LIVE GAME Round 4 discussion spoilers

Live Game Discussion
Dylan Edwards would have to have one arm into a sleeve of a blues jumper. Never seen a fullback take the dirty hit ups he does. I'd be tapping Ted on the shoulder albeit a year later than it should uave happened.
Don't disagree on Edwards but Teddy's been very good this year, hard to dump incumbents

I'm surprised Penrith look so good despite a weakened side. That forward pack was average, Huth is still a twinkle toed 5 metre eater, despite being a consistent defender, and Garner is still a weak defender, despite the occasional decent hit, yet they were absolutely dominant against one of the better packs in the NRL. It also seems anyone can slot into the Penrith #7 and look excellent.

I think it shows how vital the 1,2,5 and Yeo are to penrith's play. The wingers' ability to gain big metres and quick play the balls helps both with go forward and allowing the forwards to focus on defensive energy. Then every set you also see Yeo taking at least a hitup, and the set gets finished off with a strong dash from Edwards, allowing a quick play the ball and time for the kicker. He's always making at least 10 and turning defensive line around. It's so smooth. And they're bucking the trend by having nuggety low to the ground outside backs. To'o's work in particular is ridiculous in the tackles he's able to push through.

Despite all their personnel changes, this little formula remains in tact and the Panthers are still using their backs much more effectively than any other team. Hard to see teams matching them until they solve this.

Young and Tupou are great wingers, but Penrith smashed them and drove them back because of their bigger frames. It's funny how deliberate this approach is from Penrith. No doubt Staines was dispensable because he can't play the way Penrith want in terms of dominant hit ups.

Luai looked pretty good without Cleary running the show. It’s obvious he doesn’t show his full ability when they both play together

Also Walker and Keary for the roosters don’t seem to click as a combo … surely Keary doesn’t have much longer left

The new no7 shared the responsibility of driving the team with Luai and was equally as impressive. Riff are a very well run club and seem to be able to recruit very good budget under studies to their key players.

Their defence is the secret to their succes, line speed and power. Still think they are beatable this year, but you will not out grind them, it will take a team that has plenty of flair and a bit of luck.

The new no7 shared the responsibility of driving the team with Luai and was equally as impressive. Riff are a very well run club and seem to be able to recruit very good budget under studies to their key players.

Their defence is the secret to their succes, line speed and power. Still think they are beatable this year, but you will not out grind them, it will take a team that has plenty of flair and a bit of luck.
Wests Tiger?

Can you imagine the intellectual conversation MG had with his Mrs trying to get her to agree to naming her son Mavrik? And how kool MG thinks it is?
The same thought pops into my head when I see RCG’s moustache. Can you imagine waking up everyday, grooming yourself, seeing that thing and thinking “that’s bangin. Think I’ll keep that”.

Back