Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If we pay that much money for Staines, I’ll explode…he’s an average footballer at best.

Speed yes, but no size. Useless coming out of our own end.

Hayze Dunster is your man and I’m sure he’d take way less than Shit Staines

If we pay that much money for Staines, I’ll explode…he’s an average footballer at best.

Speed yes, but no size. Useless coming out of our own end.

Hayze Dunster is your man and I’m sure he’d take way less than Shit Staines
With our lack of go forward Staines will be used to run backwards and around them like in U7’s. He will also continue the tradition of not being able to run through a paper banner.

Thanks @THE_POM for the updates as normal.

Fingers crossed Hastings is done ASAP as I believe he is the main key to us moving forward.

If Joe is looking for a little more I hope the club just do it as he has been outstanding for us on and off the field. We cannot afford to lose him for a little extra and expect to just get a good replacement for less money..

I assume we have already started talking to Brown to at least let him know we are interested.

Jason Batman: Discussions have been had but the transfer fee has all but killed this from happening, unless it drops a fair bit it won't be happening.

I'll take Batman, Jason Bateman or John Bateman!
Batman would be great as our utllity off the bench with that belt he has.

Would definitely be better value than Inspector Gadget.

Dylan Brown and Liam Martin are not as unlikely as some are making it out.

Liam Martin will probably win another premiership this year... having the opportunity to now chase the money and go to a rebuilding club and playing an important role there could be appealing. Penrith will want to subside there money for To'a, Crichton and Spencer as well... along with Yeo, Edwards and Luai the following season. All of this after wrapping up Cleary on around $1.3 million recently. I'd throw 700-750k at him over 3 years for sure, struggle to see Penrith matching that with all the forwards they have coming up as well.

Dylan Brown will go to the highest bidder (inside mail close to Dylan), don't see him leaving Western Sydney though as he is very settled but $ is important for him. The prospect of being coached by his childhood hero in Benji will be massive for us, especially with the new facilities and being the key to our attack and hands more on the football compared to what he would do next to Moses. If we can offer a longer and more $ deal I think we're a good chance... the Brown/Benji relationship could be a lot bigger than people are making it out to be. Believe Dylan was on Benji's show twice this year as well.... let's not forget Moses will be soaking every cent he can out of Parra which may affect how much they can throw at Dylan.

I reckon that idea has merit 👍🏻
Yep
The Dolphins will be Phu#$en worse than us in 2023
i notice from the foundation offer they are going to have 3 home grounds, we’re behind the times LO and CS not enough.
Now what about Drummoyne Oval ( a very old home of the Tigers) or Lidcombe or both ! Now try and park at those grounds !

• Haha
Reactions: TSP
Yep

i notice from the foundation offer they are going to have 3 home grounds, we’re behind the times LO and CS not enough.
Now what about Drummoyne Oval ( a very old home of the Tigers) or Lidcombe or both ! Now try and park at those grounds !
For those with a historical bent Balmain played various home games at Birchgrove Oval 1908-1942,Drummoyne Oval 1932-34 and LO from 1934 - present day. LO went from a round cricket oval to current configuration in 1970s.

For those with a historical bent Balmain played various home games at Birchgrove Oval 1908-1942,Drummoyne Oval 1932-34 and LO from 1934 - present day. LO went from a round cricket oval to current configuration in 1970s.
If you leave a cup of organic lentil and diet watercress tea on the dashboard at Rozelle, the rangers will think you are a local and let you park beyond the 5 minutes they allow us fans for games.

Or hire a Tesla with a Support Biafra sticker on the back.

If you leave a cup of organic lentil and diet watercress tea on the dashboard at Rozelle, the rangers will think you are a local and let you park beyond the 5 minutes they allow us fans for games.

Or hire a Tesla with a Support Biafra sticker on the back.
Don’t forget the Rozelle markets , home of alternative literature and all things vegan !
Or a batik/ cheesecloth dress !
My apologies to alernative literature fans, vegans and batik/ cheesecloth
dress affecianados.
But of course Rozelke is the home of the mighty Sackville and Garry Owen hotels.
Real footy pubs.

Don’t forget the Rozelle markets , home of alternative literature and all things vegan !
Or a batik/ cheesecloth dress !
My apologies to alernative literature fans, vegans and batik/ cheesecloth
dress affecianados.
But of course Rozelke is the home of the mighty Sackville and Garry Owen hotels.
Real footy pubs.
Or used to be.

CREDIT:SIMON LETCH

I

Well I believe that’s wrong, the guys on the field must be held accountable for what they do( or are supposed to do).
We keep a s..load of stats, surely we already have information to use in a positive way.
A one on one with each player would be very useful for both parties and enable them to work on relevant parts of their game.
This, plus team objectives should give them a very clear focus.
I used to use a one one page measurement tool called an OGSITM which stood for objectives. ( big picture), goals ( numeric),strategies( what you/we need to do). Issues(!the key to the whole thing) , an honest appraisal of what is holding us back, tactics to implement the strategies and measurements ( regular updates on how we are tracking)!.
There was one for each level within the organisation coupled with each individual.
I know it sounds a bit high tech for footy players but think it could work if appropriately worded and managed.
One would think that is already being done as part of a coaches job. However it seems more like the management at the tigers put far more emphasis on the coach than the players, why else would this club go through so many coaches compared to others in the comp. The only way to hold more accountability on the players is for each individual to attain a relative percentage in a kpi system. Maybe other clubs are doing this which gives them the Intel on whom to shaft and whom to retain.

The above is from another great article from Malcom Knox in the Herald. Excerpt below

Roosters NRL fans have a chant where they bellow the word, “cheats”. When I heard it, I thought, that’s a bit rough on your own team but good on you for your honesty and integrity. They were showing admirable fellowship with all the other league followers who think the same thing. Next the Roosters will be calling themselves the Rorters and the Chooks will be the Crooks. Then I realised the word they were chanting was not “cheats” but “Easts”. Oh well, so much for idealism.

One would think that is already being done as part of a coaches job. However it seems more like the management at the tigers put far more emphasis on the coach than the players, why else would this club go through so many coaches compared to others in the comp. The only way to hold more accountability on the players is for each individual to attain a relative percentage in a kpi system. Maybe other clubs are doing this which gives them the Intel on whom to shaft and whom to retain.
Exactly, and I would be surprised if we use it, coz you can’t help but improve with that sort of analysis ! It’s called professionalism, and attention to detail.

Back