Richards breaks 100-try barrier

G

Richards breaks 100-try barrier
July 24, 2010 - 8:43AM

AFP

Flying winger Pat Richards grabbed a hat-trick and took his career total to 100 tries since his switch from the NRL as Wigan routed Hull 46-0 to extend their lead at the top of Super League on Friday.

The 28-year-old completed a third hat-trick of the season, ending up with a personal haul of 26 points as Wigan put last weekend's home defeat to Warrington behind them.

Richards, who joined Wigan from Wests Tigers in 2006, now has 360 points for the season.

God knows the Tigers could use some of that point scoring ability on the right wing.

Does any one know why he left? Was it the money? I'm hoping the Tigers didn't let him go on purpose.

@hammertime said:
Does any one know why he left? Was it the money? I'm hoping the Tigers didn't let him go on purpose.

I think it was something to do with his wife… he was only meant to stay there for like 2 years or something as well.

Unbelieveable year for him...
22 tries (1st)
111 goals (1st)
2917 metres (2nd)

he went for the money. the offer from Wigan was huge and no NRL club could come close!

@hybrid_tiger said:
He's still only 28\. I'd be all over him if it were at all possible.

Plus, his goalkicking.

That was my first thought when I heard his age.

@hammertime said:

When he signed he wasnt setting the world on fire.
Neither were the Tigers.

if things could pan out again i can bet u that the story would be different..

Yeh i am sure when he signed ( midway through 2005 ) he did not think the tigers would win the comp that year. maybe if it was later in the year when we were making our run ro the finals he might have stayed. but anyway still only 28 and would love him to come back to the tigers if and when he comes back to Australia. he cant love England that much surely

cause like the rest of the team he was pretty average player for the first part of the season
and he got offered big money…

@T-REXX said:
cause like the rest of the team he was pretty average player for the first part of the season
and he got offered big money…

Thank goodness I am not the only one who remembered how disinterested and poorly he played the first 14 weeks or so.

He was actually worse than Moodie when he returned to us for thos epic fails in Melbourne and Townsville

Back