Ryan Matterson takes aim at NRL over ‘hefty’ fine

I would think the majority of Pawwa supporters would be furious about his decision,the club is paying big dollars for him to play and he would rather sit out 3 games than pay what is small change (contract wise).
He is going to get a massive serve from his clubs supporters next year beore he even plays for them.

I disagree - He's been getting way with those tackles for a couple years....
Crushing blokes with his upper body (Because he's so big)

Only after the start of this year he started getting pulled up.
He's lucky he's only paid that many fines...

And he's paid the fines previously to avoid suspension at the time No?
Why's he changed tact now.

There's things about this bloke that just ain't right....
Plenty of Parra people think this also.
So why does Luai not get a fine for kicking someone?

Geez, what kind of external obligations does he have that amounts to $600k a year?

I just hope some is going on finishing high school.

I feel bad that I agree with him. There is no malice in his action - it wasn’t deliberate.

I can’t imagine going to work and being fined for a mistake.

The NRL want fines over suspensions because it means that there best product is on the field.

The RLPA only okayed fines being allowed because big games were being missed due to “carryover” points and players complained.

He makes an extra four grand, doesn’t risk injury and shows the absurdity of the NRL policy on the run by saying ok I’ll be suspended…

Also makes a very good point of Luai not getting a fine for maliciously kicking people yet fines are handed out because people get in the wrong position unintentionally.
Yeah he does have a point about the incident... I don't know what the defense is sposed to do when players back into the line... And he's right about Liuai too

Maybe because he's due to get some off season surgery and would miss some games next season anyway. That's really the only logical excuse around this.
If that is the case, the NRL need to monitor the situation and if he is not medically fit enough to be able to be selected then those games cannot be used as a game towards serving his 3 match suspension.

Imagine playing with this clown. Would be the only player in the whole NRL that would do this. How do you explain to your teammates that you will sit on the side line earning $25k a game to save $4000. I can’t believe eels allowed this . I seriously can’t stop laughing at him lol

Geez, what kind of external obligations does he have that amounts to $600k a year?

I just hope some is going on finishing high school.
Not as smart as Jethro Bodine because Matterson ain't done graduatin' the 6th grade yet.

He is actually very smart time off getting paid resting the body maybe fly over to Fiji with the $4K sit by the pool drink a few Margarita's only problem has to face his teammates when he gets back haha what a champion
I think he might be expected at training

Back