LIVE GAME Round 2 Discussion**SPOILERS**

Live Game Discussion
Good for you , I never ever did and still don’t.. can’t tackle, bad hands and terrible attitude,,, glad he is gone
Same.

He looks to have dropped some size.
Looks more like a winger now than ever.

Depth player at Manly though.
Not good enough for our premiership challenging squad.

When you have strike power across the park, that’s the outcome. Defending everyone not possible.
I agree with everything you say about our backs being just plain in comparison and we can't defend against teams with stars and strike power across the park but Whats the Answer?
I can't accept we just put up with another year with about 3 wins and 17th place .
It seems apart from Api and perhaps Papalii we have recruited no stars -In their prime
Klemmer of late seems past his prime and Bateman is a small forward and seems very flaky with his form .
In terms of our main strategy of bringing thru home grown stars -well imo Bula is one
Steph is potentially another but most of our Cup and junior feed are either too young or not top grade and offer no solution .
Interesting comment from the commentators yesterday that Brooks and Talau trained the house down in the pre season and are superfit and said Tommy had lost 8 kg
Cant see how this year's recruits of Sullivan and Sezer are a step up on last year's half's
So imo -Our recruitment still ordinary , Our training regime in terms of fitness is still poor
We still have a roster which is full of small guys who are not even fast
Staines ,Tupou and Toa are prime examples
Would have thought Benjis plan would be fix the Roster with some big and very fast backs
Galvin might make it one day but the 18 yr old is very green and not likely to solve much
It just seems that year after year we are just treading water ,
If you keep going around and around in diminishing circles you eventually disappear up your own fundament .Eventually the NRL might do something given they think there are too many Sydney teams

Reactions: BZN
I agree with everything you say about our backs being just plain in comparison and we can't defend against teams with stars and strike power across the park but Whats the Answer?
I can't accept we just put up with another year with about 3 wins and 17th place .
It seems apart from Api and perhaps Papalii we have recruited no stars -In their prime
Klemmer of late seems past his prime and Bateman is a small forward and seems very flaky with his form .
In terms of our main strategy of bringing thru home grown stars -well imo Bula is one
Steph is potentially another but most of our Cup and junior feed are either too young or not top grade and offer no solution .
Interesting comment from the commentators yesterday that Brooks and Talau trained the house down in the pre season and are superfit and said Tommy had lost 8 kg
Cant see how this year's recruits of Sullivan and Sezer are a step up on last year's half's
So imo -Our recruitment still ordinary , Our training regime in terms of fitness is still poor
We still have a roster which is full of small guys who are not even fast
Staines ,Tupou and Toa are prime examples
Would have thought Benjis plan would be fix the Roster with some big and very fast backs
Galvin might make it one day but the 18 yr old is very green and not likely to solve much
It just seems that year after year we are just treading water ,
If you keep going around and around in diminishing circles you eventually disappear up your own fundament .Eventually the NRL might do something given they think there are too many Sydney teams
I’m not quite that negative. Add Luai to Bula and Api, and perhaps Galvin and you have a pretty decent spine, with TDS coming through.

It’s about adding better strike weapons and Melbourne have proven you can find them. They normally go for tall, athletic guys like Coates, Warbrick and Reimis smith. And they obviously train bloody hard.

Our recruitment of outside backs was a dartboard approach under previous management and that’s where we need to be better. Athletic guys with work ethic only.

I’m not quite that negative. Add Luai to Bula and Api, and perhaps Galvin and you have a pretty decent spine, with TDS coming through.

It’s about adding better strike weapons and Melbourne have proven you can find them. They normally go for tall, athletic guys like Coates, Warbrick and Reimis smith. And they obviously train bloody hard.

Our recruitment of outside backs was a dartboard approach under previous management and that’s where we need to be better. Athletic guys with work ethic only.
Again cant disagree but since we've been suffering with no finals for well over a decade and recent years hitting the bottom literally I think fans need a much more rapid improvement . Look at the Dolphins they are finals contenders this year as they just flogged the Dragons who recently flogged us.
Yes 2025 add Luai to Bula to Api to Steph to the Fainu bros to Galvin and we are nearly got half a great team
My view on Galvin is he had some good and bad patches in his debut and think its a year or so early to expect much here .I think he will be a great 21 yr old .
I always think Storm know to recruit Big Tall Athletic and wonder why we end up with so many little guys .
Tigers fans are entitled to want
2024 - make the finals even scrape into 8th will do
2025 - make finals and win at least one play off game
Problem -Cant see how I think what we are entitled to being possible with this roster !!

I'd say he's the Dolphins best player, followed by Herbie.

What do you think?

I like Herbie more....
I think he has more grit!!

If I was in the Trenches, Out of them 2, I'd wanna be beside Herbie....

Again cant disagree but since we've been suffering with no finals for well over a decade and recent years hitting the bottom literally I think fans need a much more rapid improvement . Look at the Dolphins they are finals contenders this year as they just flogged the Dragons who recently flogged us.
Yes 2025 add Luai to Bula to Api to Steph to the Fainu bros to Galvin and we are nearly got half a great team
My view on Galvin is he had some good and bad patches in his debut and think its a year or so early to expect much here .I think he will be a great 21 yr old .
I always think Storm know to recruit Big Tall Athletic and wonder why we end up with so many little guys .
Tigers fans are entitled to want
2024 - make the finals even scrape into 8th will do
2025 - make finals and win at least one play off game
Problem -Cant see how I think what we are entitled to being possible with this roster !!
Unfortunately the NRL is not set up for rapid rebuilds. The salary floor where teams need to spend 95% of the cap is problematic and means you are left spending big dollars on disappointing players.

Unfortunately the NRL is not set up for rapid rebuilds. The salary floor where teams need to spend 95% of the cap is problematic and means you are left spending big dollars on disappointing players.
Isn't it about time the N.R.L. did something positive in allowing the system the A.F.L. has had in place for several years where players are put on a list for transfer to other clubs that are struggling to try to help even out the comp.
Hopefully that way WT will never come last 4 years in a row.

Isn't it about time the N.R.L. did something positive in allowing the system the A.F.L. has had in place for several years where players are put on a list for transfer to other clubs that are struggling to try to help even out the comp.
Hopefully that way WT will never come last 4 years in a row.
Agree the AFL can do it .The NFL do it .However the NRL say its illegal ? That's rubbish
Its not a level playing field . The Roosters have an interesting recruitment strategy that is recruit the hottest players eg Brandon Smith was the most sought after 9 at the time
( admit he's been a little disappointing since ) .Then last year who was the biggest fastest hottest winger it was Dom Young so of course he goes to the Roosters and I bet the next superstar may too . I have to admire the Storm with all the players they lost and all the big tall athletic no-names they find .Penrith do it thru their own enormous pipeline which is what we are trying to replicate thru Campbelltown juniors but it seems it doesn't compare
The EPL are set up to have the same 5 or 6 teams fight it out every year where interest is maintained by the fans of the bottom 14 in avoiding the relegation and to me that's a bit boring

Members online

Back