Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’ve heard the whisper yesterday arvo about this one too. I think we get this done.

Sorry who is our number one priority? Euan Aiken or Hudson Young. I would be happy with both of them. Still need some pacey backs that can score points and a back up full back.

A big thank you to all the Forum Members with inside information. Much appreciated.

So to sum up the last couple of pages it appears WT have meet with Euan Aiken (Centre/Second Rower) - 26 years old with 143 NRL games and 49 tries.

WT interesting in some of the Faiders Clean Out Players

Joseph Tapine (turns 28 today so May the 4th be with you) - Second Rower with 146 NRL games

Hudson Young (23) - Second Rower with 55 games. Aggressive player. Was done for eye gouging in the past so hopefully that shit is out of his game

Kade Dykes - Young fullback from Cronulla and son of Adam Dykes. Back up full back needed

Matt Komolafe - Young Eels winger with speed and can find the line.

Whilst he has talent and plays hard I hope Jack Bird does not come to WT. We have signed these type of players before and have been burnt. Let's learn from the past.

Players leaving seasons end from top 30 (I have at least 9)

Leilua - Cowboys (one I hope we don't regret leaving us)

Tuilagi - Manly

Roberts - Dolphins maybe

Tamou - retirement or maybe offered one more year

Gardner - Penrith maybe

Mikaele - Dolphins maybe

Liddle - Parra maybe

T Simpkins - released.

Kei - released

We have only 2 confirmed signing for 2023 so lots of spots available.

Last edited:
Players living in areas like Many and Cronulla would enjoy the beaches and cafes , but I think money still would be a major part along with a real chance to play top grade , Older players with solid history could go to these areas for a bit less and still enjoy what’s on offer , makes it harder for the Tigers but I still think we can purchase players for next year and complete well

A big thank you to all the Forum Members with inside information. Much appreciated.

So to sum up the last couple of pages it appears WT have meet with Euan Aiken (Centre/Second Rower) - 26 years old with 143 NRL games and 49 tries.

WT interesting in some of the Faiders Clean Out Players

Joseph Tapine (turns 28 today so May the 4th be with you) - Second Rower with 146 NRL games

Hudson Young (23) - Second Rower with 55 games. Aggressive player. Was done for eye gouging in the past so hopefully that shit is out of his game

Kade Dykes - Young fullback from Cronulla and son of Adam Dykes. Back up full back needed

Matt Komolafe - Young Eels winger with speed and can find the line.

Whilst he has talent and plays hard I hope Jack Bird does not come to WT. We have signed these type of players before and have been burnt. Let's learn from the past.

Players leaving seasons end from top 30 (I have at least 9)

Leilua - Cowboys (one I hope we don't regret leaving us)

Tuilagi - Manly

Roberts - Dolphins maybe

Tamou - retirement or maybe offered one more year

Gardner - Penrith maybe

Mikaele - Dolphins maybe

Liddle - Parra maybe

T Simpkins - released.

Kei - released

We have only 2 confirmed signing for 2023 so lots of spots available.
Jet to be medically retired potentially

In the past our character judgement has been absolutely ridiculous. Bellamy puts blokes on construction sites to get a feel for their ethos. We give three quarters of a million dollars to Oporto ambassadors
Whilst Bellamy's strike rate of getting players to perform is unparalleled, let us not pretend or fantasise that Melbourne does not or has never had it's own serious string of bad eggs, lazy or stupid players, on and off-field.

Cameron Munster far from a saint, only saved by his precocious skill. Storm were home to former bad-boys like Arana Taumata and Ryan Tandy. Matt Lodge's first indiscretion was to threaten to punch a Melbourne coach. Rodney Howe with his steroids conviction, Danny Williams and his king-hit. They had to change the rules to outlaw Billy Slater leading with his legs and knees in defence and bomb defusal.

They've also had a very long list of dud signings who didn't perform or were unreliable. Have a look through the list of former Melbourne Storm players, it might make for surprise reading how many duds they've had.

And the obvious ones - ongoing cocaine controversies and the systematic salary cap rorting, that required club-wide participation and complicity by the players.

The difference with the Storm and everyone else is that Bellamy is so good at assembling a very competitive Top 24 that we forget the indiscretions - they melt away under piles and piles of success.

Latest posts

Back