Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’m actually gonna back the 360 bunch for once lol. They’re not wrong in that when you’ve lost 8 games in a row and already had questions about how much work a coach is putting in that going on holiday seems questionable, on the flip if we were doing better it’s a non question.

The Stefano one could be or could not be true but I’m not gonna say it isn’t, I think Stefano has been pushed and challenged quite a bit this year by Benji and I don’t think he is up for it. He seemingly only wants to do the tough stuff when he wants, not when it’s needed. I think in his mind if he is gonna do the tough stuff he wants a reassurance that it’s gonna be repaid. No point bashing his body if his team is gonna let him down. At least at Penrith if he does it it’s gonna be paid with a win. But I’m jus assuming here.

Apparently both Junior Nsemba (Wigan) & Matty Nicholson (Warrington) had big games in the Super League on the weekend. Maybe because Richo was watching!!! Any regular SL watchers wish to compare the two?
Nicholson's a good buy for Canberra.
Nsemba isn't the type of player we need. He's a lot like Garner. He'll run a good line once or twice a match but does bugger all otherwise. Defensively he's a grabber. Think David Klemmer in defence.

Steve's son is Tane, yes
Thanks for that.

Do you think he has given Rugby Union away in favour of League permanently or do you think he is just testing the water to see if he can make the transition successfully?

When I saw the mention of a player by the name of Edmed I thought it must have been another younger son or relative.

Cmon, how petty and shallow a comment is that, questioning whether or not he's got the work ethic to improve performances just because he's taking a break.

The bloke signed on as Head Coach of the wooden spooners, could have sat back doing his cushy media job, and then you question that he is somehow uncaring or uncommitted to turning things around.
All that is probably true, but the optics aren’t good when you do something like that. He had to know people would be into him

Do you really think Richo would go yeah have a weekend off if it wasn’t normal?

It’s called a bye for a reason to give players & coaching staff a weekend break.

Bellamy headed to QLD.

Bennett during the bye periods often heads up to his farm.

As a rookie coach Benji should have a break to freshen up. His head will be spinning. Not as though he would be running coaching drills etc anyway over the weekend… the players won’t be turning up….
I didn’t say it wasn’t normal or a planned thing. I said it’s not a good look when we’ve just lost 8 in a row.

It brings more negative attention to the club who we don’t need while we’re trying to recruit players.

Cmon, how petty and shallow a comment is that, questioning whether or not he's got the work ethic to improve performances just because he's taking a break.

The bloke signed on as Head Coach of the wooden spooners, could have sat back doing his cushy media job, and then you question that he is somehow uncaring or uncommitted to turning things around.
That’s a weak response. You didn’t answer my question about Bellamy or any of the other top coaches for that matter.

It doesn’t matter what I think of him, if the media are aware of his Fiji trip and he’s not getting results it doesn’t make him or the club look good.

I’ve made my point.

The game Nsemba just played on the weekend he touched the ball 3 times in the first half. There were 2 soft cock runs and a try where he bumped off a halfback.
You need a pack good enough to do his work and carry him for the flashes of good play he produces. We don't have that.
I hope Richo isn't looking at outside backs over there. I would say the best winger in Super League at the moment is Abbas Miski.

That’s a weak response. You didn’t answer my question about Bellamy or any of the other top coaches for that matter.

It doesn’t matter what I think of him, if the media are aware of his Fiji trip and he’s not getting results it doesn’t make him or the club look good.

I’ve made my point.
Bellamy is holidaying in QLD. Wayne is held up at his farm on bye weeks not at work

A week off is a week off. If anyone thinks a coach's head is not in the game during the season despite the scenery I think they are fooling themselves. This is probably as much about looking out for the coaches family and loved ones who are very much impacted by the demands placed on being married/ partnered to a FG coach.

Thanks for that.

Do you think he has given Rugby Union away in favour of League permanently or do you think he is just testing the water to see if he can make the transition successfully?

When I saw the mention of a player by the name of Edmed I thought it must have been another younger son or relative.
Tane will be in the Wallabies squad for this year - he's still playing rugby (?) for NSW .

Am I a prick for being happy that no Tigers were selected?
I thought that almost immediately when I heard the teams announced...but then realised just as quickly it will probably make no difference to us whatsoever.

Origin is another facet of the game that shows me just how much
I have lost interest and passion for NRL and Origin....I used to get so pumped back in the day when Eastlakes was calling & Gus was doing his preambles.
Tommy albeit briefly, Price Kenny, King Wally, Artie, Close slapping Grothe on the tryline and MG & the King listening intently to David Manson .Still watch pretty much every game but maybe ive just matured

I’ve made my point.
If Benji tries to be Bellamy or Bennett he will surely fail.
Benji has to be Benji.
Ask yourself this, do you think Bellamy or Bennett copied anyone else? They succeed because they are uniquely themselves.
Winners trust their own instincts, value their own opinions, they don't copy.
And who gives a rats how it looks to anyone? That's how losers think.

Nicholson's a good buy for Canberra.
Nsemba isn't the type of player we need. He's a lot like Garner. He'll run a good line once or twice a match but does bugger all otherwise. Defensively he's a grabber. Think David Klemmer in defence.
We thought we had him…

The game Nsemba just played on the weekend he touched the ball 3 times in the first half. There were 2 soft cock runs and a try where he bumped off a halfback.
You need a pack good enough to do his work and carry him for the flashes of good play he produces. We don't have that.
I hope Richo isn't looking at outside backs over there. I would say the best winger in Super League at the moment is Abbas Miski.
Thanks for the intel TP. What about that Wigan prop Tyler Dupree? It seems not much in positions of our need in SL atm - backrow, middle, outside backs.

Latest posts

Back