Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A day after signing with Eels it looks like Curtis Scott has a new off field problem being accused of stalking his ex. Can you imagine the media reaction if it was Wests who had just signed him. I’m sure the words “laughing stock” would have been used. Dodged a bullet there.

@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504615) said:
We are clearly going down the youth direction at the club and it will start paying off in a few years time I have no doubt..
We are all sitting here just wanting the club to buy just **1** Top line player to help the young ones and help keep our hopes alive.. One day :pray:

Now I find it funny that teams like Roosters and Souths have fans that are complaining they lost a player and need a top player to replace them to remain in the top 4 teams.. Then you look at there teams and all I can think about it how good would it be having a team like this or even half of them...

Some of the 2022 Roosters players:
Collins
A Crichton
Luke Keary
J Manu
V Radley
J Suaalli
Sio Taukeiaho
D Topou
James Tedesco
S Tupaniua
JWH
S Walker
C Watson

Let that sink in..... The rest of the players must be on food scraps and rice (Unless other payments are made :face_with_rolling_eyes: )

Now I know we need to address our backyard but when a club like this can keep these players for less money how does the NRL expect lower teams to pick them up as they wont leave. I don't blame the players as I am sure they are getting WELL looked after in some way or form and they get to play finals every year. For me the NRL Salary cap does not work and needs addressing but they won't change it.

I can see us in 3-4 years time in a very good position as long as we can keep the good ones we have and not let them go to the likes of Roosters , South, etc..
I feel we need to Lock up Stefo, Laurie, Blore ASAP before we get into a fighting match with other clubs that increase there prices. If we can snag Hodgson and or Papailli that would be massive for us..

This post is not to bag the club its more about how hard it is to rebuild the correct way like we are and not pay massive overs like some clubs.. It's very hard but with the right people closing the deals now it might help..

And Roosters keep Manu despite $1mil plus offers from elsewhere. He'll take 500k less because he's a good bloke that loves the club. Please....

@nrlsurvivor said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504636) said:
A day after signing with Eels it looks like Curtis Scott has a new off field problem being accused of stalking his ex. Can you imagine the media reaction if it was Wests who had just signed him. I’m sure the words “laughing stock” would have been used. Dodged a bullet there.

Stalking is legal, in fact encouraged in Parramatta.

@tigerballs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504638) said:
We are clearly going down the youth direction at the club and it will start paying off in a few years time I have no doubt..
We are all sitting here just wanting the club to buy just **1** Top line player to help the young ones and help keep our hopes alive.. One day :pray:

Now I find it funny that teams like Roosters and Souths have fans that are complaining they lost a player and need a top player to replace them to remain in the top 4 teams.. Then you look at there teams and all I can think about it how good would it be having a team like this or even half of them...

Collins
A Crichton
Luke Keary
J Manu
V Radley
J Suaalli
Sio Taukeiaho
D Topou
James Tedesco
S Tupaniua
JWH
S Walker
C Watson

Let that sink in..... The rest of the players must be on food scraps and rice (Unless other payments are made :face_with_rolling_eyes: )

Now I know we need to address our backyard but when a club like this can keep these players for less money how does the NRL expect lower teams to pick them up as they wont leave. I don't blame the players as I am sure they are getting WELL looked after in some way or form and they get to play finals every year. For me the NRL Salary cap does not work and needs addressing but they won't change it.

I can see us in 3-4 years time in a very good position as long as we can keep the good ones we have and not let them go to the likes of Roosters , South, etc..
I feel we need to Lock up Stefo, Laurie, Blore ASAP before we get into a fighting match with other clubs that increase there prices. If we can snag Hodgson and or Papailli that would be massive for us..

This post is not to bag the club its more about how hard it is to rebuild the correct way like we are and not pay massive overs like some clubs.. It's very hard but with the right people closing the deals now it might help..

And Roosters keep Manu despite $1mil plus offers from elsewhere. He'll take 500k less because he's a good bloke that loves the club. Please....

Whatever happened to the NRL valuing players and ensuring their club contracts reflect this? Serious questions need to be asked - Roosters top 30 v Tigers top 30 is at opposite ends of the galaxy under the same salary cap. They obviously turn a blind eye to this which is really stupid in my opinion - how much more engaging would the NRL be to watch if all sides were fairly equal on paper. No 60-0 drubbings, a healthy spread of talent, engaging more fans up the eastern seaboard and Australia wide. Just doesn't make sense.

@roar_power said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504641) said:

Collins
A Crichton
Luke Keary
J Manu
V Radley
J Suaalli
Sio Taukeiaho
D Topou
James Tedesco
S Tupaniua
JWH
S Walker
C Watson

Whatever happened to the NRL valuing players and ensuring their club contracts reflect this? Serious questions need to be asked - Roosters top 30 v Tigers top 30 is at opposite ends of the galaxy under the same salary cap. They obviously turn a blind eye to this which is really stupid in my opinion - how much more engaging would the NRL be to watch if all sides were fairly equal on paper. No 60-0 drubbings, a healthy spread of talent, engaging more fans up the eastern seaboard and Australia wide. Just doesn't make sense.

Its all above board just ask the NRL

@kh1988 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504588) said:
@hammertime said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504581) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504580) said:
@aceshigh said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504573) said:
Wot a load of [censored] , players told him not to come play under Maguire , that’s a load of crap

Source?

I think you need to ask the source of the original statement from @KH1988.

Finally found it again - don't shoot the messenger only sharing what was reported!!! (a bit scared how this copy and paste will turn out)

*Word later got back to the club that he had been advised by Blues teammates in camp to avoid playing under Maguire. He later signed with the Bulldogs.*

*Seven players in last year’s Blues squad - Luke Keary, Cody Walker, Cameron Murray, Nathan Brown, Angus Crichton, Cameron McInnes and Damien Cook - had previously been coached by Maguire at South Sydney.*

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/trust-or-bust-revelations-that-leave-tigers-on-collision-course-with-maguire-20210831-p58no0.html

Not saying this article is true, but if it is I can’t understand these players. If I had a hard nose coach that worked us too the bone and we came out with a premiership, I’d be forever great full, not bagging him.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504261) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503954) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1503894) said:
@GNR4LIFE and @avocadoontoast if you guys have given up just go support another team or stop supporting the game all you guys post is negative stuff and while I don’t deny the club has made dumb decisions at times you guys never say anything positive this place is riddled with negativity and you two are definitely in the top 5 if you’ve given up which sounds like you have just stop posting to try and annoy everyone else sorry to the admins and mods who run this as it isn’t related to the forum it just had to be said

Hey Glenn ...you forgot to add me .....i think this club is an abortion and I won't be surprised if we are gone within 10 years .....

When are we going to sign a player ranked even in the Top 100 players of the NRL ......

Can't recall the word "abortion" getting much of a run on here before.

I don't know why ...many of our performances over the years have resembled one .......

@ccwt said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504657) said:
Wot a load of [censored] , players told him not to come play under Maguire , that’s a load of crap

Source?

Finally found it again - don't shoot the messenger only sharing what was reported!!! (a bit scared how this copy and paste will turn out)

*Word later got back to the club that he had been advised by Blues teammates in camp to avoid playing under Maguire. He later signed with the Bulldogs.*

*Seven players in last year’s Blues squad - Luke Keary, Cody Walker, Cameron Murray, Nathan Brown, Angus Crichton, Cameron McInnes and Damien Cook - had previously been coached by Maguire at South Sydney.*

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/trust-or-bust-revelations-that-leave-tigers-on-collision-course-with-maguire-20210831-p58no0.html

Not saying this article is true, but if it is I can’t understand these players. If I had a hard nose coach that worked us too the bone and we came out with a premiership, I’d be forever great full, not bagging him.

In the documentary, one thing I noticed is at the end of THAT game against Souffs, how many of the Souffs players, including the mascot, when shaking hands with the Tigers players all said "Say G'day to Madge for me". If you cant stand the bloke that isnt an immediate thought.

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504667) said:

Source?

In the documentary, one thing I noticed is at the end of THAT game against Souffs, how many of the Souffs players, including the mascot, when shaking hands with the Tigers players all said "Say G'day to Madge for me". If you cant stand the bloke that isnt an immediate thought.

Wouldn't you walk across and hi to him yourself?

Source?

The only bloke who was keen to say hi was the mascot he was Madge’s biggest fan.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504669) said:

Source?

The only bloke who was keen to say hi was the mascot he was Madge’s biggest fan.

I personally know a player from that 2014 squad who still rates Madge.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504669) said:

Source?

Reynolds said it to Doueihi as well, thought there might have been more

Source?

Don't you think it's a good reflection on made that he coach 7 SOS players, mostly from an early age, to state of origin level.

Cook was a reserve grade hooker at bulldogs, cody was 25 playing reserves. While Kerry, Murray, Chrichton, McInnes all learnt their trade under Madge.

@tigerballs said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504673) said:

Source?

I personally know a player from that 2014 squad who still rates Madge.

That would make much more sense to me. Usually when you win a premiership together you think pretty fondly of your coach. Head scratching to think that's what these guys are saying about Madge when he helped get them there?! Saying dont go play for Madge because is irony when those guys mentioned in the article couldn't even win a premiership even with the master coach?! Another fake news article imo

Collins
A Crichton
Luke Keary
J Manu
V Radley
J Suaalli
Sio Taukeiaho
D Topou
James Tedesco
S Tupaniua
JWH
S Walker
C Watson

I heard he is staying at the roosters for 850k a year I’m sure uncle nick will fill in the rest

have we got Papilli'i yet,do we need him,2years out with c-vid,sent the whole game back,or was that just a ruse 2 put Luciano in her place

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1504755) said:
have we got Papilli'i yet,do we need him,2years out with c-vid,sent the whole game back,or was that just a ruse 2 put Luciano in her place

We definitely need another decent second rower.

Well according to @THE_POM we are looking at another backrower so hopefully we sign one soon hopefully Papal”II

Members online

Back