Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I see so so many recruitment suggestions some wishful thinking ,some older players on the outer where they are . I'm concerned that we at least keep the few class footballers we already have . Douehi being a prime example
Lose him and gain Shuster omg
Recruitment is difficult at the moment because anyone half decent is already signed for 2023
It's a kinda dead zone because we can't make offers to some of the stars for 2024 and beyond till Nov
I'm thinking how to broaden the marketplace so I've got a QUESTION
ARE WE ALLOWED TO RECRUIT SOME OF THE TOP STARS FROM THE TOP KOE CUP or QLD CUP teams even if they are feeder teams to other nrl clubs
For example. Teams like Newtown , Panthers, Bears etc
YES WE ARE. Unfortunately thats where we get most of our recruits.

YES WE ARE. Unfortunately thats where we get most of our recruits.
Well if that's the case who for example have we recruited from top of the table cup sides . We know our own cup side but they have had a dreadful season especially defensively but Newtown ,Panthers and Bears cup sides have had great seasons all scoring about 660 points . There must be some budding future super stars running around there. Love to snare a couple of them before the Storm or the talent rich clubs do .

Don’t know the guy but if he has enough potential for Gus to be interested, whilst playing for us, our “Pathways” program is p..s poor.
More head shaking from WTF !
Imagine he's only part of Balmain cos St Joseph's is in Hunters Hill. Doubt he has any loyalty to the club. And a long way from playing in a super elite rugby school boy team to NRL. Let's wait and see.

At “unders” I am sick of players always trying to hold the club to ransom. I want players who want to be at the club, play for the badge and the fans. Players that want to make the club great again. Hopefully this crop of juniors coming through are as good as Sheenius reckons

Just read Woods is extending his stay at Dragons .He activated an option in his favour in his contract .Even someone not really wanted because of age not coming home to WT
We are the only club with no news on signings .
Message to Tim
There is zero chance of making the top 8 next year if your only plan to improve our roster is thru the juniors . That might work for 2025 season

Just read Woods is extending his stay at Dragons .He activated an option in his favour in his contract .Even someone not really wanted because of age not coming home to WT
Message to Tim
There is zero chance of making the top 8 next year if your only plan to improve our roster is thru the juniors . That might work for 2025 season
Were we interested in signing him?

Don’t know the guy but if he has enough potential for Gus to be interested, whilst playing for us, our “Pathways” program is p..s poor.
More head shaking from WTF !
Each time that these sort of signings happen,
Then the club must be transparent and give the fans a convincing explanation.

We've got enough problems as it is and this is one thing that the WT fans will not tolerate, why has this very promising junior sign with the Bulldogs and not us?

We have lost far too many good young players in the past,
And I'm not questioning the loyalty of the people who are now responsible for pathways yet, but without the necessary and convincing explanations by the club then you would have to ask where does their loyalty lie? is their loyalty mostly with the WT or with the other clubs? And are we just a development club for other clubs?

WT, Please explain.

Message to Tim
Sure you read it right, Last I read - He's played enough games to activate the clause...
But hasn't done so yet. - That was last night

The title of the articles are misleading.

We've got enough problems as it is and this is one thing that the WT fans will not tolerate, why has this very promising junior sign with the Bulldogs and not us?

I think the best response to this post is this post.
Gold-standard logic:

'We haven't managed to keep every single 17 year old in our whole system, therefore, the entire junior system is useless'.

Go play in traffic.

People are complaining about not getting Woods.

We are terrible but geez cool the heat down guys.

Who says he's 'very promising'?
As per the last couple of pages of this thread, we already have at least two others in the system ahead of him in the same position.

Right now as we build hope and somewhat excitement over our recruitment & retention rollout over the next 2-3 months, I am hoping for these 3 announcements to start things rolling and here is why ...

1 - Jackson Hastings

We need a leader, someone that wants to play for the club and repay the club and not do it for the money. And importantly someone that has the attitude the rubs off on his team mates and juniors coming through (and also us fans). We need Alpha personality types within the playing group (and whilst Hastings isn't overtly Alpha he is a leader, he is vocal and he leads with actions).

He should be our number one priority to extend until 2025/6!

Disclaimer: I do hope that AD can join Jacko as this type of player for the Tigers but the Roosters game & his non-commitment to any agreement until after the World Cup has me second guessing how much he wants to stay. Jury is out for the moment.

2. John Bateman

Let's get him over! He is in the age bracket we need in the forwards, he is experienced, he comes from a winning culture and he leads defensive lines (OMG don't we need that). Jacko, get on Zoom with Tim & Benji and get your ol team mate to join the revolution. I enjoyed reading this old story on his impact at the Raiders initially: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league/nrl-star-bateman-changed-raiders-culture-c-362192

3. Andrew (top 30) & brother David Fifita (T&T)

Controversial I know but hear me out! A theme I am running with here is bringing more Alpha personalities into the group as we have become the most passive group going around. Andrew has 1 year left in him. I want him for 20 mins per game off the bench. He brings experience, aggression, leadership of the young middles like Pole & Miller etc, ball playing skill and is very good at locking in the middle defensively.

David to join Andrew to bring that family club mentality. Only on a T&T contract to help lead & develop our middles in NSW Cup and be there if injuries strike next season. Brings that Wests Tigers DNA back into the Club. And before you shoot me down, I am only saying T&T contract and we NEED to mix experience with our youth.

@THE_POM please tell me the above is in motion :)

Then we can secure Dylan Brown & Spencer Leniu for 2024!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back