Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just can’t work out why the hell we have trouble getting talent , give me the two million odd we have in cap space and I would pick up the best fringe players who can’t make 1st grade , could sign them for a medium fee than if they preform they get a upgrade , I think we make things harder than they really are .

Just can’t work out why the hell we have trouble getting talent , give me the two million odd we have in cap space and I would pick up the best fringe players who can’t make 1st grade , could sign them for a medium fee than if they preform they get a upgrade , I think we make things harder than they really are .
I'd say it's because we have to offload/release (payout) players first who are on contract (Peachey, Gildart, Liddle, Simpkins) as we already have Paps, Api, Pole, Rua, Fainu coming into the top 30.

If Gus knows that 4 to 5 players would walk by sacking Madge , I want Gus to know that he’s having the same problems, as BMack has privately mentioned before.
Gus should also know money talks and BS walks.
WT have identified JK as a player to watch. Get the coins out.

Thanks Gus 100%BS on 9

Since Tim ,Benji ,Robbie have little to say on recruitment the suggestions and rumours category is all we have
If I had to pick our absolute best 17 for next year mine would be
1.Laurie
2.Nofoaloma
3.Talau/ (new signing)
4.Naden
5. Maumalo/ Toa if Kenny not fit
6.Douehi
7.Madden
8.Musgrove
9.Korisau
10.(new signing)
11.Papalii
12.Utoikimano
13.Offengauhe

14.Nu Brown
15.Pole
16.Matamua
17. ( our best from junior development)

The major omissions are Brooks (just my opinion) and Tamou as I think can do better than his 35 mins a game
Hastings not there as think his rehab will run past season opening but of course he would be there if fit . Talau fitness also an unknown
We need to recruit a top class center and big forward at minimum

1. I would still be talking to Angus' manager. He is still "free".
2. I'd also be in Tapine's ear, but he's signed there for a while longer - he may start to decline by the time we can get him across though.
3. Look at the Manly 7 - they may not want to don the rainbows again next year. Any of them worth looking at?

1. I would still be talking to Angus' manager. He is still "free".
2. I'd also be in Tapine's ear, but he's signed there for a while longer - he may start to decline by the time we can get him across though.
3. Look at the Manly 7 - they may not want to don the rainbows again next year. Any of them worth looking at?
Yes yes Tapine and from Manly Koula or Ramien from sharks Thats what we need 2 premium buys and our 2 existing recruits sticking to their signed contracts

The sad thing is none of our halves are remotely complete players. So we need to have 3 halves on the field to do the job that one player does for the better teams.
Hastings is our current general until we can find someone better

Since Tim ,Benji ,Robbie have little to say on recruitment the suggestions and rumours category is all we have
If I had to pick our absolute best 17 for next year mine would be
1.Laurie
2.Nofoaloma
3.Talau/ (new signing)
4.Naden
5. Maumalo/ Toa if Kenny not fit
6.Douehi
7.Madden
8.Musgrove
9.Korisau
10.(new signing)
11.Papalii
12.Utoikimano
13.Offengauhe

14.Nu Brown
15.Pole
16.Matamua
17. ( our best from junior development)

The major omissions are Brooks (just my opinion) and Tamou as I think can do better than his 35 mins a game
Hastings not there as think his rehab will run past season opening but of course he would be there if fit . Talau fitness also an unknown
We need to recruit a top class center and big forward at minimum

I would have AJ ahead of Talau in the Centres.

I note you have no room in top 17 for Twal or Blore. Don't rate them.

I don't think Utoikimano is a Second Rower. Rather him in prop rotation from the bench.

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce that Asu Kepaoa has extended his contract with the club.

The 22-year-old centre was off contract at the end of next season but will now be with the club until at least the end of the 2024 season.

Kepaoa made his NRL debut with Wests Tigers in 2020 but missed the majority of his second season at the club after suffering an ACL injury in April 2021. He then tore a pectoral muscle in pre-season training this year, before making his long-awaited return in Round 8.

Kepaoa says he wants to repay the club after it supported him through a tough period.

“I’ve overcome adversity these past couple of years but to finally be playing consistent footy reflects the journey I’ve been on.”

All I want to do now is give back to the club. Wests Tigers have shown faith in me and the club has done so much for me and my family.”

"There’s still a long way to go for me in my development as a player. I’m learning every day and I wouldn’t want to do it in any other colours."

“I think the club and the team is in a great position to build over the next few years.”

Wests Tigers CEO, Justin Pascoe says Kepaoa has shown great character over the past couple of years.

“It’s wonderful to see AJ back to full fitness and playing some good football. He’s had a rough patch with injury and this contract extension rewards a lot of hard work and self-belief.”

Wests Tigers are on the road this weekend hosting Cronulla Sharks at Scully Park, Tamworth on Saturday.

I'm liking the signing length to end of '24 for both To'a and Kepaoa. It is fair, as they have shown potential, but not yet fully established. Got a bit more security and a chance to show Benji they can be a part of his plans long term. If they don't step up, Benji has the chance to look elsewhere.

Members online

Back