Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

he has already played for his country Tonga, those other players have not. He won't sit around in the halves for long if he doesn't get a run
Teaupa has played more games for Tonga than Fainu has. The others unsurprisingly have not represented Australia.

perhaps try latu
my point was both latu and Galvin are high quality and nrl first graders in the halves moving forward
Both will not be playing 6, both are too good for bench or reserves, one will leave if not getting game time
historically we pick the wrong one as a club
my money is on Galvin long term
Galvin is a good 5/8, not a great one. Maybe he becomes a sensation at lock and spends years in rep sides there ala Murray, Yeo etc.
Maybe Latu is a born 5/8 who ignites the comp.
If Latu works out, our team becomes stronger. I wouldn’t be trading him for some time yet.

no info and merely a suggestion, but surely Jack Howarth’s had a gutful sitting behind Blore, Katoa, Chan and MacDonald at Melbourne. he’d walk backwards onto our right edge next year if Bateman was to leave in addition to Papali’i.
Good suggestion. I think Storm are doing a Harry Grant with him, giving him plenty of time in reserves & then excel when in top 17. Don't think Storm would release him anyway (unless for cap reasons).

Galvin is a good 5/8, not a great one. Maybe he becomes a sensation at lock and spends years in rep sides there ala Murray, Yeo etc.
Maybe Latu is a born 5/8 who ignites the comp.
If Latu works out, our team becomes stronger. I wouldn’t be trading him for some time yet.
I know Wolff is a big fan of his as his national coach too so Dolphins will be sniffing around Tartak. Latu & Katoa halves combo would be dynamic, let's hope that doesn't happen.

I really hope at one point this season Benjj goes guns blazing with a halves combination of Galvin at 6 and Latu at 7 for a full 80.

People judging a kid making his debut as a halfback coming off the bench for 20 min stints at dummy half and then expect to see a superstar. It’s just not reality.

I’m surprised Benji hasn’t given him mins at 7 and I know Bud despite the losses has actually shown some promise. I still believe we gotta at least see what that duo would look like before Luai comes.

Latu is special and when given the chance to properly showcase himself in his natural position for a full game will it be known.

Last edited:
I really hope at one point this season Benjj goes guns blazing with a halves combination of Galvin at 6 and Latu at 7 for a full 80.

People judging a kid making his debut as a halfback coming off the bench for 20 min stints at dummy half and then expect to see a superstar. It’s just not reality.

I’m surprised Benji hasn’t given him mins at 7 and I know Bud despite the losses has actually shown some promise. I still believe we gotta at least see what that duo would look like before Luai comes.

Latu is special and when given the chance to properly showcase himself in his natural position for a full game will it be known.
Yep we can't judge Latu until his hamstring is back to 100% & he has confidence in it. Everything so far has just been about getting experience it seems. I hope Benji & Moussa invest in the time to get it right for the long-term.

no info and merely a suggestion, but surely Jack Howarth’s had a gutful sitting behind Blore, Katoa, Chan and MacDonald at Melbourne. he’d walk backwards onto our right edge next year if Bateman was to leave in addition to Papali’i.
Howarth would have to be the best prospect in the game...

He's wrapped up at the storm long term.
Would take him in a heart beat though.
He looks a super talent.

Back