Rugby League Live - PS3

the graphics: the bodies are very square but the heads actually look like the players bit hard to compare the game to rl2 but it does have a fair bit of room for improvement

The gameplay: not as easy to score and pick up as first wanted but once u get into the groove of things it aint to bad. i think the highest score ive had was 50 - 10 or something against canberra. all i did was run lote and nella at their wingers and they broke straight through and scored but against other teams it doesnt work. the controls though are the same as previous versions so not too bad. a lot more intercepts in both attack and defence though which aint realistic especially if u pass at the line to create the gap.

One thing though is there is no team or player customisation at all so ur stuck with the squad that they supply and u cant modify it yourself to suit with transfers hopefully there will be a patch

I heard that the Rugby League 3 game on wii is coming out on PS3\. Is that what Rugby League Live on PS3 is???

@KingOvKingz09 said:
@alien said:
I heard that the Rugby League 3 game on wii is coming out on PS3\. Is that what Rugby League Live on PS3 is???

yeah it is. :smiling_imp:

Do you have it? I was an expert on Rugby League 1 & 2 on xbox. I challenge you in Rugby League Live (after I buy it and play it for a bit). Do you accept the challenge???

I remember the old ET's Rugby League on PC and also ARL 97\. I used to play them alot too. Any Rugby League game is good. I was going to get a wii just so I could play Rugby League 3 but never got around to it. I guess I'll buy a PS3 instead now. It's blue-ray isn't it, which means I can watch blue-ray movies on there?

@alien said:
@KingOvKingz09 said:
@alien said:

yeah it is. :smiling_imp:

Do you have it? I was an expert on Rugby League 1 & 2 on xbox. I challenge you in Rugby League Live (after I buy it and play it for a bit). Do you accept the challenge???

Woooooahhhh there forget the NRL…

This could be EPIC.....

After you play it for a bit...... :laughing:

I have held off buying it becasue I heard it was atrocious.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

@Geo. said:
Woooooahhhh there forget the NRL…

This could be EPIC.....

After you play it for a bit...... :laughing:

Damn straight it will be EPIC!!!
…unless ofcourse he is chicken! :laughing:

Ofcourse after I play it a bit. I'm not going to play him when he has played it heaps and I haven't played it all yet! :laughing:

@Centaur said:

Yup, it's filth. So very disappointing, honestly no point in it's release IMO.

Hey **NZTiger**, you said you guys (Sidhe) were only involved in testing, did they use your gameplay engine? Because gameplay wise, with a tiny improvements, it's almost identical to the PS2 versions you guys developed.

Graphics are a little better, no where near the full capabilities of next gen consoles, animations are different, commentary is still rubbish with Vossy.

Pretty much just an updated roster. I was very disappointed. I said months before the game came out that I would buy it when it comes out, without trying, just because it is a rugby league game. Luckily I rented it first. Not worth its release price, but I'll buy it when it's over half price.

No plans on Sidhe developing a new one aye NZTiger?

@Moh said:
@Centaur said:

Hey **NZTiger**, you said you guys (Sidhe) were only involved in testing, did they use your gameplay engine? Because gameplay wise, with a tiny improvements, it's almost identical to the PS2 versions you guys developed.

Graphics are a little better, no where near the full capabilities of next gen consoles, animations are different, commentary is still rubbish with Vossy.

Pretty much just an updated roster. I was very disappointed. I said months before the game came out that I would buy it when it comes out, without trying, just because it is a rugby league game. Luckily I rented it first. Not worth its release price, but I'll buy it when it's over half price.

Is the game-play worse than Rugby League 2???

And does it have the 2010 rosters???

Nah not worse, like I said very tiny improvement, still a frustrating game. Definitely didn't go backwards, but it certainly didn't go very far forward from RL2.

Rosters, from memory, were before the start of this season. I just played with the Tigers mainly (obviously!), all their pre-season signings were there. Again, this is from memory, played it almost a month ago.

@Moh said:
@Centaur said:

A couple of mates at work bought it and aren't bothering with it after 30 minutes. Poor graphics, poor gameplay, poor game unfortunately. If only EA games put the effort into developing a good league game. Problems is the market is too small for that type of game.

Sidhe was only involved in testing. Everything else was built from scratch, although some assets were used again (eg. Commentary) as this material belongs to HES anyway.
I see the RLL reviews are poor-fair but this is largely because of a lack of gameplay depth and longevity in the title. Certainly something RL3 was commended for at least. The graphics are another issue but all in all, not a bad first up attempt by Big Ant. Who knows where the franchise will go from here. Fingers crossed.

is it coming out on pc? that would be good so i could kick all you arses in multiplayer over the net! :smiley:

yeh i assumed it was probably pretty same as rl2 but i actually didnt care cos it was fun playing nrl lol pity about no manager mode or something

Back