Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507799) said:
Very poor form from Kikau, Gus and Barrett.

Deliberate by Gus to try get him early no doubt - not that they have any money for him.

Shades of Auckland Blues Benji, not a good look for anyone involved

@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507794) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507785) said:
![0071D470-DB9E-4904-A588-4DD059E119F6.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1637284614085-0071d470-db9e-4904-a588-4dd059e119f6.jpeg)

Well I’d be shall I say, a little annoyed if one of our players did this.

I wouldn't have minded us having a go at Kikau but only because I didn't think we were a chance of landing Papali'i, who I think is a much better option.
That's going to be an extremely top-heavy roster at the Bulldogs, with quite a few players that have problems with consistency and effort...

I would much rather Papali’i. Also how much did they pay, Read said he turned down the Cowboys who offered $800k a season for 4 years?

stoked the dogs got Kikau, another high risk player that will struggle being out of an elite system that will most likely fail on big dollars. we managed to sign the best back rower on the market not named Angus Crichton.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507801) said:
@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507794) said:
![0071D470-DB9E-4904-A588-4DD059E119F6.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1637284614085-0071d470-db9e-4904-a588-4dd059e119f6.jpeg)

I wouldn't have minded us having a go at Kikau but only because I didn't think we were a chance of landing Papali'i, who I think is a much better option.
That's going to be an extremely top-heavy roster at the Bulldogs, with quite a few players that have problems with consistency and effort...

I would much rather Papali’i. Also how much did they pay, Read said he turned down the Cowboys who offered $800k a season for 4 years?

In all honesty the Bulldogs offer may have been the same as the Cowboys (still way overs imo) and wouldn't require the upheaval of moving to north queensland.

@rowdy12 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507806) said:
@jimmy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507805) said:
Israel Ogden has a cup contract!!

For us?

it appears so, thought he was as good as gone, tiger's website says different. great news if true.

@leichardt99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507800) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507799) said:
Very poor form from Kikau, Gus and Barrett.

Deliberate by Gus to try get him early no doubt - not that they have any money for him.

Shades of Auckland Blues Benji, not a good look for anyone involved

Yeah, but somehow because it's Ivan getting jammed, I'm ok with it. Pretty sure the bloke still has a negative karma balance.

Honestly the dogs cap must already be a total mess. The following are all reportedly on a minimum $500k with most closer to $700-$800k

JAC
Allen
Cotric
Thompson
Jackson
TPJ
Jackson
Kikau

8 players and not a single decent spine player amongst them taking up half the cap on their own. Just wow

@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507802) said:
stoked the dogs got Kikau, another high risk player that will struggle being out of an elite system that will most likely fail on big dollars. we managed to sign the best back rower on the market not named Angus Crichton.

We signed Cam Murray?

@rowdy12 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507809) said:
Honestly the dogs cap must already be a total mess. The following are all reportedly on a minimum $500k with most closer to $700-$800k

JAC
Allen
Cotric
Thompson
Jackson
TPJ
Jackson
Kikau

8 players and not a single decent spine player amongst them taking up half the cap on their own. Just wow

They signed Jackson twice? You forgot Flanagan, with Naden not too far behind in $.

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507810) said:
@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507802) said:

We signed Cam Murray?

Not "on the market" until 2026.

If the NRL , don’t investigate the dogs on there cap , then everyone else should just go out and sign whoever they like . This is a joke .

@rowdy12 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507809) said:

JAC
Allen
Cotric
Thompson
Jackson
TPJ
Jackson
Kikau

They will have to upgrade Burton as well. Gus I think said it himself

3 minutes ago
https://t.e.nine.com.au/r/?id=h77f3cad7,9228899,87a34c6&ocid=edm-wwos.nine.com.au-ninedaily--211119&mktg_scr=edm-wwosdaily

Wonder how this is going to go down

Leaked photo reveals huge Bulldogs signing
A leaked photo of Viliame Kikau in a Bulldogs polo appear to confirm the Panthers star has signed with a deal at Belmore.

highlights how well our recent signing was handled

One of my mates was listening to SEN radio and apparently Jack Wighton was mentioned apparently Tigers are looking at him if true I think that would mean Luke Brooks and Jack Wighton swap

SHM -NRL 2022
Panthers fume as Bulldogs launch probe into leaked Kikau picture
Panthers back-rower Viliame Kikau has created a stir, posing in a Bulldogs’ polo after signing a four-year deal with the club. But the deal only starts in 2023.
Lol

@tigerwould said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507828) said:
SHM -NRL 2022
Panthers fume as Bulldogs launch probe into leaked Kikau picture
Panthers back-rower Viliame Kikau has created a stir, posing in a Bulldogs’ polo after signing a four-year deal with the club. But the deal only starts in 2023.
Lol

Well that’s one way out of a contract…he’ll be at the dogs next year I’d say

Back