Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504023) said:
@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504021) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504020) said:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/sport/26-seq-junior-stars-going-the-other-way-to-sydney-nrl-clubs-like-the-roosters-bulldogs-and-wests-tigers/news-story/f70fd2363af84ed341dcd74879d1f9e1%3famp

Looks like we have recruited well from QLD with the focus on pathways

Thanks for the post, but the link is stuck behind a paywall.

Sorry mate, I don’t have access, otherwise I would have posted the full article

I've heard people say to open links like this in incognito browsers, but that still hit the paywall for me when I tried it Chrome.

Anyone know how to view the article skipping the paywall?

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504024) said:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/sport/26-seq-junior-stars-going-the-other-way-to-sydney-nrl-clubs-like-the-roosters-bulldogs-and-wests-tigers/news-story/f70fd2363af84ed341dcd74879d1f9e1%3famp

The Wests Tigers have six of the best – Queensland schoolboys merit prop Herman Tofaeono (Keebra Park SHS), 2021 joint Justin Hodges medallist Chris Faatugu (Marsden SHS), outstanding Wavell No. 13 Junior Taungatua (Wavell SHS), middle forward Mou Taumaletila (Marsden SHS) and utility Kienan Tempest (Marsden SHS) who is a David Stagg clone.

Throw in brilliant Kirwan SHS outside back talent Dudley Dotoi from Far North Queensland and you have a bag full of good kids headed to the Wests Tigers.

This is where we have recruited well - in juniors. I believe within the next 3 years, we will become a consistent top 4 club because we are building the club the right way.

@conepuncher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504026) said:
@tsupps05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504019) said:
Hodgson looking likely

Can you elaborate?

I'm hearing that it is close to getting done for next year

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504032) said:

The Wests Tigers have six of the best – Queensland schoolboys merit prop Herman Tofaeono (Keebra Park SHS), 2021 joint Justin Hodges medallist Chris Faatugu (Marsden SHS), outstanding Wavell No. 13 Junior Taungatua (Wavell SHS), middle forward Mou Taumaletila (Marsden SHS) and utility Kienan Tempest (Marsden SHS) who is a David Stagg clone.

Throw in brilliant Kirwan SHS outside back talent Dudley Dotoi from Far North Queensland and you have a bag full of good kids headed to the Wests Tigers.

This is where we have recruited well - in juniors. I believe within the next 3 years, we will become a consistent top 4 club because we are building the club the right way.

Yeah but the danger lies in being able to retain them when they hit First Grade. I think we need to be doing at least average (7th to 9th) in First grade when they hit otherwise the chances of losing them is increased to probably.

I wonder if this is Hartigans brothers work? Ie this is the last crop

@tsupps05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504033) said:
Hodgson looking likely

Can you elaborate?

Thanks. Hope your oil is good!

The Wests Tigers have requested to meet Papali’i and are willing to pay $600,000 a year to lure him from Parramatta after a breakout first season. (SMH)

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504034) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504032) said:

Yeah but the danger lies in being able to retain them when they hit First Grade. I think we need to be doing at least average (7th to 9th) in First grade when they hit otherwise the chances of losing them is increased to probably.

All well and good to sign them, you then need to create a learning environment. Our toxic club is no place for young players atm.

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504039) said:
The Wests Tigers have requested to meet Papali’i and are willing to pay $600,000 a year to lure him from Parramatta after a breakout first season. (SMH)

If this is Sheens first contribution I’ll be upgrading my membership

Papali'i would be a great signing .so if parra have signed scott that means have they gone cold on cotric

@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504043) said:

Would be a top signing. I doubt we'd get him for this upcoming season but he'd be a great addition for 2023.

Most years I feel confident that the Tigers will improve the next year. Right now I feel next year will be bad … seriously bad.

After the football dept review When they stuck with Maguire I thought we had to sign some top players because Maguire hasn’t done anything with the current squad. Alas, we signed Old Peachey.

I’ll still have my fingers crossed that we’ll do ok but that’s never worked before.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504048) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504043) said:

Would be a top signing. I doubt we'd get him for this upcoming season but he'd be a great addition for 2023.

Exactly what we need. They can keep Matto.

I know some people find it hard to be optimistic at the moment re Wests Tigers immediate prospects, (I'm one of them also finding it hard,) but if we can get Hodgson and Papali'i, then that will definitely make me feel a lot more optimistic.

And Cotric, idk, Dogs have him on about $600k (according to Zero Tackle) for the next 2 years, they'd have to throw in at least $150k in both years for us to consider him.

@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504038) said:
@tsupps05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504033) said:
Hodgson looking likely

Can you elaborate?

Thanks. Hope your oil is good!

Yeah i never usually do these sorta posts so i'm pretty confident what i'm hearing will happen

And yet the majority of the forum are still carrying on like Jason Taylor is running things.

People need to wake up to the fact that this club is indeed doing good things and stop blaming them for the past mistakes.

@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504055) said:

And yet the majority of the forum are still carrying on like Jason Taylor is running things.

People need to wake up to the fact that this club is indeed doing good things and stop blaming them for the past mistakes.

Maybe the club should communicate a lot better with there stake holders … if this younger talent is on the books TELL us ,explain what’s happening and the direction the club is taking . COMMUNICATION costs nothing it’s easy but the most fundamental resource that organisation do not use effectively.

Back