Robbie Farah

TheSunTanSuperman

Has it occured to anyone else that since his Origin dropping, he's become a bit of a one dimensional player? He destroyed Souths with something like 8 try assists but since he was dropped he's probably had 1 in 4 games.

You don't think some boofhead like Bob McCarthy would've told him to tone himself down would you?

We've been winning, but Robbie's over-ephasis on tackling, and going through the motions in attack has me worried.

In case you haven't realised, every team targets Robbie in defence. The more tackling he does, the less juice he has left in the tank to attack, not to mention most of the referees are allowing teams to lie all over the Tigers in the ruck which hinders Robbie's ability to scoot out of dummyhalf.

@willow said:
In case you haven't realised, every team targets Robbie in defence. The more tackling he does, the less juice he has left in the tank to attack, not to mention most of the referees are allowing teams to lie all over the Tigers in the ruck which hinders Robbie's ability to scoot out of dummyhalf.

He's been a target for a while though. Robbie's frequently been a 30+ tackle a game player. It just seems since his Origin snubbing, he's become a more for lack of a better word, boring player.

I know he had tonsilitis, but he's gotten over that, right?

He did set up Tuiaki for a great try against the rorters but the refs thought they'd give that their weekly dud call. I think he is pretty close to getting back to top form and he is certainly contributing to the team.

One reason that we aren't noticing him as much may be that Benji has really stepped up - he has become our best attacking creative type player and Farah isn't trying to do it all himself. It some ways this is a lot better - in previous seasons I have thought he has hogged it too much to the detriment of the team.

@alexaki said:
@tigh said:
He's not right -

…meaning???

Hes obviously not 100% fit.

Re watch the Roosters game, after a tackle he plays the ball and just collapses. It wouldn't surprise me to see Morris jump on for him this weekend.

Robbie is the main brain-playmaker in our team. Those who jump on the Benji bandwagon contemplate a player who can do some miraculous things, and some absolute no-brainers. Robbie sees and thinks the game, and we cannot win without him. Sheens needs to change Robbie's defensive game. He takes on too much work that our forwards should be doing, and then we miss him in attack.

Reading far too much into it. Prior to the last few weeks we were ussually behind and Robbie and benji probably were playing catch up but now we have won a couple they can just play to win. all good.

@tigergirlz said:
Robbie is the main brain-playmaker in our team.

he was….
but moltzen is the man now... he craps all over farah and marshall as an on field leader as far as im concerned.. he can REALLY read the game. moltzens going to be something special.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
We've been winning, but Robbie's over-ephasis on tackling, and going through the motions in attack has me worried.

im not worried about his defence…cam smith when he was in his prime was doing the same amount of work (and prob still is).
its the predictability in attack.
i just hope hes still got more to offer and we havent seen the best of him..

@djm619 said:
@alexaki said:
@tigh said:
He's not right -

…meaning???

Re watch the Roosters game, after a tackle he plays the ball and just collapses. It wouldn't surprise me to see Morris jump on for him this weekend.

He collapsed because he copped a knee in the back of the head from some Rooster player.

I would have rested him in this game or at least started him from the bench. I'd give J Mo a crack and im sure hed play hard from dummy half with Sticky watching.

Robbie needs to rest.

The man makes 40 tackles a game. Mentally and physically he needs a rest.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@djm619 said:
@tigh said:
He's not right -

He collapsed because he copped a knee in the back of the head from some Rooster player.

Exactly….he got up with a limp but seemed to shake it off.....

His back will never be 100% right...Management is the key....

Robbie is brewing the pigs lift a cog and watch Farah slay them......

by mtd » Thu 13 Aug, 2009 10:38 am
he was….
but moltzen is the man now... he craps all over farah and marshall as an on field leader as far as im concerned.. he can REALLY read the game. moltzens going to be something special.

He is not anywhere Robbie yet - no way. I'm really impressed with the kid (and am worried that he won't be doing his organising best at fullback) but am still to see him slot the great grubber through the opposition like Robbie does, or organise a play under real pressure.
I think the pairing is great, but I think you underestimate Farah's gameplay.

Back