Rumour: Tedesco signs with dragons

Demps

Staff member
Forum Leader
Reliable source / supposed done deal….
announcement tomorrow or Monday

Brooks to the dogs depending on Forans movement.

Woods and Moses to re sign.

2 million dollars a year for your halfback and fullback is a lot to stump up.

@ said:
2 million dollars a year for your halfback and fullback is a lot to stump up.

Yes and No

With a $10m cap for 25 players if you go down the Storm route of a few great players (and Teddy is great) then its prob makes sense. Plus FB and HB are the 2 positions where the big money will be spent over the next 5 yrs plus prob 1 middle forward per club- we were planning on doing the same with Moses, Tedesco and Woods. I'm not sure its true but it well could be

Maybe he liked JT? Strange he would jump ship to a club where a couple of losses will put the coach under similar pressure

Hopefully its just a rumor. If it were to happen id play Moses at 1 that way he is not in the deffensive line.

I still tend to believe if he left it would be to the Roosters.

And… if he does go to the chooks, he signed months ago.

The source is reliable but I'm also confused.
Will share source via pm with any one interested.

But said it'll be defo announced Sunday or Monday.

@ said:
Hopefully its just a rumor. If it were to happen id play Moses at 1 that way he is not in the deffensive line.

We should be the first side in history to play 2 fullbacks - Brooks and Moses just to keep them out of the defensive line.

remember theres a 10 day cooling off period so if this is true he really signed 2 weeks ago. i dont believe it. if he leaves it will be to a power club, not the dragons who are arguably worse then us.

@ said:
The source is reliable but I'm also confused.
Will share source via pm with any one interested.

But said it'll be defo announced Sunday or Monday.

This part I do not understand.

If it is true, for it to be announced it would have to of been signed off 8-9 days ago because of the cooling off period.
Before we got flogged by the Raiders and before JT got the sack and finally before we had yet to announce Cleary or however as our new coach.
Simply makes no sence unless the loss of Teddy had been known and that's what led to all the events following.

That's why I put rumour in the thread title.

I am too finding it very hard to believe but the person has inside info on contracts and recruitment throughout the nrl..

So I guess we'll wait and see. I hope not

Saints with their forwards and halfback sorted for next year are a better prospect than us. I can see the appeal there for him. He's getting bashed on a weekly basis here.
Pascoe will be lynched if true.

The story around the offer to Dugan and the fact that they saw him as a centre suggested that they were chasing a very highly rated fullback.

If that's the case, it's horrible list management.

Didn't the Tigers let Ryan Alphabet go to Melbourne. All based on the fact that he wouldn't get a run behind Tedesco?

Back