Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Our cap is fine so not sure your point
Not sure???

Our cap is fine now, for the first time in a decade.

Top players need to be paid the top dollars.

Brooksy isnt the player we need him to be. His next contract needts to ne fair and reflect the form of the last few years.

Simples

You do know Brooks isn't on a $1m a year contract right, it's actually more around the 600-700k a year contract comparative to ADs over the terms of his contract. It's just highlights how bad our cap was when he extended as his contract is backloaded.

All anyone knows is what is reported and most the time Buzz and co pull figures out of their backsides as players salaries aren't actually released.
I certainly dont believe the preposterous salary being thrown around by media,

however all salaries for retention of players need to reflect the contribution.

is that a sign 2 extend Tamou n Joe Off .because they did f all until the last year of contracts

Reactions: PJ_
He was the halfback bat off boy.
He steered the team along with Farah. Marshal was the window dressing.
As for your last sentence…we are all well aware of that, watching Brooks punce about for 9 years. Liu played the role of halfback more than Luke ever has.
See what you did there Stroker…
All good - I sorta thought you knew a bit about footy, surely you’ve been here long enough to at least picked up a few things…
A game managing 7 you claim he was - probably why Farah fed the last scrum in the roosters semi…
He played in the halves for us - but was never a halfback.

Last edited:
See what you did there Stroker…
All good - I sorta thought you knew a bit about footy, surely you’ve been here long enough to at least picked up a few things…
A game managing 7 you claim he was - probably why Farah fed the last scrum in the roosters semi…
He played in the halves for us - but was never a halfback.
Cool it a bit guys both your input have valid points,its a discussion,no need to make it personal name calling....
Lui was very good for us and may not have been the standout he should have been because of Farah and Marshall ruling the roost...
The same can be said about Luke Brooks,a halfback sensation with hype,but maybe should have been given the opportunity earlier on to explore how well he could have been as a running 5/8,however Benji had that position tied up...
I still think Jacko/Luke combo as it is will get better,dont forget Hastings missed 3 games,thats 3 games he and Brooks didnt get to gel and get used to each other....

He was the halfback bat off boy.
He steered the team along with Farah. Marshal was the window dressing.
As for your last sentence…we are all well aware of that, watching Brooks punce about for 9 years. Liu played the role of halfback more than Luke ever has.
We missed Liu massively in 2012 his 2010/2011 season great Sheen's had big wraps on him I can not remember correctly the quote from Sheen's but said Liu had the best slight of hand and delaying his passes and was the best he had ever seen

Liu was the perfect foil for Robbie and Benji and the back half of 2011 was coming into his own he took pressure off them and was a real attacking threat

But none of them could control a team like a traditional halfback but I think Lui became a controlling halfback in the UK from some games I have seen but there was no way Lui would be allowed to control the team with Robbie and Benji there

It's a shame he was such a weak person and to do what he did not once but twice

What about when Hastings was out suspended...

Brooks needed to step up and just failed as usual.
Pretty sure that was on Madden, it was "his team" as he was playing first receiver.

When we lose today it will because of the number of injuries, changing the halves is not going to fix that.

Brian Kelly got dropped and seems out of favour at the Titans

I remember Madge showing major interest in him

Kids so much better than what he’s doing at the titans, but hell David Fifita can’t even look that good at the titans too

Kelly has a lot of potential and will cover a centre position…. love to see it happen
Yeah he goes well. Genuine centre as well.

Brian Kelly got dropped and seems out of favour at the Titans

I remember Madge showing major interest in him

Kids so much better than what he’s doing at the titans, but hell David Fifita can’t even look that good at the titans too

Kelly has a lot of potential and will cover a centre position…. love to see it happen
Him and Billy Smith would make a great centre pairing.

Back