Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Braith confirmed they were fielding offers for months....
Then they should’ve reported it to the NRL because that’s against the rules. No club cannot offer a rival player a contract until Nov 1 and if their contracts are up the upcoming season. If Munster did get a contract from any club before then, that’s against NRL guidelines. So they either paid Munster and Braith to keep quiet, or they had talks but no offer or contract was actually made which there’s nothing against the NRL guidelines for that.

I

was listening to him talk on a podcast the other day. Christ he hates the tigers he’s not getting on with sheens at the moment so he refuses to say any of our recruits are any good

Put your differences aside and just talk about the club in a positive way for once
We should send him over a 6 pack and a lap dance to garner some favor.

I think he’s probably worth an upgrade, when you consider his previous backended deal had him on around $725k per season. I’m wondering if the club’s inability to close a deal on Brooksy is holding up the Moses’ talks?
We can’t expect Moses to take our word that Brooksy will still be here when he arrives, given our past dealings. We have the same CEO and board pretty much unchanged?
While I appreciate that Moses was a very clear "I want OUT" with the Tigers.

Our Board has been outstanding in comparison to the "Big 4".
If Moses or Brooks won't take our word, then maybe that's a hint that they should 'get out' I suspect Brooks actually trusts the Tigers board pretty well. Our ability to deliver on the field, NO but our board, yes.

While I appreciate that Moses was a very clear "I want OUT" with the Tigers.

Our Board has been outstanding in comparison to the "Big 4".
If Moses or Brooks won't take our word, then maybe that's a hint that they should 'get out' I suspect Brooks actually trusts the Tigers board pretty well. Our ability to deliver on the field, NO but our board, yes.
His agent was an Eels junior and his dad loves the Eels. Maybe things have changed, the Klemmer and Bateman signings are a positive indication?

I think he’s probably worth an upgrade, when you consider his previous backended deal had him on around $725k per season. I’m wondering if the club’s inability to close a deal on Brooksy is holding up the Moses’ talks?
We can’t expect Moses to take our word that Brooksy will still be here when he arrives, given our past dealings. We have the same CEO and board pretty much unchanged?
Were offering him the highest$$ in the NRL already..we shouldnt allow him to dictate who he wants us to pay another $700k to(Brooks)..we pay that sort of $$ for performance ,not mateship

Were offering him the highest$$ in the NRL already..we shouldnt allow him to dictate who he wants us to pay another $700k to(Brooks)..we pay that sort of $$ for performance ,not mateship
I'm not sure it's that simple? If we are urging Brooks (among other players) to pitch an improved environment to Moses in the knowledge that he has declared his interest in reuniting with Brooks because he has played his best football with him, then isn't it on the club to show some proof of their intentions. If they were to walk away or show the slightest disinterest, then I'm suggesting this is what could be causing a delay? That and the issue of 23. Thats all I'm saying. I think Brooks and Moses still have the same manager, don't they?

Is it not true that Moses, Brooks, and Bateman are all with Isaac Moses management company. I'd say we have had to jump more than one hoop...

His agent was an Eels junior and his dad loves the Eels. Maybe things have changed, the Klemmer and Bateman signings are a positive indication?

Not sure how many Isaac players are at the eels. Only one I know is their new 9 but not sure if he had many options.

Confirmed - Bateman will be here within the next two weeks, unclear in the screenshot of his Instagram below whether it means this week or next. Have heard some speculation in the media that he will play lock, but based on us moving Papali’i to the left edge, it seems he will be on the right edge. Shawn Blore is the wild card here as he has the potential to be a starting back rower, but you would think he comes off the bench. It’s certainly a good problem to have, with Papali’i, Bateman and Blore all very good edge options, opposed to previous years with a revolving cast of Garner, Tuilagi and Seyfarth. 2C94C709-BD93-4B4F-AD9A-BB4BDE95CBD2.jpeg

I wish I saw Brooks as a junior. I'm sure it's nothing like he has been the last few years I suspect a lot has been coached out of him.
Marshall would know Brooks' capabilities having played with him and imo is one of the reasons he is so keen to retain him.

I think Laurie also is often forgotten. I know he is training at both fullback and in the halves. He is a natural ball-player, has good instincts, can defend and has pace. I expect Laurie to come on this season and emerge as a genuine utility option at fullback or in the 6.

Confirmed - Bateman will be here within the next two weeks, unclear in the screenshot of his Instagram below whether it means this week or next. Have heard some speculation in the media that he will play lock, but based on us moving Papali’i to the left edge, it seems he will be on the right edge. Shawn Blore is the wild card here as he has the potential to be a starting back rower, but you would think he comes off the bench. It’s certainly a good problem to have, with Papali’i, Bateman and Blore all very good edge options, opposed to previous years with a revolving cast of Garner, Tuilagi and Seyfarth. View attachment 4339
Don't tell me Bateman is another shoe wanker lol.

Confirmed - Bateman will be here within the next two weeks, unclear in the screenshot of his Instagram below whether it means this week or next. Have heard some speculation in the media that he will play lock, but based on us moving Papali’i to the left edge, it seems he will be on the right edge. Shawn Blore is the wild card here as he has the potential to be a starting back rower, but you would think he comes off the bench. It’s certainly a good problem to have, with Papali’i, Bateman and Blore all very good edge options, opposed to previous years with a revolving cast of Garner, Tuilagi and Seyfarth. View attachment 4339

Johnny coming through in the
custom Dior sneakers, niceee

I wish I saw Brooks as a junior. I'm sure it's nothing like he has been the last few years I suspect a lot has been coached out of him.
i remember seeing him at the high school carnival in port macqaurei a number of years ago. He and Moses were the halves for Combined Catholic Colleges. Moses was getting all the hype because of Uncle Benny but Brooks was the better player in that tournament. He did everything that a top 7 should do - Moses was the runner. How times have changed.

i remember seeing him at the high school carnival in port macqaurei a number of years ago. He and Moses were the halves for Combined Catholic Colleges. Moses was getting all the hype because of Uncle Benny but Brooks was the better player in that tournament. He did everything that a top 7 should do - Moses was the runner. How times have changed.

Club has to have some contribution to this.

How was their forward pack?

Oh my god…not another weirdo sneaker nerd. Lol.

Last edited:
Back