Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Paps will be at the Tigers in 23. It would be a PR disaster for the club to back down. It also appears that the players union are backing us along with a large chunk of public sentiment.
You could have the positive opinions of all world leaders and it would mean nothing unless you have the conviction of the one person who counts. ATM we don’t seem to have that.

You could have the positive opinions of all world leaders and it would mean nothing unless you have the conviction of the one person who counts. ATM we don’t seem to have that.
He can thinks as he likes, world leaders don’t hold the keys, we do.

He can thinks as he likes, world leaders don’t hold the keys, we do.
You're wrong on this, Papali'i's opinion, conviction, motivation is much more important than yours, mine and anyone's, on the matter of whether or not he will honour this NRL contract.
He had a genuine concern regarding the instability at the club which we dont appear to have adequately addressed.
We should be more focussed on re-signing Adam Douehi or we stand a chance of losing him too.

You're wrong on this, Papali'i's opinion, conviction, motivation is much more important than yours, mine and anyone's, on the matter of whether or not he will honour this NRL contract.
He had a genuine concern regarding the instability at the club which we dont appear to have adequately addressed.
We should be more focussed on re-signing Adam Douehi or we stand a chance of losing him too.
I’m not after excuses, please stop giving them.

I’m not after excuses, please stop giving them.
That's what you, me and everyone else on here are doing mate because none of us know diddly squat.
We can only go on what the media spoon feeds us and their success rate isn't high.
20/40 is right. WT should direct their efforts into what they can control and that is to secure players that we need moving forward and AD is one of them.
There is nothing to say that Sheens isn't working overtime doing this. Just because we've announced minor signings that doesn't mean that they were more important.
Remember some time ago Sheens said it was the club's priority to shore up the likes of AD, nothing has changed.

PK and Riccio try not to be a turd challenge (impossible):

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio and NRL360 co-host Paul Kent said the Tigers could not afford to wait until the end of the season for Papali’i to make a decision.

“They have a salary cap to manage, they can’t sit back and wait for this guy,” Kent said.

“That’s why they the Tigers should move on now, move on and use the money before it’s too late,” Riccio added.

“Don’t wait until November. If they do there will be no market for them,” Kent replied.

Should Tigers heed the message and cut ties with Papali’i, it leaves them with two clear options.

Spend the money now and bring in a player to bolster the side for next season or save it up and make a play for one of the big-name stars off-contract from 2023 who can begin negotiating with rivals from November 1.

Cant believe just how dumb Tamou was .He comes on TV and says up to Papalii if he comes to Wests Tigers as if no contract signed and no consequences .Tigers just need a decision
He signed a contract it does have consequences if he breaches contract
Tamou looked unprepared but it sounded so dumb

Mate we essentially beat 2 teams sitting in the top 4 at the time while we had a huge injury toll if we get our hole squad on the park next year we will be competitive

That is true however we have consistently lost to the rest of the field.Sheens signings for next year have been nonexistant which will not help.The word failure springs to mind and i see us fighting with the dolphins for the spoon

Cant believe just how dumb Tamou was .He comes on TV and says up to Papalii if he comes to Wests Tigers as if no contract signed and no consequences .Tigers just need a decision
He signed a contract it does have consequences if he breaches contract
Tamou looked unprepared but it sounded so dumb
Well... it is up to Papali'i if he wants to turn up...
But if he doesn't turn up he doesn't get paid and he doesn't play rugby league...

It is simple... I don't know why people are making a bigger issue!

Papali'i is either a professional rugby league player and man of his word or he is not either of those and also doesn't have a job.

Kepoa owes us.

An overhauled back line of;

1 Laurie
2 Starford
3 Naden
4 AJ
5 Staines

Definitely has some strike to it.
Defence is questionable but there's points in that...

Warming to the idea,
However I don't think we'll land Staines.
We'll see though.
Why isn't Nofoalama in your backline. Has he left WT?

Reactions: 851
2GB sports show tonight heard Brad fittler say, papalii signed a contract before the season started he should honor it, tigers have allowed 3 2nd rowers to sign elsewhere for next year, honor what you signed or your reputation not good, if the tigers give in to papalii I don't care who else tigers sign, the club hasn't done anything wrong, time to stand up Pascoe for the fukn members and fans, if the official's don't we'll be a joke to any player we sign and easily backflip.
How can the playing team show guts when our Administration, Sheens, Pascoe, Lee etc don't show any?

Lets Jag one of these;
TYSON FRIZELLANGUS CRI....TON
JOHNNY BATEMAN
DAVID KLEMMER swap for Brooks,
LIAM MARTIN,
MARTIN TAUPAU,
VICTOR RADLEY,
JOSEPH TAPINE
JOSH CURRAN
I don't care if they're contracted, just get it done shifty!

Angus Crichton

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets Jag one of these;
TYSON FRIZELL
LIAM MARTIN,
MARTIN TAUPAU,
VICTOR RADLEY,
JOSEPH TAPINE
JOSH CURRAN

Angus Crichton
Rock and Roll all the way to Nov 1

Lets Jag one of these;
TYSON FRIZELL
LIAM MARTIN,
MARTIN TAUPAU,
VICTOR RADLEY,
JOSEPH TAPINE
JOSH CURRAN

Angus Crichton

One? I'd want at least a couple off that list - God knows we have the room for them.

Lets Jag one of these;
TYSON FRIZELL
LIAM MARTIN,
MARTIN TAUPAU,
VICTOR RADLEY,
JOSEPH TAPINE
JOSH CURRAN

Angus Crichton
I just watched the highlights of that UK forward Kai Pearce-Paul - 6ft 5in and 106.5kgs. He steps well and offloads. I guess it is Super League but he is big unit.

Latest posts

Members online

Back