Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You are missing or deliberately avoiding one of the main issues that i raised,it is not just the fact he is 71 it is the fact he has not coached in the NRL for a DECADE.
No club wanted Sheens when we sacked him as a coach and after he coached in the UK and was sacked there on 2 occasions nobody wanted him there either.
For the record since you asked i am 69 years of age and have followed football since unlimited tackle back in the dragon's era of 11 consecutive premierships what about you?
He was the Australian coach from
2009 to 2015.

Then he managed Salford Red Devils, ( not coach )
then he coached two clubs Hull then vikings, sacked from Hull, because team to low on table, and quit vikings because no support in trying to improve player roster.

And now we find him back at Tiggers,
As a Club Admin Manager.
And through circumstances he has
no control over,
He becomes a Coach Tutor for two years.

Then Benji will take over at the wheel.

AND BY THE WAY,
TIM IS RECOGNISED AS THE SECOND BEST COACH BEHIND ONLY
WAYNE BENNETT,

HE HAS, AS A COACH TAKEN OUT 4 PREMIERSHIPS IN AUSTRALIA.

ONLY COACH TO ATTAIN 600 PLUS GAMES IN AUSTRALIA,

WON COACH OF THE YEAR AWARDS IN THE YEARS OF 1984 1990 2005.

COULD NOT FIND A BETTER QUALIFIED COACH TO LOOK AFTER OUR TEAM AND TRAIN BENJI.

AND YOU MADE A STATEMENT,
NO OTHER CLUB IN ENGLAND WANTED HIM, WHAT A STUPID STATEMENT,
WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS OUT FROM ???

We should be greatfull the man has agreed to help our club out in its time of need When we could not find anyone to do the job, he offered to step in and help out, people should be thanking him for trying to help solve the problem.

AND BY THE WAY I AM 76, USED TO GO TO BIRCHGROVE OVAL. LONG LONG TIME AGO.

2009 to 2015.

then he coached two clubs Hull then vikings, sacked from Hull, because team to low on table, and quit vikings because no support in trying to improve player roster.

As a Club Admin Manager.
no control over,

AND BY THE WAY,
WAYNE BENNETT,

We should be greatfull the man has agreed to help our club out in its time of need When we could not find anyone to do the job, he offered to step in and help out, people should be thanking him for trying to help solve the problem.

I get both sides of the argument. But no experienced coach wanted to coach us. Rookie coaches are knocking us back. That's the position 10 years of bad decisions get you. What we are doing now is what we should of done from 2013 or we should of signed a experienced coach to replace Sheens back then. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm sure you'll come around when we line up Woods, Fifita and Taupau.
Fifita's knee seems to be ok now 🤔 I know he wears a guard but the knee doesn't seem to be bothering him that much. He's playing reasonable minutes.
He would be better than James T wouldn't he?

2009 to 2015.

As a Club Admin Manager.
no control over,

AND BY THE WAY,
WAYNE BENNETT,

Watch the BP Dennis 😻

Api is the right type of signing. Happy to lead the team and can still play NRL at a good level. The team and the young blokes need that sort of example.

We don't need Woods or Fifita or Tamou - they're done. Employ them as trainers or coaches if they set training standards so well. We need players who can actually impact an NRL game still.

We don't need the ace up the sleeve players like Peachey. They're a luxury good teams can afford (but usually avoid). You'd be better off with toilers like Ray Stone or Seyfarth, albeit not in significant roles.

Outside of that you want the senior and junior blokes who have a passion for their team, not just money, and the club needs to support them. Guys like Twal. In this sense they should keep Brooks. When the going gets tough these guys will still turn up and support the club. Nofa said he cared but realistically the $$ say otherwise.

Maybe none of it matters. The people making the recruitment and coaching decisions have been so abysmal that it is out of anyone's control.

Which one?

If Hastings leaves and we are looking for a ballplaying lock, then Bayley would be an option. Mobile former 5/8 and decently tough. I could see him playing an Elijah Taylor type role. That's if they are certain in needing that type of ballplayer at 13.

One in England

What I got from todays interview was that we can close this thread until Nov as they plan on trying to get a few players then. That would be for 2024 and maybe get an early release.

JP did say they are working on some more re-signing so fingers crossed Hastings is the main focus then AD / Joe O

Guler, Palasia, Leniu, Patolo, E. Butcher, Loiero
All free to negotiate Nov 1. All underutilized at their club. All would start at our club.
I believe the first 4 would be quite attainable, less so the last two.
I thought patolo was in our lower grade system, or is that his younger brother, I’m thinking of ?

Back