TEAM LIST Round 4 vs. Eels

Team List
All comes down to possession and possession comes down to discipline and quality defence. Simple game plan and a good kicking game will have us in the contest

Overcoming the Easter Monday packed 30k home ground advantage will be just as big an obstacle as their impressive on paper forward pack, so our start will be more important than ever.

If they are allowed get to their fronts in the early sets, the six agains and penalties will be coming thick and fast.

A win by 6 or more would be nice, seeing WT move to fourth on the ladder and the highest position of the bye teams

Be the biggest crowd some of our young blokes have ever played in front of and most are likely to be rabid Eels fans so let's hope they won't be overawed by the occasion. Hope the boys can jag a win.

Reactions: 851
It’s quite obvious how the Eels will play, they will try and over power us with strong hard running and quick play the ball.
The test for us is to meet them and hit hard in defence, limit their roll on, limit their set restart and penalties.
We have to finish at least even in the yardage battle to give our attack a fair chance.
They call it "Line Speed".
It needs to be up to the task.

Reactions: 851
To lazy to go back and check the stats, but it seems to me most of our wins in the past five years have been night games can’t remember to many day time wins in the past five years. I guess most of our games have been at night, but still think we have a very average record in day games

I think the guys will shape up and have a dig but I'm concerned about the influence of the 30k crowd over the ref (bad calls going against us and 50/50s going eels way). In the past we havnt handled this well and drop our heads. Anyway, just hope we get a fair go.

Parra have let in 24 and 26 points against Penrith and Manly in the last 2 weeks. 8 against the Dogs.

Their defence without Moses doesn't change and I think most teams would struggle to hold Manly and Penrith to low scores.

We have crumbled when teams have tried to bash is in the forwards and Parra have the pack for that. I think they will try to beat us with a power game with Moses absent.

It will be interesting to see if we are a one week wonder.

Im at Comm bank
Cup side 3 tries last 10 mins to pull off unlikely win
Feledy great ,Naden ok didnt see Latu do much
Hope its an omen for the main show
Lunch in Cumberland lounge good
Thks to my son in law a parra tragic

Latest posts

Members online

Back