Season 2024 - Round 2 Team

The debate about who should be our halves just shows the problems we have.

It was the same with the debates about our best fullback and halves last year and with hooker before Api arrived.

The better teams have their teams sorted all pre season (maybe a bench spot up for grabs).

No coincidence that us, Dragons and the Dogs have had unsettled spines the past few years.
Agree we need some stability for sure. I heard we had 17 different spine combos last year which is crazy.

1. Bula
6. Galvin
7. Sezer
9. Api
14. Bud

If Fainu is braining reserve grade you reassess it after rd 8.

Same with coaches, no pressure on positions. Reassess it after 2025 when our roster is settled.

Ok .. tough one .. some players we haven't seen due to either injury or just being rested. Most players are ready but with some niggling injuries. I'm worried about Olam here's hoping he doesn't turn out to be another Reynolds/Matalino/Packer/Balin .. type player .. :oops:

Not really based on what we saw in the trial games:

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam
4. To'a
5. Naden
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Papali’i
13. Pole

14. Da Silva
15. Twal
16. Sam Fainu
17. Kepaoa / Seyfarth

18. Sione Fainu

I really wanted to see how Latu Fainu and Solomon Alaimalo in the trials .. but we didn't. I believe both these guys will be a big asset to the side when selected.

It would surprise me if we see both both Lachlan Galvin and Solomona Faataape rushed into the side should we get and injury or two in the early rounds.

Don't be surprised if Olam isn't in the squad come round 2 .. our first game .. step up Mr Faataape .. ;-)

I'm not sure having the bye first up is a great thing for the team. With round 1 being split over 2 weeks means we don't have a game for 3 weeks. We looked underdone against saints in the trial so i'm thinking we are going to be pretty soft come rnd 2.

When I watched replay again of the Dragons game one thing stood out
We look small compared to opposition
They scored 3 tries in 9 mins and basically steamrolled us guys like Ravalara and Suli could not be tackled by our out muscelled guys
We rave about new guys like Galvin and Lobb and Mason but they are small
Also Staines and Toa are small in comparison .When are we going to get some big boppas of our own . Remember Tuiaki that's power
There are 2 types of fitness Aerobic and Anabolic and we need both .How much of our training and recruitment targets the latter ?

They scored 3 tries in 9 mins and basically steamrolled us guys like Ravalara and Suli could not be tackled by our out muscelled guys
Also Staines and Toa are small in comparison .When are we going to get some big boppas of our own . Remember Tuiaki that's power
There are 2 types of fitness Aerobic and Anabolic and we need both .How much of our training and recruitment targets the latter ?

Have you seen Lobb?

Yep. Some guys just get the ball and the defense goes “holy hell how am I going to stop this guy”, Those are the guys we lack.

Yes!!!
More Anabolic, please.
Finally.

Reactions: BZN
Massive game for us round 1. You'd think the Raiders is one of the easier teams this year...don't snag a win here, could be a while before we get our first...

Reactions: BZN
1. Bula
2. Lobb
3. Naden
4. Olam/Faatappe
5. Tupou
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klem
11. I Pap
12. Sa Fainu
13. Bateman
14. Galvin
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Seyfarth

We need 3-4 aggressive, powerful forwards; they would replace Twal, Seyfarths and Kapoa.
With a good go forward and consistent 50+ meters per posetion it is much easier for everybody.

Reactions: 851
Don't want to be Debbie Downer but there is no way Galvin should be considered for first grade until he has played at least 15 KOE games. He was okay against a piss poor Dragons side but didn't score 5 tries or kick 7 goals. He is skinny and will be broken beyond repair if he is thrown in week after week in first grade.

Don't want to be Debbie Downer but there is no way Galvin should be considered for first grade until he has played at least 15 KOE games. He was okay against a piss poor Dragons side but didn't score 5 tries or kick 7 goals. He is skinny and will be broken beyond repair if he is thrown in week after week in first grade.
Tend to agree….just hope Galvin doesn’t do a Doooheee and make certain demands as to where he should be playing

1. Shawn Michaels
2. Jeff Hardy
3. Edge
4. Randy Orton
5. Rey Mysterio
6. Bret Hart
7. Ric Flair
8. The Undertaker
9. Chris Benoit
10. Kane
11. Brock Lesnar
12. The Ultimate Warrior
13. Triple H

14. Stone Cold Steve Austin
15. Andre the Giant
16. The Big Show
17. The Rock

Lacking a bit of height on the sting ,but they might make up for it in speed.

1. Shawn Michaels
2. Jeff Hardy
3. Edge
4. Randy Orton
5. Rey Mysterio
6. Bret Hart
7. Ric Flair
8. The Undertaker
9. Chris Benoit
10. Kane
11. Brock Lesnar
12. The Ultimate Warrior
13. Triple H

14. Stone Cold Steve Austin
15. Andre the Giant
16. The Big Show
17. The Rock

Lacking a bit of height on the sting ,but they might make up for it in speed.
Can’t believe you left Razor Ramone out !

Members online

Back