Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We have two. Musgrove and Stef.

Stefano is a domestic prop....
Loving him doesn't make him an impact prop.

Agree with Musgrove...
Although, He does lots of stuff that has a negative impact as well...
Hope he sharpens up.

ASHLEY KLIEN.
WHO WAS THE VIDEO REFEREE IN THE RND 19 MATCH BETWEEN THE
WEST'S TIGER'S & NQL

HAS BEEN REWARDED FOR HIS INEPTITUDE, WITH THE NUMBER ONE RATING OF ALL THE REFEREE'S.

BY BEING SELECTED TO REFEREE THE BLOODY GRAND FINAL.

BEAT THAT ONE.

2 MTHS AFTER THE BIGGEST REFEREE BLUNDER OF ALL TIME AS THE VIDEO REFEREE HE IS GIVEN THE BIGGEST JOB ANY REFEREE IN THE GAME CAN BE GIVEN.

A GRAND FINAL.

A REWARD NORMALLY GIVEN TO WHAT IN THE NRL'S MIND IS FOR THE SEASONS BEST REF.

BUT THIS DECISION IS IN MY OPINION A FREEKIN JOKE.

WOULD BE LIKE GIVING A BEST AND FAIREST AWARD TO SOMEONE THAT WAS SUSPENDED FOR 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT OFFENCES.

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

BUT THIS HAS.
Was it ineptitude? Maybe he's being rewarded for doing something?

From staff writers.. these are his quotes from the article:

The Parramatta star told News Corp about a self imposed deadline to make a call on his future as soon as Sunday’s grand final against Penrith is over.

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick that,” Papali’i said.

“We are just focused on this year. I don’t want to be worrying about that in the biggest week of my career to date.

“But as soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon we can. So we can stop all the questions.”
It really just sounds like he's been providing a very poorly worded 'no comment' for months, wanting to just focus on his current season at Parra and is waiting until the end of the season before he starts talking about the Tigers.

There is simply no option for him to play anywhere else in 2023. None.

2024 may be a slight possibility if they could prove there were extenuating circumstances that couldn't be resolved in any other way. But he was extremely happy to sign with us a year ago. He jumped at the chance and the pay check. Remember the Warriors threw him out like a piece of garbage too...

Shaun Blore prior to his injury about a week before we started games would have been in the starting team , from reports one of the first picked in our team , he has shit luck but once fit he will add plenty , Benji had shit luck with injuries but hay he come good
I also think Blore would be our most damaging defender hand down

Shawn Blore extends to 2024

Wests Tigers forward Shawn Blore has signed a one-year contract extension, keeping him at the club until at least the end of the 2024 season.

The 22-year-old second rower missed the entire 2022 season after suffering an ACL injury in February.

He says he can’t wait for the new campaign to begin.

Yet another absolutely atrocious re-signing. There is no need to re-sign him now. None. He's missed what 3 of the past 4 seasons. He has this season to demonstrate he can overcome his injury issues and earn a new contract. If he does another ACL (fingers crossed he doesn't) then re-signing him on a top 30 deal would be yet another wasted spot. We could have looked at a train and trial etc as appropriate.

We simply need to be more professional with our retentions. We're a laughing stock because we keep making bad decisions. This is yet another 50/50 gamble we're taking with a top 30 spot.

ASHLEY KLIEN.
WEST'S TIGER'S & NQL

HAS BEEN REWARDED FOR HIS INEPTITUDE, WITH THE NUMBER ONE RATING OF ALL THE REFEREE'S.

BEAT THAT ONE.

2 MTHS AFTER THE BIGGEST REFEREE BLUNDER OF ALL TIME AS THE VIDEO REFEREE HE IS GIVEN THE BIGGEST JOB ANY REFEREE IN THE GAME CAN BE GIVEN.

A GRAND FINAL.

WOULD BE LIKE GIVING A BEST AND FAIREST AWARD TO SOMEONE THAT WAS SUSPENDED FOR 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT OFFENCES.

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

BUT THIS HAS.
He was given the award for serving the NRL purpose in fraudently giving the two points of the Wests Tiger/north queensland match to north Queensland.

Yet another absolutely atrocious re-signing. There is no need to re-sign him now. None. He's missed what 3 of the past 4 seasons. He has this season to demonstrate he can overcome his injury issues and earn a new contract. If he does another ACL (fingers crossed he doesn't) then re-signing him on a top 30 deal would be yet another wasted spot. We could have looked at a train and trial etc as appropriate.

We simply need to be more professional with our retentions. We're a laughing stock because we keep making bad decisions. This is yet another 50/50 gamble we're taking with a top 30 spot.
Agree.
If not 60/40... with upside being 40.

We didn't need to do anything....
He's played 18 games in 3 years - He's not even on the park atm for anyone to reference form.
The only reason he's signed on - Is we're offering him potential money....
If it was market value of time on the park, It's a minimum contract and he's not signing on...

Someone is seeing something I'm not, All I am seeing is we're locking down kids on good money for that one game we get from them sometimes.

ASHLEY KLIEN.
WEST'S TIGER'S & NQL

HAS BEEN REWARDED FOR HIS STUPID DECISIONS, WITH THE NUMBER ONE RATING OF ALL THE REFEREE'S.

BEAT THAT ONE.

A GRAND FINAL.

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

BUT THIS HAS.
SOMEONE HAD A SHOT AT ME FOR USING
( INEPTITUDE ) SO I CHANGED IT TO STUPID DECISIONS, TO MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER.

Nobody wants to come here so we make more brain dead decisions to further promote how shit we are. Nothing has changed with the new coaches just more polish applied to the same turd.

Hopefully he comes good and you eat humble 🥧

Based off rumours over last few weeks & GF teams announced

If Staines, Leniu and Moses join Papa & Api that will now give us 5 players from this GF in our ranks come 2024. Not a bad recruitment drive & way to bring in a winning culture.
Where has the Leniu talk come from or is it just conjecture?

Stefano is a domestic prop....
Loving him doesn't make him an impact prop.

Agree with Musgrove...
Although, He does lots of stuff that has a negative impact as well...
Hope he sharpens up.

I think Stef is an impact prop along the lines of the top props like RCG, Fischer-Harris, Hass etc. I'm not stating he is that good but he is a big body who can get the team rolling forward.

I disagree people within the club have obviously seen how talented he is. So the football department have thought let’s give him an extension now because if he comes out and kills it next year not only will his value go through the roof he will be off contract and free to negotiate with any 1 he wishes. His value would be very low at the moment

Back