Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Most of our side ! Except ou new forward pack. From 1 to 7 , it will be how they perform with a stronger and more aggressive pack , perform or your gone! . This is a professional game, and at last we have some direction. This is not the 70's , -

Some times I get abit court up with who we are chasing and who we land but we have to give sheens and benji and Madge a huge wrap here. We haves signed 4 world class players in 1 off season. 4 elite level players that will make a huge difference to on field performances this is insane considering where we are coming from. I have to convince my self this is actually happening some times. 4 elite level players with a never say die attitude I’m so happy to be a tigers supporter!!
Best off-season of signings we have ever had hands down, great thing is it still might not be over

Wishy, washy, at best ! We are aiming high, average players in key positions, is just one of the reasons we have failed. We have gained the forwards, now it's the halves and the backs, ordinary does not cut it in todays game.
The way I see it...we do have talent in the backs. Now on paper we have go forward forwards should give the backs the opportunity to show what they can do. Wait n see

Junior Tupou is going to heap some pressure on Laurie, Maumalo and Nofalouma.

He’s a naturally talented footballer in that he just reads the play quickly and has the skills to adjust on a dime.

I think he will be in the starting squad in some way by the end of the season.

Junior Tupou is going to heap some pressure on Laurie, Maumalo and Nofalouma.

He’s a naturally talented footballer in that he just reads the play quickly and has the skills to adjust on a dime.

I think he will be in the starting squad in some way by the end of the season.
No doubt. Just needs to brush up on his errors and defence in Cup and he'll be ready.

1 to 7 is average but at least we got forwards sorted. Progress..
My theory is without forwards we really don't know how good or bad our backs are, now there are no excuses, with our pack now the backs we have will look loads better with more space to play in and we will be able to see who needs to be replaced.

He has big wraps on him. Personally I would wait 12 months to see how Staines turns out first, only because Welsby will eat up a lot more cap. Maybe Staines really steps up given a sustained period at 1 for much less money.
I see what you're saying. Maybe Staines really hasn't been a given proper chance as a first grade fullback with Edwards in front of him at Penrith. He could be very good but I wonder if his ceiling is as high as Welsby's and some one else could get in before us if we don't make a move. The transfer fee is the sticking point.

Yeah ! But but it won't go far with flat tires up front, and pot holes outside of you ! ha! More bashers of 1 guy, What's your opinion of the other 16? That you all fail to mention.
They havnt been there coasting along for 10 years as a protected species doing sweet f all

Do the tigers really need nathan brown??? With all our junior's about to try and debut hope another club doesn't come along and offer them 1st grade cause we've blocked their path???

No probably not because our pack is quite experienced now, only way I’d look at him would be if it was pushing a fringe guy out like Seyfarth. But I think we have to live up to our development tag and maybe bring Matamua through next season.

Staff online

Back