Season defining match?

citizen_cub

I know it's still relatively early to make calls like this, but if we can't beat a hapless dog's side who seemed to have lost to every team they've played this year, are we not the real deal in 2010?

I've said this a couple of times this year, and they've come out with goods 3/3 occasions and won.

We've played two pretty ordinary teams over the last couple of weeks. 2 consecutive wins need to be extended to 3,4 possibly 5 wins and then you've found some basis of consistency.

i think the game in 4 weeks time against the dragons will be the game defining game.. of course what happens now between then will play some part. but if we win the next 3 in the row.. were good chances of going deep come september

The dogs on paper have a very solid team and on their day can touch any team up. It is very important to win this game before the bye.

How is it..?

We have already had it….Souff's at the SCG...

That game and what comes after has defined our season...

It should be in the video session every week...

@Geo. said:
How is it..?

yup i agree…. thought

we are only 4 points behind dragons.... if we beat bulldogs

... then next week bye... then week after beat raiders at leichardt

:astonished: who knows where we could be ?? top 4 ?? top 3 even !?! :pray:

@Geo. said:
How is it..?

Yep.

Everything we do from this point on in the year should be drawn from the feeling every player had after that game.

They should put up all the articles written in the newspapers etc up in the dressing rooms about the unrest in the team, after that souths game, that should really pump them up… i noe it would do that to me!! Season defining, perhaps, but i reckon we need to win this game, to show the comp were in it to win it, no pretender crap anymore!

I think it's a danger game, on form the Tigers should win, however the Bulldogs on their day can trouble any side and they have already rolled the Tigers once this season, although the Tigers could not have caught a cold that night. As long as the Tigers hold the ball, and do the simple things right, I think their attack will prove too much for the Dogs to handle.

The real season defining game is always the next one.

There is only one Season defining match this year and its in October…
I'm not interested in Winning streaks any more. It's the losing streaks that always seem to kill us.

Round 21 to 26 are usually the rounds which count the most. Top 8 positioning and momentum leading into the Finals normally determines each clubs season.

Even though the Sharks can still make the 8, they are probably the only team I feel who wont. 14 teams are still in this comp, so getting back to basics and doing the simple things right are the biggest test for any team.

Tigers will be there, I'm just glad I got them at $14 instead of the under $10's which will be floating around after this weekend…

Our critical match is usually the penultimate home and away match and we are yet to win one..

We have to beat the Dogs, we have a run of Dragons/Broncos/Titans coming up so we need to not lose to The Dogs or Raiders.

I expected the Dogs to beat the Storm last week without their origin stars …... they never looked like it.
Augurs well for us.

This win is important because it will get us back to where we were before the 4 losses! We win this one, get another 2 pts from the bye, Canberra at LO should be a win and then we play a Bronco's side during the origin period… Realistically thats 8pts we should secure and get us in a strong position for the run home.

Round 20 against Manly is the season defining match. If we beat them, we have beaten them both home and away this season. If we can do that, successful season in my eyes, regardless of where we finish.

@Kaiser said:
This win is important because it will get us back to where we were before the 4 losses! We win this one, get another 2 pts from the bye, Canberra at LO should be a win and then we play a Bronco's side during the origin period… Realistically thats 8pts we should secure and get us in a strong position for the run home.

Thats how I see it.

This really sets us up for a top soomewhere finish.

Pumped!!!!!!!

if you are to be finals at end of season.
then you should beat the teams that are placed lower than you on the ladder.
a win on fri night is one step closer to a finals berth.

@westTAHger said:
if you are to be finals at end of season.
then you should beat the teams that are placed lower than you on the ladder.
a win on fri night is one step closer to a finals berth.

100% mate.06 07 08 09 we generally drop this game. A win here is massive.

I think that that was a big win.

We basically played controlled footy and it was the right thing to do.

Back