Robbie seems a bit lost

tigergirlz

Hesitant to make decisions when penalties were taken, and he doesn't seem to have the presence he has had in the past.
Is he just quietly being effective in his role as hooker/captain (although I didn't see him pack into a scrum), or has his impact on the game dropped?

I disagree.

The last two games imo are giving me a lot of reason to hope that he is getting his form back. He seems to be taking the right option more often and not trying to do everything.

I agree about the penalties bit. Im sick of seeing the players turn to the bench to be told what to do. They're the ones out there with a feel for the game, so they should be making the dicisions. Farah and Marshall are an extension of the coach once the game starts and it should be there call.

Maybe that is part of Sheens' way of reigning in the team under the coaching staff. It is a little annoying but I am ok with it for now.

I actually don't mind them seeking instructions from the coach. It's better then seeing benjis stupid quick taps that cost us 30ms

Yeah I think he's playing fairly well, slowly getting back into form and not trying to do everything

He was good.

He has set the bar so high in previous years (specifically 2007) that when he doesn't pull out a match winning play every week, people say he isn't playing well.

@hybrid_tiger said:
He was good.

He has set the bar so high in previous years (specifically 2007) that when he doesn't pull out a match winning play every week, people say he isn't playing well.

agree totally HT

I think he's coming along ok. I think he's trying to play a bit smarter and work on the basics a bit more at the moment. He didn't really run the ball last night but his kicking game was alright, his passing game was good and his defence was good. Next week's game against Ennis will be a good test.

having another genuine play maker in the team will help farahs game. now that lui has shown he is up to it farah can relax a bit and just start controlling the ruck. i loved the way he chimed into the backline late in the set aswell. throwing the cut out to put daniela away for his own try, thengrubbering for flanagans. he was second reciever for both those plays.

On occassions, Farah has overplayed his hand more than Marshall. Of late, Farah has played within himself a bit more and I think its working for his benefit.

Back