Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Why are tigers and Bulldogs fans looking at each other? Neither of our clubs are doing anything next year. Aren't there better clubs to look at for comparison? Recently sharks have turned club around. Cowboys too. How did they do it? How can we do similar? Our focus on the Bulldogs is weird, they're nothing. Even if they buy their way into the 8 it doesn't look sustainable: just look at Newcastle and gold coast.

That's not knocking the Bulldogs, it's just we seem to focus on them more than anyone else and even if we're considering teams in similar position to us, the dragons are a much more comperable club in terms of the club's standing as a second rate out of fashion club with a focus on junior talent and rejects from other clubs.

Anyway...
Cowboys will be interesting next year. They got the easiest draw last year. Plus got a lot of calls..top 8 but might come back abit.

But to come from 15th to 2nd in 12 months is amazing.

Yeah it's a pet project, it has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the personal brand, like the dudes who own French rugby clubs or Marwan Koukash and when he used to own the Red Devils.

The credit I will give someone like Rusty Crowe is he was always a Souths man, since day dot, and he used his success and wealth to help the club he always supported as a diehard. He doesn't plaster his name about the place and he's a part-owner rather than a sponsor. It's not about the Russell Crowe brand.

Even Lee H has had a history of flipping and flopping about with his sponsorship of other clubs, secondary to Wests Tigers.
Really??

The fact that Byrden sponsors the abomination that is Blacktown Workers/Sea Eagles reserve grade is pretty obvious how many craps he really gives about the Tigers!

Hence how the flying f&%#K did we hand over the Chairmanship to this bloke with no other connection to the club than his sponsorship dollars???

Well I can tell you right now with 100% certainty from someone who would DEFINITELY know that it is Moses' preference to go to the dogs, all things being equal.
Timmy has offered the same MM deal, which isn't quite a million, to Jack Welsby. It comes with massive transfer and compensation payments but it's apparently way over what he's on at St Helens and he's very interested. The initial approach was pre world cup. The dogs were always front runners for MM pre grand final, Gus's first task when he got the job at the dogs was to get a half and he singled out MM. I think the Laundy money will land him.

Timmy has offered the same MM deal, which isn't quite a million, to Jack Welsby. It comes with massive transfer and compensation payments but it's apparently way over what he's on at St Helens and he's very interested. The initial approach was pre world cup. The dogs were always front runners for MM pre grand final, Gus's first task when he got the job at the dogs was to get a half and he singled out MM. I think the Laundy money will land him.
To play #1 ?

Welsby being offered big bucks would be bizarre, he hasn't earnt it yet.

The dogs have Laundy money, we have Hagipentalis' money. What's the difference? Two super rich guys

I wonder whether Mitch Pearce is interested in coming home to Aus and finally the tigers.
I’m not as convinced as others. We desperately need a senior half with a great kicking game before anything else. Moses fits that mould, has a bit of time on his side until our young halves develop.
But be honest those that follow the juniors a lot closer. Is there a N Cleary, DCE or even a M Moses equivalent in our junior ranks?
If the answer is no we need to a recruit a half for the long term as well as the short term.

MM would be a great pickup no doubt but at the sametime I look at the positives.

We aren’t being outbid. Bulldogs are offering very similar amounts & length. They are focused on win now not win in Benji era.

Getting MM means Brooks is a priority to keep, if we don’t get MM then Brooks all of a sudden becomes a selective option and we have over $2m to play with. It also means we aren’t in a need to become a mates club which is how our team was forming in part (Brown, Brooks, Moses).

All of a sudden we look differently at Laurie and AD also which would happen if we target another half who isn’t MM.

I wonder whether Mitch Pearce is interested in coming home to Aus and finally the tigers.
I’m not as convinced as others. We desperately need a senior half with a great kicking game before anything else. Moses fits that mould, has a bit of time on his side until our young halves develop.
But be honest those that follow the juniors a lot closer. Is there a N Cleary, DCE or even a M Moses equivalent in our junior ranks?
If the answer is no we need to a recruit a half for the long term as well as the short term.

Yes but their only 15 years old atm.

My take on things, if we miss MM and reading the tea leaves that seems almost certain, is not the end of the earth. There will be another player to throw a lot of money at.

In saying the above, it will go down as another big signing we have chased very hard and missed. It gives the media more amo to tell the world our club is on the nose. We desperately need to get one of these signings over the line, coming close is getting tiresome.

Anyway shortly we will be able to put MM to bed start to focus on the pommy kid, I wonder what club will get under our noses with him

I've heard the same from a good source, Laundy will buy a premiership. I was told the Dogs official offer for MM wasn't much more than the Eels but the extras will most likely be too good to refuse.
Also Corey Allen was paid out to go to the Roosters. Bet that doesn't appear on the salary cap.
I thought TPA's were capped?

If that is the case bulldogs would be cheating the cap, you can’t have TPA’s be anything related to the club and that includes one of your honchos being a share holder. I think Parramatta BMW is just a TPA his manager has sorted out for him it’s very normal for local car places to give players cars, lot of our players have the same. I wouldn’t read too much into it.
Some one mentioned Gus is a share holder in Parramatta BMW.

🤔

Back