Season Best Players

tiger05

Imo 2 players have really stepped up this year - Ellis & Marshall. Imo they now need to be considered as good as Farah.

What does everyone think ?

@tiger05 said:
Imo 2 players have really stepped up this year - Ellis & Marshall. Imo they now need to be considered as good as Farah.

What does everyone think ?

Agree Big time.

ellis - YES
marshall - when hes not overplaying, just has to tune down.

props to payten again, last few games has really been back to his best form! even smart enough to through the deep pass to (marshall?) to set up a try?

I would not say Marshall has stepped up this 'year'. The last month he has been good but for most of the season he has been very patchy. His biggest issue is consistency and I am still waiting for him to prove that he can play well 95% of the time.

Benji had his best game of the season (ie didn't try to overdo it).
But the player I'm most impreesed with was Ayshford.
He is the goods. If he stays fit we won't see Collis in a Tigers jumper again.

I think Tim Moltzen is also developing into a fine player and has had a top year

@innsaneink said:
I think Nella has stepped up

yeah i agree …. he has gone from a guy nearly resigned to the back row ,,,to a player who is a rock at the back and a try scoring machine ...

Ellis and Marshall are both real key players. Tuiaki is now in that 2nd group behind them while Moltzen has improved as the season has gone on.

Gibbs…I hope Ellis steps up a gear next year,,,it is his first NRL season....when is the bloke going to score....

come to think of it…if we had an ounce of luck in 3 or 4 games and on the injury front with Galloway we'd be sitting very pretty in the top 4!!!...rather than trying to sneak into the 8! :frowning:

for mine the standout this season has been **tim moltzen**. did well at full back and is now establishing himself as a real linchpin in the side.
marshall has played well a few times this season, most notably against the roosters earlier, and it is great to see him finally toning it down and being more of a team oriented player. as others say, he needs to be consistent now, and only time will tell that one.
im a big fan of ellis. he just goes hard for 80 minutes each week. it is promising to see gallant backing him up and its only a matter of time until he gets onto an offload.

while not the BEST players, i have also been very happy with ayshford and gallant. thankfully, gibbs has improved dramatically this season. i had all but given up on him…

@turnstyle said:
for mine the standout this season has been **tim moltzen**. did well at full back and is now establishing himself as a real linchpin in the side.
marshall has played well a few times this season, most notably against the roosters earlier, and it is great to see him finally toning it down and being more of a team oriented player. as others say, he needs to be consistent now, and only time will tell that one.
im a big fan of ellis. he just goes hard for 80 minutes each week. it is promising to see gallant backing him up and its only a matter of time until he gets onto an offload.

while not the BEST players, i have also been very happy with ayshford and gallant. thankfully, gibbs has improved dramatically this season. i had all but given up on him…

Some good calls on that. Moltzen has been a big improver this year, Tuiaki has returned with a vengeance, Ayshford is improving each week, Gibbs has stepped up this season and Ellis has been strong pretty much every week. Benji has calmed down on the field and is controlling himself a lot better while Farah has been anywhere from good to excellent each week. Gallant's second stint in FG this season has also been good.

Quite a few of the guys have stepped up (Gibbs, Tuiaki, Ellis, Galloway, Moltzen, Gallant, Ayshford has also been impressive for a cpl fo weeks now) while a few have been quiet (Rhino, Payten, Collis). But I don't think any of them have the same bearing Farrah can have on a game. Put it this way if Farrah is out our chances drop dramatically.

@MGB said:
Quite a few of the guys have stepped up (Gibbs, Tuiaki, Ellis, Galloway, Moltzen, Gallant, Ayshford has also been impressive for a cpl fo weeks now) while a few have been quiet (Rhino, Payten, Collis). But I don't think any of them have the same bearing Farrah can have on a game. Put it this way if Farrah is out our chances drop dramatically.

I don't see that this year - Benji has been our best attacking player despite copping it for any inconsistent performances. His defence has improved as well.

Ellis doesn't have the same impact as Benji but geez he is a good player - maybe not as good as Watmough but he is quality.

Let's say we win the premiership who would get selected for Australia?

IMO, Moltzen would get a call-up if that happened and maybe Lawrence or Galloway.

Marshall & Ellis were again imo the best on the park for us.

Its getting to the stage they are up their with the best players in the game in their positions.

Back