Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We are an outside chance for Moses, but if the EEls don't sign him for 2024, it will be very awkward for both him and the club next year. That's one of the reasons, i doubt he will leave. I think he is more valuable then the 5/8, who is hot and cold. If they can't keep both i think Brown will go.

Yeah it's a pet project, it has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the personal brand, like the dudes who own French rugby clubs or Marwan Koukash and when he used to own the Red Devils.

The credit I will give someone like Rusty Crowe is he was always a Souths man, since day dot, and he used his success and wealth to help the club he always supported as a diehard. He doesn't plaster his name about the place and he's a part-owner rather than a sponsor. It's not about the Russell Crowe brand.

Even Lee H has had a history of flipping and flopping about with his sponsorship of other clubs, secondary to Wests Tigers.
I heard a story about Lee today from a family member he is not a great person and he is off side with all his family I also heard about his house he really is loaded

Man got triggered hahahaView attachment 3725

Beauty of being a fan is we see things differently.
But lets review the signings on 22 form that both have done for 23:

Klemmer was better than Pele (despite the Klemmer hate history)
Api was better than Mahoney (Mahoney struggled during the year, injury played a part though)
Kikau was better than Papa especially over the last 10 weeks
Sutton and Bateman are meh

To support the signings based on 22 form:

We both lack a fullback
Our backs are ordinary.
Bulldogs have JAC and Kiraz (like this kid) cool rest meh
We both have unproven forward depth charts, TPJ inconsistent more off than on & Thompson is solid but over priced (Joffa has him covered + Stefano). King another I like somewhat but don't think he has another level. For us aside from Joffa and Stefano it's all hope they come good and become NRL week in week out quality. (Twal is from reports potentially 1 more concussion from retirement).

Re Moses.
I would be surprised if he comes this way, not expecting it to happen.
Bulldogs 3rd Party deals and setup for win now is more attractive than our position of setting up for 2yrs time to win. The Bulldogs are 1-2yrs infront of us on the team setup phase.

We will be lucky to play finals in 23 let alone 24 even if Moses joins as our backs need an uplift & forward kids we are banking on will need to step up. Our squad setup is aiming for Benji timeframe & I really doubt that's something Moses will want to be apart of.

Kennel guy over here, no disrespect but I wish the best for us and Tigers. I'm tired of seeing the Storm, Panthers and Roosters on top, and i hope the bottom team like us and the Tigers finally get back to the top. Now regarding, the Mahoney/Api, Papalii/Kikau and Klemmer/Thompson situation.

Api has signed a 2 year contract with an Mutual Option for the 3rd year. He just turned 30 yesterday and when the 3 year contract runs out, who will replace him? We've signed a top 4 hooker who is 23 and has signed a 4 year contract. I will be honest Api is better than Mahoney, but his body can't last that long and age effects speed. That is one of Api's advantages and it's what makes him play good.

I absolutely disgaree on the Papalii/Kikau situation. Papalii is a top 3 second rower, but Kikau is 1000 times better. He's won 3 or 4 Dally M medals year after year and in 2022 he has been very consistent. Papalii has had 1-2 good years and Kikau has way more experience and can create nothing into something. Especially, now with Burton, Kikau, the Fox and whoever the left centre is.

Klemmer is miles better than Luke Thompson and there is no argument on that. Great signing.
Lol. Disagree on almost all points.
I don't rate Mahoney particularly highly. Good defender, great service but don't think he has much smarts. I certainly wouldn't have him as a top 4 hooker (unless you just meant he was in a top 4 team).
API I think he is currently the smartest hooker in the game and I don't see that changing. Tigers have some highly rated young hookers so hopefully he can mentor them into quality first graders.

Kikau I do probably rate slightly higher than Papallii. He certainly has a better skillset, but he cannot match the work rate of Papallii. I think Kikau is the better addition if you already have a strong pack whereas Papallii is the better addition if looking to strengthen your pack.
I also think Thompson hasn't played anywhere near his best. If he can stay on the park, and admittedly that appears to be a big if, then he is not too far behind Thompson.
Anyways I've no ill feelings towards the dogs, so good luck for next season.

Beauty of being a fan is we see things differently.
But lets review the signings on 22 form that both have done for 23:

Klemmer was better than Pele (despite the Klemmer hate history)
Api was better than Mahoney (Mahoney struggled during the year, injury played a part though)
Kikau was better than Papa especially over the last 10 weeks
Sutton and Bateman are meh

To support the signings based on 22 form:

We both lack a fullback
Our backs are ordinary.
Bulldogs have JAC and Kiraz (like this kid) cool rest meh
We both have unproven forward depth charts, TPJ inconsistent more off than on & Thompson is solid but over priced (Joffa has him covered + Stefano). King another I like somewhat but don't think he has another level. For us aside from Joffa and Stefano it's all hope they come good and become NRL week in week out quality. (Twal is from reports potentially 1 more concussion from retirement).

Re Moses.
I would be surprised if he comes this way, not expecting it to happen.
Bulldogs 3rd Party deals and setup for win now is more attractive than our position of setting up for 2yrs time to win. The Bulldogs are 1-2yrs infront of us on the team setup phase.

We will be lucky to play finals in 23 let alone 24 even if Moses joins as our backs need an uplift & forward kids we are banking on will need to step up. Our squad setup is aiming for Benji timeframe & I really doubt that's something Moses will want to be apart of.
They have Burton - massive!

Lol. Disagree on almost all points.
I don't rate Mahoney particularly highly. Good defender, great service but don't think he has much smarts. I certainly wouldn't have him as a top 4 hooker (unless you just meant he was in a top 4 team).
API I think he is currently the smartest hooker in the game and I don't see that changing. Tigers have some highly rated young hookers so hopefully he can mentor them into quality first graders.

Kikau I do probably rate slightly higher than Papallii. He certainly has a better skillset, but he cannot match the work rate of Papallii. I think Kikau is the better addition if you already have a strong pack whereas Papallii is the better addition if looking to strengthen your pack.
I also think Thompson hasn't played anywhere near his best. If he can stay on the park, and admittedly that appears to be a big if, then he is not too far behind Thompson.
Anyways I've no ill feelings towards the dogs, so good luck for next season.
Who is Thompson? Serious question

Disagree with your comment regarding their halves not being better than ours. I'd take Burton and Flanagan over Brooks and Douehi every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I was talking about 1 and 7 i know Burton is decent but even though im not a fan of Brooks or Doueihi i still rate them both better than Flanagan.

Dogs fans have become the most unearnt arrogant in the comp. They won 3 more games then us who literally had 18 of our top 30 on the sidelines towards the end of the year yet somehow think they had a great year and are acting like Panthers fans.

Api is easily better than Mahoney, that’s not even a contest. Hell JMK was better than Mahoney this year. Kikau had a great end of 2022 season, however prior to this has been a massive spud with as many bone headed plays as good plays. At the panthers they could cover for his mistakes, he won’t get that at the Dogs. Papalli reportedly cost us $200k less. I have no doubt if you asked fans of other who they’d prefer the majorly would take Ice.

A bloke who ended up coming off the bench for Newtown is better than Klemmer? 😂 Seriously get off the paint thinners. Maybe Pele will reach the great heights that Mavoni Taifua did. Remember this time last year when you were all saying you got one over us by signing him haha.

Burton has become insanely over rated. The bloke has a massive boot and an ok running game. He doesn’t set up his backs and has shown no organizational skills. He still hasn’t proven anything as a 5/8, the bloke is still a centre IMO. If the dogs really pay $900k for him then I would piss myself laughing at them. He’s basically Jack Wighton from Wish.

Hi Kennell, I know this post will make its way to you. I don’t wish you any luck and I hope you crash and burn in 2023 😘

Last edited:
Dogs fans have become the most unearnt arrogant in the comp. They won 3 more games then us who literally had 18 of our top 30 on the sidelines towards the end of the year yet somehow think they had a great year and are acting like Panthers fans.

Api is easily better than Mahoney, that’s not even a contest. Hell JMK was better than Mahoney this year. Kikau had a great end of 2022 season, however prior to this has been a massive spud with as many bone headed plays as good plays. At the panthers they could cover for his mistakes, he won’t get that at the Dogs. Papalli reportedly cost us $200k less. I have no doubt if you asked fans of other who they’d prefer the majorly would take Ice.

Burton has become insanely over rated. The bloke has a massive boot and an ok running game. He doesn’t set up his backs and has shown no organizational skills. He still hasn’t proven anything as a 5/8, the bloke is still a centre IMO. If the dogs really pay $900k for him then I would piss myself laughing at them.

Hi Kennell, I know this post will make its way to you. I don’t wish you any luck and I hope you crash and burn in 2023 😘
No point feeding the trolls brother. No point laying out player A vs Player B. Doesn’t resolve anything. We’ll see next year mate

Kennel guy over here, no disrespect but I wish the best for us and Tigers. I'm tired of seeing the Storm, Panthers and Roosters on top, and i hope the bottom team like us and the Tigers finally get back to the top. Now regarding, the Mahoney/Api, Papalii/Kikau and Klemmer/Thompson situation.

Api has signed a 2 year contract with an Mutual Option for the 3rd year. He just turned 30 yesterday and when the 3 year contract runs out, who will replace him? We've signed a top 4 hooker who is 23 and has signed a 4 year contract. I will be honest Api is better than Mahoney, but his body can't last that long and age effects speed. That is one of Api's advantages and it's what makes him play good.

I absolutely disgaree on the Papalii/Kikau situation. Papalii is a top 3 second rower, but Kikau is 1000 times better. He's won 3 or 4 Dally M medals year after year and in 2022 he has been very consistent. Papalii has had 1-2 good years and Kikau has way more experience and can create nothing into something. Especially, now with Burton, Kikau, the Fox and whoever the left centre is.

Klemmer is miles better than Luke Thompson and there is no argument on that. Great signing.

Mahoney will be 25 front of next season, Api is 30 all season. Mahoney isn't an attacking hooker he is a distributor and defender behind a very good front row rotation which the Bulldogs don't currently have. Imagine him behind a less impacting style forward rotation. His attacking options will be even more limited. Api is attack focused and in the Sheens model will be interesting to see how he works, Sheens loves attacking hookers and now with Klemmer mixed with Stefano & Joffa (all have good play the ball sped and offloads) it will be interesting to see his effectiveness. I think both are great fits for the way both teams are building.

Papa is 24 for next season, Kikau is 28 front of next season. Kikau if you want impact wins the battle but keep in mind at the Panthers he would often be positioned with time, space and in isolation to the smaller man. Most times his effective play would be driven off a Half, Lock, 5/8th running line spread. Burton can't do this all himself & King isnt a link man. We all saw the impacts this had on JAC & even TPJ. The left edge however at the Bulldogs if given space look out teams, Burton loves that edge mixed with Kikau and JAC. You just need a fullback rover and center to play a good running line to draw and plenty of points will come on that side.

Agree on Klemmer he is a great pickup for us. Pele is a good pickup for the Bulldogs if used the right way. I wanted him here. He has high upscale in a few years. As an bench impact rotation you will benefit as he can be a steamroller and did start to build his durability up during the 22 season however his lateral movement in defensive structures, his tackle/turn and return to defensive formations & speed of play the ball is his weakness. But he is young and most young props that age take a few years to get use to speed/body control.

Either way you look at things both teams picked up quality Hookers and Backrowers for 23-25.

The key is the support cast around them & plenty of ? for both sides.
Bulldogs squad is infront though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back