Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A lot of people seem to be complaining about our forward pack will line up - personally I think this is how we will/should line up:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikmano
11. Isiaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Joe Ofanguaue

14. Alex Twal
15. Aaron Woods
16. Fonua Pole
17. Shawn Blore

depth: Matamua, Kautoga, Tuki, Tumeth and Seyfarth
I don't think anyone's complaining... I think everyones excited and enthused... Forwards are good... Backs. Not so

A lot of people seem to be complaining about our forward pack will line up - personally I think this is how we will/should line up:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikmano
11. Isiaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Joe Ofanguaue

14. Alex Twal
15. Aaron Woods
16. Fonua Pole
17. Shawn Blore

I'm fairly sure Joffa won't be playing lock. Marshall and Sheens told him as much when they first took over. wouldn't be surprised to see Bateman start at 13 with Blore in the back row. also a possibility Matamua gets upgraded to the Top 30 and could end up starting the season at 13.

I don't think anyone's complaining... I think everyones excited and enthused... Forwards are good... Backs. Not so
More in terms of who should play where etc - I read about 3 pages of Twal potentially not being worth getting a spot which I think is pretty silly tbh

I

You're not sick of having zero impact coming of the bench...

I certainly am.

I would just be happy with a maintaining of standards at this point, one of our problems last year was once our starters came off we got over ran. Next year our pack is already better so we obviously need to up that standard in our depth.
We had guys like Seyfarth,Dias,Peachy ect ect coming on, i see impact and strike as the next step moving forward. Sort out our overall standard and then progress from there, but yes we are all sick of no impact but i believe that will come in time.

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikmano
11. Isiaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Joe Ofanguaue

14. Alex Twal
15. Aaron Woods
16. Fonua Pole
17. Shawn Blore

It's a good pack but I don't see the point of 4 forwards on the bench when we have so many guys that can play longer minutes in the middle.

Dump Woods and chuck in Rua or Simpkin.

How much better is that pack compared to what we've had though. Good middles and good edge backrowers.

Pole and Blore can bring some impact off the bench

I agree. They aren't big guys like Nelson who will cause havoc but Pole especially can get a quick play the ball and make some good runs.

Blore is at this point really just a defender but I'm hopeful that the coaching staff can get him running some good lines.

Going on from my last, things did not pan out well over the weekend, as you would be aware by now Warrington Wolves have released the following statement:

"George still has two years left to run on his contract with Warrington - end of story, you don’t sell your best players and we are happy with George and he is happy with us so he is staying right here"

But you never know the power of money. All talk with John Bateman have gone cold, not sure what the club is waiting for or doing there, as of last week they were pretty confident and about to announce his signature, but no talk or movement since then.

Big news regarding an injury, one of the young fella's during full on running / training drills, stubb his big toe in the turf and has possibly fractured, but hopefully only strained his big toe !! This member is none other than assistant coach Benji Marshall, whilst showing the young fella's some show and go moves.
Doing drills barefoot again were they?

I'm fairly sure Joffa won't be playing lock. Marshall and Sheens told him as much when they first took over. wouldn't be surprised to see Bateman start at 13 with Blore in the back row. also a possibility Matamua gets upgraded to the Top 30 and could end up starting the season at 13.
I'd rather that.

8. Klemmar
9.Api
10. Stefano
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Matamua

14. Will Smith/ Simpkins
15. Blore
16. Offa
17. Pole

This is by the end of the season FYI.

Doing drills barefoot again were they?
Nah, Benji had these fluorescent light blue boots on, tried to do his old goose step and stubbed his foot into the turf. He limped off saying "i think i've broken my f**king toe" lol

Just to clarify the reports about the Dogs showing interest into certain players, particularly the players that we are after, this is an old ploy of raising the cost of the player. By showing interest in a player it makes the market price go up in somewhat of bidding war, but the Dogs don't have the money and are only hoping that the players manager then asks / demands more since there is another team showing interest in their player. Gus Gould has been playing this trick for years and he's hoping that we pay extra's or over's for that player to burn our cap.

Going on from my last, things did not pan out well over the weekend, as you would be aware by now Warrington Wolves have released the following statement:

"George still has two years left to run on his contract with Warrington - end of story, you don’t sell your best players and we are happy with George and he is happy with us so he is staying right here"

But you never know the power of money. All talk with John Bateman have gone cold, not sure what the club is waiting for or doing there, as of last week they were pretty confident and about to announce his signature, but no talk or movement since then.

Big news regarding an injury, one of the young fella's during full on running / training drills, stubb his big toe in the turf and has possibly fractured, but hopefully only strained his big toe !! This member is none other than assistant coach Benji Marshall, whilst showing the young fella's some show and go moves.
That statement from Warrington is like , when the board comes out and says the coach is safe , and two weeks later he’s gone

couldn't have put it better myself. the bloke loves the club and clearly played with passion and drive that he lost the second he walked out. bring him back and I guarantee you he will show more in a handful of games here at WT than what he has away from the club in the past 5 years.

he's certainly not worthy of a spot in our first choice 17 but he'll get his hands dirty if/when he gets a call up.
100% how people easily forget how he regularly ran for over 200mtrs most weeks played fo Australia the blues and done a pretty good job of it might turn back the clock a bit and if he does what a buy if he doesn't no harm done and still be a great mentor for the future lads

Latest posts

Staff online

Back