Ryan Matterson signs Offical

Tbh garner can start and doesn’t have to play the full game he is still a quality player. MCK was playing thr best footy of his career when he come on as a ‘super’ sub. So we could play Twal as a prop (although he has lock written all over him as others said previously), Garner and Lawrence as the backrowers with MCK coming on for garner.

I would prefer my 2 edge back rowers to play close to 80 so then when Russell and Ben get a bit tired the interchange can be used for them…

You don't see the Storm Rorters Souffs etc wasting interchanges on edge back rowers too often...

Matterson is versatile I can see him starting on the edge and moving into lock and McQueen, MCK or Garner coming onto an edge for impact off the bench. He will be our best player this year along with Brooks.

I've always thought 3 interchanges should be for the two props and the lock and then have one as a super-sub. That means we need 80min backrowers though…

@ said:
I would prefer my 2 edge back rowers to play close to 80 so then when Russell and Ben get a bit tired the interchange can be used for them…

You don't see the Storm Rorters Souffs etc wasting interchanges on edge back rowers too often...

I agree, and Rowdy and Matterson are these players

@ said:
@ said:

x2

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

x2

With size in the back row you can take ET and he can be used solely as a defensive machine in the guts

Then you can have the option of carrying a second hooker whose sole role is to run the opposition off its feet late in the first half

Use your strengths as strengths , not to fill holes / stop gaps

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

x2

With size in the back row you can take ET and he can be used solely as a defensive machine in the guts

Then you can have the option of carrying a second hooker whose sole role is to run the opposition off its feet late in the first half

Use your strengths as strengths , not to fill holes / stop gaps

Lawrence and Matterson should be able to do the job on the edges and that would allow ET to play at 13 as that defensive workhorse.

I still think you'd want 3 middle forwards and a hooker on the bench and ET could be replace by one of those forwards when we need impact from the bench. ET wouldn't need to play 80 minutes.

I'd love to see 4 forwards on the bench but having a hooker on the bench makes sense.

Latest posts

Members online

Back