Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Don't understand how people are not showing some sort of concern about Luai's shoulder.

It would be just so Wests Tigers to actually land the guy only to end up in a Douiehi like situation.
I’m concerned. He should not have been playing at the end of the season as he was clearly unfit and in agony.
His shoulder injury seemed very serious.

I’m concerned. He should not have been playing at the end of the season as he was clearly unfit and in agony.
His shoulder injury seemed very serious.

He dislocated in rd 26, most people wouldn’t play the pain would’ve been a struggle even a few weeks later. He had recon on the shoulder right after the GF so the shoulder should actually be stronger come start of the season.

It’s another reason why we shouldn’t rush him across to join us as he can’t train pre season anyway. Let him rehab at the panthers and get it fit without the added pressure of a team that is desperately chasing some wins.

I think that's different. She probably didn't
make a statement TT, prosecution couldn't
prove it. Not sure of the case but that's
what it sounds like anyway. A lot of woman
are reliant on their men, especially when
they make a lot of money, so they allow it
Domestic Violence is a stack more complicated then that.

I know guys who bash their girls blue, and would do worse.
I know girls who have lied on DV applications and scratched their own arms.
I know couples who break up over loud words and couples who break teeth.

Men reliant on Women, Women reliant on Men. Many people reliant on drugs (seriously avoid that pain).

It's complicated.

Men reliant on Women, Women reliant on Men. Many people reliant on drugs (seriously avoid that pain).

It's complicated.
You know a lot of questionable characters

It's complicated.

Good post I agree. Wasn't trying to simplify
the matter. You're spot on CC. It's tragic...

Last edited:
I'm speculating purely on common sense here & how the politics of rugby league management works. This is what I think Benji & Fulton are quietly baking ...

Luai (coming for '25)
AFB (coming for '25)
Haumole (coming for '26, will push for a trade to get him for '25)

Klemmer (will try to find a club to take contract for '25 onwards)
Bateman (will try to find a club to take contract for '25 onwards)

Klemmer & Bateman are both Isaac Moses clients so it continues that cleanout.

The core of the undefeated Wests Magpies Harold Matts team from last year will try to be retained to build that pathways camaredie within the top 30 (similar model to Penrith) ... Da Silva, Galvin, Miller, Kit Laulilii, Luke Laulilii, Mason, Solo Saukuru, Will Craig.

Then will try to do the same with the key players in the age group below (Large brothers, Makasini, Isdale etc).
It's will be a miracle if we land either one of Luai or AFB.
I like Luai as a player, yet I go "how do you fit into the team"?
We have Fainu/Sullivan who will want to be the halves pairing. Ok we upgrade one, fine.
Then we have Galvin who is going to be looking at first grade halfback...

Our player evolution is STUFFED!

It's will be a miracle if we land either one of Luai or AFB.
I like Luai as a player, yet I go "how do you fit into the team"?
We have Fainu/Sullivan who will want to be the halves pairing. Ok we upgrade one, fine.
Then we have Galvin who is going to be looking at first grade halfback...

Our player evolution is STUFFED!
Galvin is 18 and hasn't even played State Cup. He's miles off a first grade spot at any club.

He'll be 22 or 23 once Luai's contract is done.

A couple of years in reserves and a couple of years with time off the bench and he's been eased in IF he's good enough.

Plenty of 18 year olds never transition to NRL.

Galvin is 18 and hasn't even played State Cup. He's miles off a first grade spot at any club.

A couple of years in reserves and a couple of years with time off the bench and he's been eased in IF he's good enough.

This. Also, a lot of kids who play half in the younger years, also play in different spots on the field when entering 1st grade.

The thing about Galvin is he's turned out to be a really tall kid. Which can impact agility.

Instead of half, he may be an elite 2nd rower or lock.

This. Also, a lot of kids who play half in the younger years, also play in different spots on the field when entering 1st grade.

The thing about Galvin is he's turned out to be a really tall kid. Which can impact agility.

Instead of half, he may be an elite 2nd rower or lock.
If he doesn’t know what position he is, I suspect he’s a lot further off FG than some might think.

Truth bomb.

I am slightly impressed with the positivity on here given our disasterous past dozen years.
We have scored two spoons in a row and were very lucky not to get a third spoon in 2015.
Easily the worst performing team in the comp and a general joke amongst the Rugby League community.
That said, we apparently have a stable of young guns coming through.
My hope is that they are afforded the opportunity by the club and its fanbase to develop correctly and debut WHEN THEY ARE READY.
We have thrown a couple in over the past 2 years before their time and they were not good.
People need to back off and leave them alone. Forget about them for the next couple of seasons (first grade- wise) and bring in external hire (contractors) to get us climbing the ladder so that when they do become regulars, they are stepping into a team that isnt getting flogged every other week.
Their time will come, but its not here yet.

You can forget about Curtis Scott ....it's being reported that the NRL is denying him a contract .....no great loss

Members online

Back