SCG Pitch Invasion

galahs

WESTS TIGERS STATEMENT
16/05/2010 9:22:27 PM
Wests Tigers has called for an urgent meeting with the SCG Trust to review the circumstances surrounding the breach in protocol that resulted in fans prematurely flooding onto the ground after the match against South Sydney on Sunday, May 16.
>
“The incident has caused great concern and we will be looking to understand why the procedures that were agreed to were not followed,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys.
>
“The plans put in place prior to the match were for supporters to be allowed onto the field after the second siren had sounded and after all players had left the field and returned to the dressing rooms.
>
“We are keen to learn the lessons and ensure that the right procedures are in place and adhered to so that we can continue to allow fans of all ages the rare opportunity to gain access to the hallowed turf of the SCG as part of our annual clash against the Rabbitohs.”

Who are they apologising too?

They should apologise to me, as I didn't get to have a crack at the corner flag. I am understandly devastated

“We are keen to learn the lessons and ensure that the right procedures are in place and adhered to so that we can continue to allow fans of all ages the rare opportunity to gain access to the hallowed turf of the SCG as part of our annual clash against the Rabbitohs.”

eerrrrrr. he means we are playing them at the scg AGAIN next year and every bloody year??? souths LOVE this game, yesterday was a friggin southsfest! fox was showing south sydney glories of yesteryear and talking to about 3 former souths players about how great their bloody club is, it was making me sick. on top of that they spoke to john sattler about balmains '69 grand final win.and on television atleast, it looked like souths fans out numbered tigers fans. all this at OUR home game.

STOP GIVING AWAY OUR FRIGGIN HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE YOU BLOODY MORONS!!!

when does the Magpie jersey get a shot against Souths at the SCG?

Wests are a foundation club too!!!

@galahs said:

Cant happen for safety reasons. Imagine telling all the kids to run on the field and grab the black and white striped thing in the corner that hasnt done a thing all day. Fitz just doesnt have the abilty to sidestep them.

I saw one of the security guys try to guard one of the cornor posts. He grabbed it but then had about 100 people bolt towards him and he threw it away before he was going to get smashed. Before that when he was guarding the cornor post he stopped this guy from getting the cornor post but this little kid about 5 years old made a long dash from the other side going for the prize when the security guard was distracted.

@gallagher said:
@galahs said:

Cant happen for safety reasons. Imagine telling all the kids to run on the field and grab the black and white striped thing in the corner that hasnt done a thing all day. Fitz just doesnt have the abilty to sidestep them.

hahahahaha Best post I've read today!

maybe they could do a wests V manly game there one year?

but i think it has to do with the balmain v souths grand final…

btw, how great did those jerseys look? i love them. they should be our home strip, with the black and white being the away strip.

can't they honour this game

* Grand Final - Sep 20
Sat Sep 20: Wests 22 d. Souths 12
Date: Saturday September 20, 1952
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Driver Ave, Moore Park, Sydney (NSW)
Crowd: 41,060
1952 Premiers: Western Suburbs Magpies

@galahs said:
can't they honour this game

* grand final - sep 20
sat sep 20: wests 22 d. Souths 12
date: saturday september 20, 1952
venue: sydney cricket ground, driver ave, moore park, sydney (nsw)
crowd: 41,060
1952 premiers: western suburbs magpies

just one year out of ten at least.or are we asking for too much.considering when you look at the fact for every baby being born that is a tiger there is ten magpies.mcarthur and ashfield and lidcombe region compared to balmain and leichhardt region.

How about Souths have the SCG game as one of their home games? We could alternate it annually…

Back