Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

My take on the Moses situation is if eels fail within the first part of the season he will sign with us if eels kick on he will stay with the eels. I think they all know their premiership window has closed but remain optimistic it could just be open enough to have a decent run again.

We have signed Brandon Wakeham. I don't believe he was even mentioned here.

Not exciting, but a depth option.

On Twitter:
"Karl Oloapu has reportedly been given permission by Brisbane to meet with other clubs. Brisbane are expecting a transfer fee for the Australian Schoolboys captain, with the Dolphins and Bulldogs showing early interest."

Yes please
With our last Top 30 spot just gone, it would have to be a good sell from us to get him. This is probably the issue...he will need to accept a development contract for 2023 unless we move someone on.

The lure of playing with fellow schoolboys Faagutu and Miller could be helpful. I guess the fact we have no established halves signed up from 2024 onwards and playing under Benji could be enticing for a young half.

On Twitter:
"Karl Oloapu has reportedly been given permission by Brisbane to meet with other clubs. Brisbane are expecting a transfer fee for the Australian Schoolboys captain, with the Dolphins and Bulldogs showing early interest."

Yes please
would be paying $1.05 to go to Redcliffe. can't see him going anywhere else as he had a deal agreed with them. WT won't block the pathway for their young halves through signing an 18 year old.

I can also confirm Nofo will 100% be involved in a player swap. He won't play a game for the Tigers in 2023.
It would be a deal with Raiders, Bulldogs or Storm, I’m thinking? Which one of those clubs is short an outside back?
On 2nd thought, what if Nofa, after threatening to go, is finally going to the Eels? This could be the reason the Moses deal has been stalling and will now be settled. Just having a guess..

Last edited:
Back