takling?

@Tiger Watto said:
the backrow for NSW is doing an ok job.

Are you a comedian by trade???

Creagh is the most worthless, gutless turd ever to pull on a Blues jersey

@smeghead said:
@Tiger Watto said:

I'd have Heighno pulling on a Blues jersey before Creagh, Gallen and O'Donnell.

@smeghead said:
@Tiger Watto said:

**Creagh is the most worthless, gutless turd ever to pull on a Blues jersey**

I agree, but I cant see him being dropped. Creagh is a joke and wouldnt even come close to a Qld jumper, but everyone down there think he is the future core they need to stick with.

Every time his name is mentioned I get the vision of Game 3 last year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gallen and O'Donnell (if he wasnt suspended) would have to make way for Chris if selected, not Creagh…

Geez Heighno is good but over O'Donnell and Gallen?

I think at full strength Gallen, O'Donnell, Bird and Watmough should be the backrowers, and all are better playerrs than Heighno. LOD is obviously out but Luke Lewis comes back in and to me is the 4th backrower, with Waterhouse also in the picture, as well as Hindmarsh and Creagh (who should never player for NSW again, how he can get 5 bracks at it while Farah gets just 2 isbeyond me)

Heighno has a lot of heart and does a great job for us, but I think his more another Hindmarsh type player, who does alot of work. He runs into the dummy half markers alot and probably doestn make the metres in my opinion to have a good impact in origin.

@smeghead said:
@Tiger Watto said:

by stating the 'backrow are doing an ok job', I think you need to change the Front Row, including Hooker. Once your 3-4 props get a roll on, and Robbie gives them better service out of dummy half, NSW will win. Creagh and co will improve with better go forward.

In fact, maybe Weyman can do the job with Robbie in the team, so I'd say give him another go…

as Ive said befoe.. dont care if they dont pick him… I dont want our players risked for a useless game that means nothing... Id rather them play for us on a game that means somthing up in Brisbane

@Tiger Watto said:
by stating the 'backrow are doing an ok job', I think you need to change the Front Row, including Hooker. Once your 3-4 props get a roll on, and Robbie gives them better service out of dummy half, NSW will win. Creagh and co will improve with better go forward.

In fact, maybe Weyman can do the job with Robbie in the team, so I'd say give him another go…

:laughing: Queenslanders commenting on NSW selections always make me laugh….thought you blokes couldn't give a stuff who we picked.....

Rhino would bring....guts and passion....did you see the way he led the charge in the 70th odd minute yeaterday....

Where was O'Donnell in origin....that's right benched....

@hadds75 said:
Geez Heighno is good but over O'Donnell and Gallen?

I think at full strength Gallen, O'Donnell, Bird and Watmough should be the backrowers, and all are better playerrs than Heighno. LOD is obviously out but Luke Lewis comes back in and to me is the 4th backrower, with Waterhouse also in the picture, as well as Hindmarsh and Creagh (who should never player for NSW again, how he can get 5 bracks at it while Farah gets just 2 isbeyond me)

Heighno has a lot of heart and does a great job for us, but I think his more another Hindmarsh type player, who does alot of work. He runs into the dummy half markers alot and probably doestn make the metres in my opinion to have a good impact in origin.

Wrong. Heighno is better than the lot of them on current form. Let's take a closer look…

Gallen - Played 13 games this season, averaging 80 minutes in each game. 1 try for the season, 0 linebreaks, 2 linebreak assists, 0 try assists, averages almost 22 hitups per game, averages 167 metres per game, averages 33 tackles per game, misses 2.1 tackles per game, averages just over 2 offloads per game, breaks just over 1 tackle per game and averages 1 error per game. Apart from making a lot of metres and hitups, and a good defensive rate, Gallen doesn't offer much. Certainly doesn't offer impact as his tackle breaks, line breaks and line break assists show, plus he's prone to brain melts and poor discipline.

O'Donnell - Played 8 games this season, averages 77 minutes per game, 2 tries for the season, 3 linebreaks, 1 linebreak assist, 0 try assists, averages almost 17 hitups per game, averages almost 115 metres in attack, averages 30 tackles per game, misses just over 2.5 tackles per game, averages 2 offloads per game, averages just over 2.5 tackle breaks per game, averages just over 1 error per game. Statistically he's not as strong as Gallen. Yeah, he's got aggression and that has been shown by the number of matches he has missed through suspension.

Creagh - Played 13 games, averaging 74 minutes per game, 3 tries for the season, 1 linebreak, 1 linebreak assist, 1 try assist, averages almost 13 hitups per game, averages 89 metres per game, averages 22 tackles per game, misses 1.5 tackles per game, averages 1 offload per game, averages 2 tackle breaks per game, makes less than 1 error every game. Nothing special about those stats at all, clearly has a lower workrate than Gallen and O'Donnell and shouldn't be anywhere near a Blues jersey.

Heighington - Played 13 games, averaging almost 74 minutes per game, 3 tries for the season, 4 linebreaks, 3 linebreak assists, 3 try assists, averages 15 hitups per game, averages 116 metres per game, averages 31 tackles per game, misses 2.5 tackles per game, averages almost 1 offload per game, averages over 4 tackle breaks per game, averages less than 1 error per game. Clearly offers more in attack than the 3 clowns listed above, defensively he's right in there too. Deserves his chance at Origin, he's built for it.

Staff online

Back