Sheens...I am lost for words.

cnx_tigers

We were clearly short of front rowers tonight…no balance on the bench at all with Halatau AND Morris there.

No sense at all.

Why...why...why...does Tim continually make boneheaded mistakes like this.

We play beautiful footy at times and there's a stream of good kids coming through...........but how does one man, a four time premiership winner no less, make so many dumb decisions.

The make up of the bench this year + Halatau's continual selection when fit and total lack of contribution + the INEXCUSABLE decision to play John Morris in the halves for 3/4 of the season has 100% cost us our season. Again.

At times he looks like a genius coach...but at other times, he looks like a complete moron. No logic at all.

I just don't get it anymore. How can someone who does so many good things make so many idiotic decisions.

Pathetic decision to play Halatau AND Morris instead of another prop.

Time and time again this costs us…and to think both Skandalis and Galloway were not 100%. :brick:

How hard is it to replace a PROP with another PROP!??

Skando was obviously 90% not ready why would you risk it when you could of replaced him with Laurie …Any way over it regarding this coach the most disappointing aspect is he is the coach for 2010 and with no purchases of any Props.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Pathetic decision to play Halatau AND Morris instead of another prop.

Time and time again this costs us…and to think both Skandalis and Galloway were not 100%. :brick:

How hard is it to replace a PROP with another PROP!??

Hybrid his plan was to run em ragged and let the little men take over…..dumb plan

Skando going down didn't help.....We needed more minues from him

Do you think we would have won the game with another Prop.....probably not......but it would not have hurt....

They put in that's for sure....

It just doesn't make sense….i mean, it doesn't make sense AT ALL.

Two props injured...we lose our only fit prop to suspension, so we bring in a ultility WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE ONE ON THE BENCH who plays the EXACT same positions????

We start well and get run down and lose momentum when Galloway comes off...

I just don't get it.

I don't know if we have a genius coaching us, a mad genius, a bi-polar guy who has multiple moods, or Sheens has a twin brother somehwere and one is a great coach / one can't coach at all.

Because i've never seen such an experienced coach make so many dumb decisions...over and over and over again.

Halatu off the bench / going small...has been tried time and again and failed.

Yet he did it AGAIN.

And, worse, I am sure that if Dene wasn't injured 6 weeks ago Sheens would have never made the changes anyway...he'd have gone with Halatau and Morris and we'd have failed a few weeks earlier. No sense. None.

@Geo. said:
Hybrid his plan was to run em ragged and let the little men take over…..dumb plan

But, if that was his plan, Morris was hardly used at all. So, there couldn't have been a plan.

And that game plan has failed continually since 2005.

It's only been since Halatau's injury that we went away from a non balanced bench.

The moment Dene is fit again, Sheens runs again with the same lack of balance…and, guess what? We got overun. Again.

@cnx_tigers said:
Why…why...why...does Tim continually make boneheaded mistakes like this.

because he is arrogant, egotistical and out of touch. Unfortuately he also seems to have the club by the short and curly's.

He however just thinks he is a few years ahead of his time and dogged by bad luck

@cnx_tigers said:
@Geo. said:

But, if that was his plan, Morris was hardly used at all. So, there couldn't have been a plan.

And that game plan has failed continually since 2005.

It's only been since Halatau's injury that we went away from a non balanced bench.

The moment Dene is fit again, Sheens runs again with the same lack of balance…and, guess what? We got overun. Again.

I said it was dumb….plus we only shut Prince down in patches.....the Titans did a Wests Tigers on the Wests Tigers.....

I think the boys heads went of a little bit too....when it became a race for points....but hay thats footy....

Sheens is not soley responsible for the loss....

One thing i hate about Tim Sheens' selections over the years is that he doesnt seem to take team balance into account. The perfect example of this is how so many times he's replaced a forward whos injured with a back, or a front rower with a lock or hooker etc. I think u should pick your best 13, then have a look at who in that 13 can cover what positions if any injuries, then fill the bench with 2 front rowers, 1 back rower and the 4th spot depends on what scope u have with the other 16 players to cover injuries. How u can have both Morris and Halatau on the bench and claim u have a good balance set deadest laughable.

Morris has been excellent off the bench.

There was 1000000000000% no reason…..........none............zero.........for Dene to also be on the bench.

Morris can cover hooker, lock, center.

Ummmm...so can Dene. Only 100 times less effectively.

No need at all.

And then Morris gets less game time as a result + no prop cover + we weakened and lost all momentum when Big Red went off.

:brick: :brick: :brick:

I'm with Geo's assessment.

And Morris was used exactly how he should have been.

The most disappointing thing about last night is that the boys have been playing so well in recent weeks and with the team he went with last night he gave them no chance at all. When I saw who was on the bench I kind of had a feeling that they werent going to be strong enough. So all the effort they have put in the last 7 weeks is all in vain now. And it looks like every other year at this time. I thought the boys tried their best even though they who made some crazy decisions at crucial times I think they will be as shattered as much as all of us. But they could only play with who they had. Who knows what goes on in Sheens mind but he has just butchered another year its a shame he is there next year they certainly need someone new and fresh. Can't believe another year without finals. Go the Tigers in 2010 dont want to get too confident sick of getting disappointed time after time.

Be prepared to go into games in 2010 with only 2 props in the entire 17\. The Fonz is a goose of the highest order. He can not admit he is wrong. We had no go forward again, and in 2010 we will have no go forward again.

I know we have been hit by injuries the last 3 games but…why:

1) Move Moltzen from halfback after we won 5 or 6 in a row with him there...
2) Surely we could've brought in another fullback to cover for Gallant's injury.
3) Where were our big bopper stocks this week?...Surely we had a spare prop from 3 sides(NYC, 2x State Cup) we could've chosen to fill the void!!!

Some questionable selection decisions by th coaching staff....not to mention why Morris played in the halves for the last 2.5 years!!!..

Why oh Why oh Why!

@Balmain Bug said:
Be prepared to go into games in 2010 with only 2 props in the entire 17\. The Fonz is a goose of the highest order. He can not admit he is wrong. We had no go forward again, and in 2010 we will have no go forward again.

Bug dont let the truth get in the way mate…If your referring to last nights game we had 3 less sets and made 100m less than the Titans...

Go forward wasn't the problem last night....

I think Sheens blew it big time this year with his selections, I know you can't blame him 100% of time as the players need to share some of the blame but anybody can see that if you have a prop out you replace him with another prop.. Although maybe not selecting another prop is sheens round about way of saying the club has stuffed up badly as far as recruiting decent props or maybe it's just the fact he very set in his ways..

@Geo. said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Bug dont let the truth get in the way mate…If your referring to last nights game we had 3 less sets and made 100m less than the Titans...

Go forward wasn't the problem last night....

Impact was. They controlled the ruck and had quicker play the balls. This occured because they were more powerful in the forwards.

There was emphatic loss of momentum once the first interchange was made, then we lost Skando, lack of go forward one of many factors…it the reason we go around teams- we have to.

Back